Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

So I've finally gotten sucked into Tom Ford and ordered Ben. Something about all the posts about other BTers getting gratis made me feel a little left out and wanted to see the hype.

I seriously love Tom Ford's perfumes but....I don't think I love the boys 😔 Well I expected the lippie to be small but....I feel a little crazy spending $35 on something so small. I get Tom Ford is a luxury brand but I wasn't really wowed by this lippie. I probably overhyped it in my mind (I don't see how a lippie could wow me at this point, I have wayyyyy too many to count lol) and thought it would be perfection. I think I need to play with it again but I'm not giving up hope. I want to try another, maybe one of the shimmery ones (suggestions 😊)I'll post a pic of me wearing Ben too.

I'm sorry the shade isn't working out for you. I had a similar experience with a Charlotte Tilbury shade that looked good on many but one's lip color played a role into how the shade pulled.I now use it to tame brighter shades.

I'm sure I read on Temptalia that the price per oz is cheaper with the "boys" compared to the full size lipsticks. I've been able to affordably add to my collection by buying TF lipsticks at the Cosmetic Company Outlet where they're sold at a discount.

@TraceyEB How much are they at the cosmetics company outlet. I have one near my house but I didn't know they had Tom ford. Mine is hit or miss. For a year they carried Mac Fix plus then one day they just didn't have any for the longest time so I haven't really been back to the store near my house in a long time

Hi @LWard930, Tom Ford items are fairly new to CCOs. The full size lipsticks have been in the $30s for the boys size in the high $20s. I think the discount is approx. 30% off the retail price. Because stock can fluctuate or stagnate at my CCO, I tend to call to see what they have in stock, asking for the names of the lipsticks, quads, blushes so I can decide if it's worth drive.

@LWard930 The ones at my location(s) are in the mid 30's for the lipsticks! I need to check it all out again soon since the one outlet mall has an Off Saks which has a giant makeup section (including tom ford, mac, bobbi brown, smashbox, estee lauder, bumble&bumble, etc) and theres a separate cosmetics company store which has all the same stuff! 

I would never think to look at a Saks off Fifth for cosmetics. Next time I see one, I'll be sure to stop in. Thanks for the head's up!

IMG_2506.JPG

Ben

Good to know; thanks! I have one coming in the mail tomorrow because I also had to try one after seeing everyone's posts, but I'm holding back on buying more until I see the size and try the formula. Glad I didn't impulse buy a bunch of new lipsticks.

@misscg

That is a bummer.  I was not impressed with the formula of Ben, Anderson, and Evan.  They were very different to the regular TF matte formulas, a bit flat and tugged on the skin.  Unfortunately you ended up with Ben.

Of the shimmery shades, you might try Ryan or Elliot.  Actually, get Drake (thanks Libellules).

LOL - you're welcome GC 😄

I was eyeing Ryan too but ordered Ben anyway. I want to love Ben but I don't think it's working out lol. 

@greenchilli that's a bummer about the mattes!

@misscg you may also enjoy Drake - he is one of my favorites.

Thank you -- I keep telling myself that I don't need to spend $35 on a mini!! No matter how awesome.

A swatch comparison of L&B Nicholas and Velvet Cherry (permanent matte)

Top - Velvet Cherry; bottom - Nicholas

20161130_104142-1 (Large).jpg

ooo interesting. velvet cherry looks a bit warmer? @greenchilli

@melde

Yes, I do think Velvet Cherry is just a smidgen warmer.

good to know, thank you 🙂 🙂

Humm now I am wondering if I should add Elliot to my 2016 boys. I got Ryan, Mitchell, Ben, Christopher, Nicolas and Travis. Hummmm decisions. It looks so lovely on everyone it seems...

Here are lip swatches of 6 new Lips and Boy on me.  I have pigmented lips (dark brown/two toned types).

Reference MAC shade - Mach 5.  Don't challenge me.

Elliot - a shimmery grey/purple

20161128_TF L&B Elliot2.jpg

Ryan

20161128_TF L&B Ryan.jpg

Mitchell

20161128_TF L&B Mitchell2.jpg

Jack

20161128_TF L&B Jack2016-2.jpg

Inigo

20161128_TF L&B Inigo.jpg

Nicholas (similar to TF Velvet Cherry)

20161128_TF L&B Nicholas.jpg

Oh my goodness, each shade look effortlessly gorgeous on you. (Jealous!)  Great picks!

Ahhh your smiley half face 😙 Jack looks especially dashing here.

18 Replies
testing