bombshell30

Take the Challenge: Palette Parade

[ Edited ]

Hi. My name is Bombshell and I am an eye shadow-aholic. I love it. It makes me so happy. It is getting out of control. Upon counting only those palettes with 3+ shadows I have a total of 43. They each deserve love and attention. They all deserve their own 5 minutes (or days in the case) of fame. My Plan is this: One by one the Palattes shall parade through the open space on my vanity. Starting this Monday, each week I will use only one palette per work week (M-F) and cheat on the weekends. I will use them one by one until I have used them all for  5 day period. I will use them in alphabetical order. I have alphabetized my palettes and started with those that begin with #'s, lowest number to highest, and the A-Z. On Saturday and Sunday (depending on what CalamityJane comes up with) there might be a look or color of the day. In addition to the palette, single shadows and eyeliner may be used (:smileywink: ) in addition to the weekly palette. All looks should mainly come from the palette of the week. This way I can be fair to all of my palettes & all of my older palettes that haven't quite gotten the appreciation they deserve will get some time in the sun. At the end of the week if I was successful I will write the date beside the palette on the list. If I can't get at least 5 days worth of looks from them it is likely time to put them in a TSB or give them to a friend that will love them.  I am hoping this will help me appreciate what I've got rather than constantly thinking I need something new. I am not promising not to buy any shadows in the almost year it will take me to complete this little journey. That is just not realistic.I will just have to use them on weekend cheat days.  I am hoping the experience will at least make me more grateful for all the wonderful things I have & save me some $! LOL This is about accountability. I invite any and all to join. Feel free to make up your own rules and reward system. Just post them here and I will support you in your efforts any way that I can. Not all of us will be able to follow the same rules but we can certainly all support one another! 

Courtesy of Mafan---New Rule* If you absolutely DO NOT like a palette, you have the option of setting it aside for a TSB/give away and moving on to the next palette on your list. No sense in wearing make up you don't like for 5 whole days!Make up is supposed to make us happy. 

Courtesy of JaimeLove---New Rule* A holiday (including your birthday,anniversary or graduation) is an acceptable cheat day! (BRILLIANT)

My List

Week 1: 4 Magic-Lancome  1/17/14 Not keeping, got bored by day 3

Week 2: 4 Passion-Lancome 1/24/14 Depotting one shade and passing on the rest, which are almost new!!! 

Week 3: 10th Anniversary Palettes- Too Faced Quasi-keeper: keeping one blush, and 4 of the shadows. Donating the rest to a friends Z-palette. NOTE TO SELF: Must NOT depot before using! Just got so excited about my new toy!

Week 4: 10 Pan Shadow Palette- Stila.   Keeping- love it more than I knew!! 

Week 5: 15th Anniversary Palette- Urban Decay KEEPER!!!

Week 6:Admire Me Smashbox

Week 7: Adventure Palette-Tarte

Week 8: Be Bright-Too Faced

Week 9: Be Merry-Too Faced

Week10: Book of Shadows2- Urban Decay

Week11: Chocolate Bar-Too Faced

Week12: Cocktail Hour-Bare Minerals

Week13: Deluxe Shadow Box-Urban Decay

Week14: Do it Yourself (4) Tin-Urban Decay

Week15: ELF 100

Week16: Entice Me-Smashbox

Week17: Esperanza-KatVonD

Week18: Eye Couture - Tarte

Week19: Fabulous in Fiji-Stila

Week20: Flash-Smashbox

Week21: Impressionist Palette-Stila

Week22: Joy to the Girls-Too Faced

Week23: Kaleidoscope-Stila

Week24: Kiss-n-Tell- Smashbox

Week25: Lavender Grace - Lancome

Week26: Let it Snow- Stila

Week27: Life in Laguna-Stila

Week28: Masterclass 1- Smashbox

Week29: Masterclass 2- Smashbox

Week30: Minimalist Palette-Stila

Week31: Modernist Palette-Stila

Week32: Naked 3- Urban Decay

Week33: Pee-A-Bright-Eyes-Benefit

Week34: Smolder-Lorac

Week35: Spellbinding Book of Shadows-KatVonD

Week36: Star Child Odyssey- Tarina Tarintino (This should be an interesting week)

Week37: Sweet Romance-Lorac

Week38: Tarte of Giving-Tarte

Week39: Til Death do us Part-Tokidoki

Week40: Unzipped-Lorac

Week41: Urban Ammo-Urban Decay

Week42: Vegas-Tokidoki

Week43: Wizard of Oz (Glinda) -Urban Decay

I would really love to share this with some of you. It is always good to know that you are not alone. Please feel free to share insights and ideas. Here's crossing my fingers for a successful make-up adventure!! :smileyhappy: 

Do you want to be a princess? :smileywink:image.jpgNikki's list: page 1, Glossyguru's & Amberangeline's list: pg. 3, Beethousand & scratch to void Pg. 4, IttyxBittyxMe, jaimelove, and Katie 241 p.6, Carolang & LadyMeag pg.7, CalamityJane & micheleran pg. 8, Mafan & Malday pg.10, warriorwitch pg.11, Nursecupcake pg. 22, Beethousand 27, ghkim pg 40, manniface pg.42, sparklekai pg. 42, siren princess pg. 55

amberangeline

Re: Take the Challenge: Palette Parade

Thanks!!! I'm looking forward to next week- it's Boudoir Eyes week! Might prove to be challenging since it's a smaller range of colors, but I'm looking forward to experimenting! 

bombshell30

Ladies if the Palette Parade, what did we cheat did we cheat with this weekend?I used my Boudoir Eyes Saturday & today my Too Faced Be Bright Palette. After a week of basics I was ready to get crazy! LOL

I hope everyone had lots of fun cheating because tomorrow it is back to the list!!! xoxo 

calamityjane85

Beautiful :smileyhappy: 

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Thanks Calamity! You inspire me!! :smileyvery-happy:

amberangeline

This is a fun look!

bombshell30

Yes, it was just perfect for walking the dogs to the park! LOL When you only get 2 cheat days a week you have to make them count!!!

ladymeag

I "cheated" with a no-makeup look with a small set of Urban Decay neutral singles and black liner. (Virgin, Walk of Shame, Laced, Tease, Naked) Feeling kind of basic this weekend.It also gave me a good chance to try out the MAC Huggable lipstick I picked up earlier this month 

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Virgin is one of my all time faves!!! I did soft and basic yesterday and wild woman today! I have another quad this week. It's actually hard to make a quad work for 5 days when you have a short attention span!

calamityjane85

so who are you going to cheat with today?

haha I picked laura mercier, and slathered my lids in African violet. 

bombshell30

*claps hands together & bounces up and down in manner of small child* Boudoir eyes!!! :smileyhappy: I can't wait!!! As soon as I get back from yoga I am getting painted up like a princess!! LOL ooooooooooo African Violet.......do I need that Calamity? Sounds like maybe I might need that......... :smileywink:

calamityjane85

Yes :smileyhappy: 

glossyguru

[ Edited ]

Sorry I missed the check in last night, my internet was down :smileysad: but after a week of using my Stila + Bp palette, I still don't know how I feel about it. I didn't like it at first, but now I don't even know what to do with it

image.jpg

bombshell30

Hey Glossyguru!!! :smileyhappy: Proud of you! You don't have to check in on Friday nights, Saturday mornings are fine! I'm sorry you still aren't sure how you feel about your palette.I'm not sure what you mean by "I'm not sure what to do with it" Do you mean get rid of it, or create more looks with it?  If it doesn't make you feel beautiful and happy I say find it a new home. If there is anything this project is making me realize it's that our make up is an extension of who we are and it should at the VERY LEAST make us feel happy & beautiful! :smileyhappy: Nosense in letting it take up space if it doesn't do both. I know you can't traveling box with us but do you maybe have a friend who would be over the moon to have it? Perhaps a one-on-one trade? If you meant the latter, we can put out a RED ALERT: Does anyone out there have BP+STILA palette like this one and just love it? Our sweet Glossyguru wants some new and different ways to work it! :smileywink: At least it's a cheat day today and you can whatever colors you want! Praise the Lord!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

It's just a very mixed palette for me. I got it because of the purple shade called boho, which ended up looking like a bruise on my eye. All of the other colors are duplicates of stuff I already have. I would relocate it, but it has the Kitten Face Highlighter in it, which I love so... I don't know...

jaimelove

no pictures because i'm lazy, but today i used UD 24/7 liner in covet and dayglo from the esperanza palette :smileyhappy: if i get motivated i may take a picture. but... meh :smileywink: 

bombshell30

Hope your having fun with it Jaime! :smileywink:

jaimelove

i definitely am! i am really loving it :smileyvery-happy: 

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Your lucky you started out with something super fun like Esperanza! 

mafan

I didn't want to fail to check in, but my real end of week will be Sunday. I worked at home yesterday and today and didn't put on any makeup at all. I'm going out tomorrow,however, so I will use my palette again then. 

So far I'm undecided about keeping it. I really like the face side of it. The neutrals I used were nice but not unique. But the shadows did wear really well. I used the green on Wednesday and it's very neutral, too. 

My real question is whether I can make myself use the other half of the palette. That's the part that is more unique for me. 

Further reports later this week. 

bombshell30

That's what this is all about Mafan- figuring out if we really love it, or if we just like the idea of it! If it works for us, or if we just want it to work for us. I am excited to hear what you decide! "Why not go out on a limb? That's where all the fruit is..." (Mark Twain) :smileywink:

ladymeag

Which palette are you using? I'm feeling similarly ambivalent about a KVD Ludwig.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 1266 replies
  • 2370 hearts
  • 94 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • lovinglondon
    • nikki
    • killahbabe
    • anaa
    • malday