Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Yes... Do you want to see it next to anything?

A lot of fair folks often ask about contour shades for pale skin. I was swatching and comparing some of mine recently, so why not leave some photos here, right? Hopefully they'll be helpful to my fair peeps out there. 🙂

Left to right: NYX Taupe, Sephora Tranquil, and MUFE M540 Gray Beige (Matte).

contour.JPG

These are all heavy swatches so you can see the colors better. All three of them are actually very light and very suitable for fair skin.

Left to right: MUFE, Sephora, NYX.

contour3.jpg

Top to bottom: NYX, Sephora, MUFE.

contour2.jpg

My personal fave is Sephora's Tranquil, because it is the coolest one. I am cool and pink, and this one is by far the best color I've found so far for moi. ( Thank you Sephora makeup artist who was chating with us on BT some time ago! I forgot your name, but you rulz! 😉 )

Before I got that one, I enjoyed the MUFE one pretty much, even though to me it's always looked kinda off on me. But it was the only thing that was working for me, so I stuck with it. It just doesn't compliment my skin tone well, imo. It looks warmer on me than what I like my contour to look like. That's all. I think this one would be great for neutral and warm folks.

I do not like the NYX one at all. The color, the formula, the wear... Nada.

I love tranquil!  A number of BTers recommended it to me and I absolutely adore it.  Oddly enough, it also works as a blush on me for off/unusual lipsticks (taupes, for example).

Thanks for the swatches! Do you happen to have UD naked 2 (from the Naked Basics palette) for comparison? That's what I've been using!

No, sorry, I don't have that one. But, if I remember it right, that is a nice contour color for fair folks, too. Maybe you could post a swatch of it here?

Anonymous Insider

Does anyone have both Tom Ford Naked Coral and Tom Ford Forbidden pink??? 

Anonymous Insider

I have forbidden pink. I can swatch tomorrow for you.

Anonymous Insider

I now have both...blame my impatience! They ended up being quite different (to our eyes, at least), so I'm happy with my decision. 

Anonymous Insider

I'd love to see that! I'd greatly appreciate  it ❤️ 

Does anybody have swatches of Bite LLLR # 12 yet? I know it was released early so I am contemplating buying it once it rereleases in a few days. 

I don't think the set of 12 has gone on sale yet.

The color itself was released early on the Sephora website I believe. 

Nope. Never released yet. The set of 12 is on Monday. Just 12 alone should be weds 🙂

Would love to see any of the new TF lips and boys, especially lip pics which are super helpful. I got four but don't want to try any until I'm sure I will like them.

thanks!

Also reposting from the TF thread. Here's Daniel, Joaquin, and Tony. I have Jake, Drake, and Eric arriving on Tuesday.

20151125_141957.jpg

20151125_142804.jpg

20151125_143734.jpg

Here are my three, reposting from the Tom Ford thread: Eddie, Demsey, Eric, in that order. I've also got Roman, Daniel, and Joaquin arriving next week.

FullSizeRender (49).jpg

FullSizeRender (50).jpg

FullSizeRender (51).jpg

Oh can't wait to see Roman and Daniel!! Thanks for the pics!

Anonymous Insider

I have swatches of some of the dusty rose/mauve liquid lipsticks. Heart

image.jpeg

I love you for posting this. Thank you!!

Anonymous Insider

❤️ forever since I've been looking for an alternative to soft spoken!

OMG they're all so beautiful!

2 Replies
testing