From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Makeup Is Life

Makeup Is Life

• 78326 Members
  • 6746 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

We're not making this up. The Sephora makeup community is the best place to share makeup questions and get the best insider info on new launches.

We're not making this up. The Sephora makeup community is the best place to share makeup questions and get the best insider info on new launches.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Makeup Is Life
Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge
|
Re: Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Lol, not negative at all @sister13 . If anything, it made me curious. "I went in thinking, I don't remember it being like that, ...read more
Lol, not negative at all @sister13 . If anything, it made me curious. "I went in thinking, I don't remember it being like that, lemme see 😂🤣"
Recent images from this conversation
Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023/2024
|
Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023/2024
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Thank you dearly 珞 @Girly2Shoes ...read more
Thank you dearly 💐🤗 @Girly2Shoes
Empties - V2
|
Re: Empties - V2
GO-GETTER II INSIDER
Reply: @itsfi haha an all-GOAT empties batch is definitely the dream! We will just have to keep our fingers crossed for such a fortunate ...read more
@itsfi haha an all-GOAT empties batch is definitely the dream! We will just have to keep our fingers crossed for such a fortunate occurrence! 😂
why is my setting spray not working?!
|
Re: why is my setting spray not working?!
ICON I INSIDER
Reply: @tamwyu If you have oily skin, try using setting spray before applying any makeup (including primer); sandwich it between your su ...read more
@tamwyu If you have oily skin, try using setting spray before applying any makeup (including primer); sandwich it between your sunscreen and makeup. Some setting sprays can help keep oil at bay. After makeup, you can use setting spray a second time. I haven’t tried that method myself because I have mostly-dry combo skin, but an oily skinned friend of mine swears by it. She says it’s the only way any brand’s setting spray works for her. You could also powder-set your makeup: use a translucent setting powder and press it (don’t just dust or lightly tap it) into your skin over your makeup. And assuming your skin’s naturally oily, you can try tweaking your skincare routine a bit to control overproduction of oil. I don’t wanna recommend anything there without knowing what you already use in your routine—though I will say niacinamide helps some folks a lot.
Ambassador Curated
THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !
|
Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @Sunnysmom you said that they stay on--like, for several hours? Through eating/drinking? ...read more
@Sunnysmom you said that they stay on--like, for several hours? Through eating/drinking?
Foundation
|
Re: Foundation
FRESH FACE I INSIDER
Reply: @Martin101 When you do your skincare prep make sure you really focus moisturizing around your nose area since it needs extra hydra ...read more
@Martin101 When you do your skincare prep make sure you really focus moisturizing around your nose area since it needs extra hydration than everywhere else. Also make sure you’re using a good moisturizer and giving the prep a minute to absorb into your skin before applying your foundation. My nose area tends to crease a lot so what I started doing was not apply my foundation directly around or on my nose and instead take whatever is on the brush/sponge from blending and i lightly go over my nose. It minimizes product buildup so try that! Also make sure you don’t over-powder because too much powder can cause caking as well. If you’re someone who carries touch ups with them, you can maybe even look into face mists. Its a good way to melt your makeup back together when it’s looking dull or in need of some repairs lol. Spray it at arms length and take a blender or puff and go around your nose. I like Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL
Getting makeup done
|
Re: Getting makeup done
GO-GETTER I INSIDER
Reply: Wow! Fantastic, @wafaaalfatih , what's the lipstick  you used? ...read more
Wow! Fantastic, @wafaaalfatih , what's the lipstick 💄 you used?
What’s Your Fav Makeup Product?
|
Re: What’s Your Fav Makeup Product?
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: I LOVE nude lip sticks/ lip glosses too!!! I have A LOT. 😅
I LOVE nude lip sticks/ lip glosses too!!! I have A LOT. 😅
New Post in Makeup Is Life
Foundation Keeps Separating
Hi, I have had problems with my foundation separating for almost a year! I have tried so many products (skincare, primer, foundati ...read more
Hi, I have had problems with my foundation separating for almost a year! I have tried so many products (skincare, primer, foundations) and nothing seems to work. I have heard it's because I'm oil, I'm dry, and I'm using products with different based (silicone and water). No matter what I do or use it still happens. Can anyone help me figure out why and what products would be best for me? I'm not sure what kind of skin I have. I get oily in my Tzone when I wear foundation and have cystic acne. I really appreciate all the help.
Bronze for Fair Skin
|
Re: Bronze for Fair Skin
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @eemmillyyy MERIT Bronze Balm Sheer Sculpting Bronzer Saie Sun Melt Natural Cream Bronzer ...read more
@eemmillyyy MERIT Bronze Balm Sheer Sculpting Bronzer Saie Sun Melt Natural Cream Bronzer
98,518 Posts