Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

OMG I think ABH Peach Nectar is what I'm looking for. Also Oh Darling looks about the right depth. 

Thank you so so much!

I can do that for ya sometime soon 🙂

Thank you!!

I'm trying to decide if I need Oh Darling and then also find the perfect peachy highlight. I feel like there is a hole in my capsule collection.

Let me know if you still want swatches, I can do them this weekend. I also have KA candlelight 

Yes please! Realised Peach Nectar isn't going to work out. Do you happen to have Laura Mercier Indiscretion or Spellbound?  I would love to see all of them side by side. 

I have Indiscretion 🙂

I'll have a look at the ones I have this weekend and swatch them for you!

Unsolicited cream blush swatches! I think creams are perfect for the upcoming springtime, and wanted to share haha. 

Screen Shot 2016-01-27 at 2.49.15 PM.png

Names, from bottom to top, for anyone who is interested. 

Spoiler
Becca souffle in Papaya/Topaz, Becca soufflé in Watermelon/Moonstone, Too Faced Prim and Poppy, Too Faced Tea Rose, MUFE 330, MUFE 510, Kiko Rebel Bouncy Blush in Passion Red Wine, Kiko Bouncy Blush in peach Velvety Peach, and Benefit Majorette 

This is like the most gorgeous allergy skin test ever.

*swoon*  Cream blushes are my absolute favorites!  They really agree with my dry skin in any season.

I love the Becca shuffles and the MUFE blushes, too!  Never tried Kiko - what are your feelings on those?

I'm very fond of them and glad I got them during their sale. They are an odd texture, but closer to a cream than colourpop's formula. They blend really well and look pretty natural. My only complaint is that they don't stay on all day, like the Too Faced and MUFE ones do. I have to pack them on a little more or set them with a powder blush of a similar shade. 

8/10 would recommend 🙂

♥____♥

So pretty!  I looove cream blush!

Your arm looks like a sunset now!

I want to love cream blushes but when I've tried them, I feel like they either go on WAY too thick or they take my foundation off with them. How do you use them?

Elf Small Stipple Brush. I have three of them - 2 for cream blushes and 1 for cream highlights. It's a very light brush and won't disturb your foundation. Some of them are softer than others though. I don't know why that is. I have one that is AMAZING and one that is sharp. The other is in the middle. 

Cosign on the Elf small stipple brush.  I also have a larger stippling brush from the Sephora contour brush set, and it's divine.

http://www.sephora.com/flatter-yourself-contouring-brush-set-P384889?skuId=1564566

Yay - I have this brush and have NEVER used it (got it in a sub box). I bought one of the Becca Souffles but wasn't happy with various applications. Going to try this tomorrow... Thanks!

I know you didn't ask me but cream products are my jam.  One piece of advice is use your fingers and tap don't swipe to get the color on your skin than you sweep a bit to blend out.  

Snapchat-7268558433435877795.jpg

These are swatches from the new NYX releases at the behest of guzelkiz.  Top down: soft matte lip cre in Budapest, soft matte lip cream in Rome, then matte lipsticks Ultra Dare, Bare with Me, Up the Bass, Goal Digger, Dark Era, and Crazed. The last is a new formula called Full Throttle lipstick in the shade Con Artist and it's super matte compared to the Matte lipsticks. I hope these are helpful because I wasn't able to find swatches of these online or on YouTube and beware the colors in the tube in Ulta's pictures are really different for some.

Anonymous Insider

Goal Digger, Dark Era, Crazed, and Con Artist were my favorites. I think you came out pretty accurate, crazed is hard to photo... it is slightly rusty in comparison to Con Artist (clay brick red).

Yeah that's a perfect description. I didn't attempt to describe them because most likely I'd say the opposite. How do you feel about the new lipstick formula?

Anonymous Insider

I like the waterproof formula, it made a nicer swatch than the mattes. Since the shades are similar to a lot of the high voltage and the bullets are around the same, I would not be surprised in the slightest if the reason Nyx has been giving away High Voltage has been to sunset the line. The only reason that would irritate me is that I have come to love Feline. That being said, overall I think the colors they have are very well chosen to what's trending. The bullet tip shape looks gimicky though.

I'm with Steph, can't wait for a 40% or a decent coupon and b1g1 50% sale to pick up my favorites. I'm passing on Ultra Dare though because I have a longer lasting lipstick clamshell of that color from MBA called Smoke Screen.

2 Replies
testing