cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Your soup pic has me craving chicken noodle soup now....gahhhh

I'm not crazy on too many veggies either, but soup is nice because things are all mushy or soft!

swfupload_4228313866781067060.jpg

One day the soup will say "Buy more make up"  O_O

Anonymous Insider

My cereal's trying o tell me something, it says "ooooooooooooo" XD

"Peter, those are Cherrios...."

swfupload_5081732424646823795.jpg

post your food people! This is kinda fun! 😄

tu.jpgyum.jpg

easter dinner 😄

GASP THAT LOOKS SO DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Anonymous Insider

YUUUM!!  Can you ask your mom if we can all come over for dinner, please? 😛

Omg omg omg........that turkey looks sooo good and is that peach or apple????? Must know....must drool....

Its potatoes 😄

Hahah! Well shucks! I'll take potatoes too!!!!

I don't discriminate, it's all yummy!

How were those cooked up?

My mom baked all of that in the oven. The turkey in the main oven and the potatoes in the smaller oven, I dont know what its called, it looks sorta lika a microwave but isnt.

I cant wait till easter again actually. My dads side of the family is Orthodox so we celebrate 2 easters and 2 xmases every year 😄

Double the parties, double the fun, double food!!!!! 

I totally encourage more and more food pictures here!!

Spinach Potato bisque from Joy the Baker

Cauliflower quiche from Smitten Kitchen

I made a ton of those 2 things, otherwise I'd just gorge on fried chicken all day long. Also made chocolate sauce (chocolate chips, Kahlua licquor, milk, leftover caramel ice cream) for smoothies (I'm on a banana smoothie bend.

aren't smoothies supposed to be a kind of healthy food?  I wanna try your version with chocolate, booze and ice cream!

Well, that was the ingredients for my chocolate sauce. The actual smoothie was banana, milk, nut butter, and some chocolate sauce (cuz straight up chocolate chips don't work quite as well).

Besides, booze and ice cream are not as bad as ingredients for smoothie than by itself eaten/drinking alone, right?

(somehow the grammar didn't seem right, hmm...I'm losing my touch).

I went to a sweets shop this weekend and had a white chocolate, strawberry milk shake! Sooo good! It wasn't crazy thick or crazy sweet, juuuust right!

Anonymous Insider

Oooh, people have such a difficult time making fruit and chocolate milkshake mixtures, my favorite of all time is chocolate cherry, and so far there's two places that do it perfectly, Johnny Rocket's and Lucky Wishbone (in Anchorage)!

I just had a chocolate and strawberry milkshake that was diiiiivine!!!!! It wasn't crazy thick and the it was a perfect balance of berries and chocolate (think they included some white chocolate). Delish!

3 Replies
testing