LCResz

Need help deciding on what to buy and when

For my birthday I have received a lot of gift cards for Sephora (my friends and family know my addiction so well!) I also have a one-time only coupon for 20% off an entire online purchase. So here's my dilemma: do I ...

A) Buy everything I want in one order to take advantage of my 20% discount even though that means I only get three free samples out of the whole deal and would be left high and dry for any rumored events coming up

B) Only buy the most expensive thing on my wish list now with the 20%off and hold on to the rest of my gift cards in the hopes that more sales/discounts/perks will be available in the coming months

C) Only buy the one limited edition thing I really want now with my 20% off and again hold on to the rest until the sales come along

I am not an impatient person, but I am a diehard bargain hunter, and 20% off is pretty sweet. This is how I spend my birthday, plotting how I will spend my gift cards :smileywink:

mommyto4

Re: Need help deciding on what to buy and when

I just used my 20% off code to buy everything I have been lusting after currently.  Then with the next sale in Nov. I plan to buy anything that pops up between now and then.  I didn't want to risk anything going out of stock, which is what happened to me during the 15% off in spring.  I already have a few things in my cart and I just placed my order on Friday :smileyhappy:

LCResz

(0) Hearts

First, thanks for the birthday wishes, I had a lovely day with my family :smileyhappy: I think that option c is the way I'm going to go, I am going to snap up the OCC mini lip set that will be released on Tuesday, then I will wait until November and see what will roll out then. Thanks again for lending me your ears, I can always count on BT to enable me responsibly!

Missie772

Happy Birthday!!!

I say buy the limited edition item! It may be sold out soon!! And you don't want to miss out on it and track it down all over and even paying extra for it!

spoiledbrat

First, "happy birthday!"  Second, i happen to love many LE items and am very disappointed when i do not get them - with that thinking, i would go for the LE items you want - they sell out quickly - test them IMMEDIATELY incase you are bonkers for them so you can get backups! - after not getting extra Diorific Lady and the Madame Rougit hunt, i ordered at least 2 of everything LE this year - if i don't like it, somebody else will or i can return it and make someone's day

You are a smart cookie and will decide best for you :smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

I had this same debate with myself yesterday lol.  I decided to purchase a good chunk of the items i've been wanting with my 20% off code, and hold off on the other items until the next sale event this year.  I had a hard time accepting that I wouldnt get to use a promo code if I used the 20% off code, but reminded myself that using the discount code was the "smart" thing to do lol.

BeautyJunkie325

Happy Birthday!!!!!

I say go with B. I know we aren't sure that there will be the VIB sale this year, but it has happened for the last 2/3 years for sure so odds are there will be something.

TrysBeautyItems

Happy Birthday.

I have a cart full, and a 20% off, and a bunch of codes want to use, and can't decide either :smileytongue:

jellybean917

I'd say definitely not A. I think there would be a huge revolt if Sephora did not have a big sale of some sort next month.

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :smileyhappy:

upload_3289894979118008597.jpg

theramenlover

I would say that you should definitely purchase what you NEED right now with that 20% off coupon (I've got one too and this is what I'll be doing!) and because we're all beauty junkies here and addicts, I'm also going to be buying one thing that I've been wanting to try. Most of what I'm purchasing right now are basics that I'm running low on. I've been browsing to also purchase something a little big naughtier that I don't necessarily need but want, like the Hourglass Ambient Powder trio... :smileytongue: 

Like spedteacher74 said, there's usually a VIB sale in November and there's one in December as well. No idea if they'll be doing anything special for Rouges so the safest bet is to purchase only what you need now!

glossyguru

There are some upcoming sales for the holidays, so I would buy only a few things that you really really want this very second and use your 20% off, then wait to use the rest of your gift cards in November/December!

spedteacher74

Can't say for sure it will happen again this year, but at least the last two years, Sephora has run a VIB 20% off sale in November sometime around the first-second week.  If you have a store near you, they had an opening party with tote and samples in it.  I think it was online too, but the tote didn't come with samples?  In December they have run a promotion for $15 off $50 for BI and $20 of $50 for VIB around the first week in December.  Maybe if the sales are back this year, this can help you in your decisions.

ShinyMagpie

I would go with B. Just buy your most expensive thing right now and wait, or if you want something that's limited edition and might not be available later. Don't let those gift cards burn a hole in your pocket by spending them just because you have them.

Happy Birthday!!! :smileyhappy:

cake.jpg

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I only started to explore Sephora around this time last year, so I am not too familiar with what has been offered in the past. Thanks for the head's up!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • spoiledbrat
    • theramenlover
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • spedteacher74
    • mommyto4
    • Missie772