drrragon

July No Buy Alumni!

Hey all my No Buy BBFFs!  Or is that NBBBFFs? LOL!  Just curious now that it's August, how are you all doing?  I know some of us are waiting for the Aug 12-18 points event, and others plan to continue the no buy, and some will be going on insane shopping sprees.  What's everyone up to?

For myself, I already pulled the trigger on some LORAC clearance items that I just couldn't resist.  The mint edition set that came out at Ulta this spring and that I forced myself NOT to purchase back then showed up for only $17 on the LORAC site!  Then to go the whole hog I also picked up the Red Carpet Reveal set (hoping it's not too stale since this is an older item).  

swfupload_2859305726734807329.jpgswfupload_4668228096804213038.jpg

Londonlover101

Re: July No Buy Alumni!

@prospon your eyes look fabulous!

prosopon

Mission accomplished!

image.jpg

After 5 tries and two pairs of lashes I finally got a pair on that looked half-way decent.  I think it helped that this pair was more natual looking and a little shorter than most.

poshified

Half-way decent? I think you did a great job! Love your eye look, doll! :smileyhappy:

prosopon

Thank you! I really couldn't have done it so quickly without everyone's advice.

drrragon

Wow that looks great!  I thought it was a clip from a magazine photo at first!  :smileyvery-happy:  Well done prosopon!!!

prosopon

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much!

wendyomgwar

Ooooh it looks nice :smileyvery-happy: lol, I usually cut the lashes, even though the length fits my eye I just feel like it helps it look more natural, cut the longer lashes at the outside.

prosopon

Thanks!  This pair I did not have to cut, but it made me realize that maybe a slightly shorter length is what I need.

wendyomgwar

Which lashes did you use? They look so pretty :smileyhappy:!

prosopon

(0) Hearts

They are Salon Perfect (from Walmart) in #53.  I would definitely buy them again. They even come in a four pack for a very reasonable price. (Less than 9 dollars)

drrragon

[ Edited ]

hee heee heeeeee my Lorac goodies arrived today! *rubs hands in glee*  those lip glosses are so pretty to look at!  I didn't realize that zigzag stripe was shimmery....wonder how they did that??

I actually felt a little meh about the red carpet reveal set when I ordered it, but I am really loving it!  It's the perfect grab and go item for my business trips, all the colors are perfect for a conservative work environment and the dark brown shadow can double as a liner.  The tearose blush has some serious pigmentation.  It even came in its own little black case.

Yay! 

poshified

Lucky! Mine arrives tomorrow. I swear I'm going to tackle the UPS guy when I see him hahaha

wendyomgwar

That poor man :smileywink:

poshified

We're on a first name basis by now -- it's all good LOL

wendyomgwar

I didn't know where else to post this... *sigh* I have a real problem IMG_20130806_212553-1.jpg 

I just randomly found this box on my floor and opened it... I didn't even remember about all of these products >> the only thing I knew I had lost was the whish shave cream. I think its time for another no buy -.- hahaha I kid I kid. I still have the 4x points to shop through :smileytongue:

poshified

I'll give you a 5-day no buy! hahaha

wendyomgwar

Hey I totally did really good last month!! Until I went into Sephora... and I've already gone 7 days this month! The will of a.... hmm what was the expression that goes with this? Lol is it the will of a bull o.0 ANYWAYS :smileytongue:

poshified

I'm only giving you five days because that's when bonus points will put huge dents in our wallets! LOL

wendyomgwar

Ah touche my friend touche lol.

prosopon

Ooooooo! It is like Christmas in July....er, August!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 95 replies
  • 140 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • wendyomgwar
    • melissabt
    • drrragon