Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Oooh... SW on top and AG on the bottom?

Lachaton let me check on my laptop - on my phone they are side by side, lol

Desktop has top-bottom for me 😉 Is the skinny, more opaque one ( more pink) AG? I see shimmers in the thicker swatch.

Skinny is AG - on one side there is a faint light blue line where I was swatching eyeliner 😉

Can someone swatch KVD Bow n Arrow and Lolita on light warm skin? Or someone in similar tone to me? Any swatches are appreciated. I'd love lip swatches as well if it's not too much of a hassle. I just hope Bow n Arrow isn't too dark and brown since that's not what I'm looking for

@Melissa136 

I have two Lolitas that are definitely different colors so I swatched them both. I got the darker one in the mini duo with Lolita 2 and I think it's the more common shade for more recent purchases. The lighter one is a full size I purchased a year or more ago.

Top to bottom:

Lolita (dark)

Bow and Arrow

Lolita (lighter)

20160316_184300.jpg

The darker Lolita. I like the way it looks here, but I don't care for it much in person. I think it's darker and maybe cooler or more mauve/purple in person - it looks harsh overall on me...I think it would be more flattering on skintones darker than mine. I'm around an NC20 in MAC, NARS Finland, Armani Luminous Silk 4.  

20160316_185244.jpg

Bow n Arrow:

20160316_184842.jpg

I think that picture is closest to reality, but some of my pictures look a little darker and pinker like this

20160316_184746.jpg

And a full face with Bow n Arrow since I think it helps judge the color better:

20160316_184554.jpg

Thanks so much! I have Lolita (dark one), so I was hoping Bow n Arrow wasn't as dark as Lolita.

I do like it, when swatched it looks brown, but on the lips it looks like a neutral nude. I like the look of it on the lips, so I might get it!

I just tried bow and arrow but don't have lolita.  I wanted to comment that it swatches very different than it looks on.  Swatched on my skin (slightly warm, but different from yours most likely) it looks quite brown.  Wearing it, it looks slightly mauve in undertone.  

I'd be curious to hear if others have that happen.

I thought the same thing about Bow and Arrow. It swatches more brown on my skin but when I wear it, it's not as brown.

I can do swatches later when I get home if no one else has.

@kso1225 That would be great, thank you!

Anyone have any NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams they wouldn't mind swatching? I'll take any I can get, but most interested in the subtle shades and the reds. Thank you!!

I have some swatches. Hope this helps. At least a bit. Smiley Happy

NYX Lip Creams.JPG

And, here are some mattes just in case ( there are some great reds in this line, with Bloody Mary being one of my faves 😞

NYX Matte Lipsticks.JPG

Avoid the palest shades, those are chalky ( None in the photo. Well, maybe Hippie Chic. Not sure. Haven't worn it in a while. ) But, the rest of them are great!

You're the best! ❤️

I can't figure out how to link Youtube, but if you search BeautyWithEmilyFox and look in her Swatch playlist, she has lip swatches of all 30-something shades including the new releases 🙂  Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Quick question. Have any of you found that swatching on paper helps you make a purchase or not? Every time I go into sephora the lighting is really misleading, and when I take photos of swatches on my arm in the store, they look nothing like they do in real life. I had the idea of just taking paper with me today and swatching on that, and then look at the swatches in natural light. I know it's not going to give me an accurate representation on what it will look like on my face/lips, but just curious if anyone ever found paper swatches to be useful to you? Or completely useless since it doesn't look the same on your skin?

I've never thought to bring paper to the store to swatch.  I may try that next time.  I actually do paper watches of my nail polishes often to eliminate dupes.  I gather all the like shades and swatch them on the same paper to compare.  

i do paper swatches w/ my nail polishes too!! especially when i cant decide what color to paint! 😄

Hmm I guess it couldn't hurt. I'm going to prepare some sheets right now. I think I'll staple some wax paper over top so my lipstick swatches won't smear. Thanks for the push. I was also a little nervous of looking like I weirdo lol, but who cares!

Don't worry about looking weird.  If anyone looks at you funny it's probably because they wish they had thought of it themselves!

1 Reply
testing