Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – CHAMPION REVEALED: Check out Community's favorite product!

TeamBIC_0-1709311651362.png

We’re kicking off March right by bringing back the BIC’s favorite beauty bracket challenge – Makeup Madness! 😉 For the fourth year in a row, we’re putting makeup-related categories to the test by asking Community members to pick their favorite between two every week. At the end of the bracket, we’ll know which makeup category will earn this year’s Community Champion crown. 👑

In past years, Mascara, Lipstick, and Eyeshadow have earned the honorable title of Makeup Madness winner. This year, we’re bringing eight fresh categories into the frenzy – we’ll reveal them slowly and keep a visual of the current bracket updated below! 

Cream Blush is the Makeup Madness Champion of 2024!Cream Blush is the Makeup Madness Champion of 2024!

To vote in Makeup Madness, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product within that category that you love! For example, the sparkle and shine queen @AlexBT might respond with, “Lip oil! One of my favorites is Dior Lip Glow Oil 20 Mahogany." 

On your marks … get set … go! New voting rounds begin on Fridays, and end the following Thursday at 2pm Pacific Time:

• ROUND 1 (3/1 – 3/7): Lip Oil (👑) vs. Tinted Lip Balm
  • ROUND 2 (3/8 – 3/14): Brushes (👑) vs. Sponges
  • ROUND 3 (3/15 – 3/21): Cream Blush (👑) vs. Contour Stick
  • ROUND 4 (3/22 – 3/28): Eyelash Curler (👑) vs. Eyeshadow Primer
  • ROUND 5 (3/29 – 4/4): Lip Oil (👑) vs. Brushes
  • ROUND 6 (4/5 – 4/11): Cream Blush (👑) vs. Eyelash Curler
  • FINAL ROUND (4/12 – 4/18): Lip Oil vs. Cream Blush (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/19): Cream Blush!

Hit “Reply” below to vote for your personal pick in this week’s makeup category match up and tag your favorite by using the “#” symbol! Don’t forget to check back in for each week’s results and to participate in the next round of voting. 😊

UPDATE 4/19/24: Thanks to everyone who voted in this year's Makeup Madness Challenge! Our 2024 champion is none other than Cream Blush, and lots of you tagged your favorites in the replies. 🧡 In honor of our winning category, here are the five top-tagged cream blushes of Makeup Madness 2024.

1. PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo 
  2. LYS Beauty Higher Standard Cream Glow Blush Sticks 
  3. Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush 
  4. MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush 
  5. Ami Colé Desert Date Cream Blush & Lip Multistick 

And just for fun, here's a look at some of the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – Round 1: Lip Oil vs. Tinted Lip Balm

I'm loving the March Madness brackets!!! 💛 

I'm going with tinted lip balm for the WIN! As someone who has bouts of dry skin, lip oils don't nourish as well as the balms. To me, the oils just feel like... I have oil on my lips. Lol. Also, I feel that the color payoff is greater with tinted lip balms.

I love Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow and of course the Innisfreeeeee!!

thumbnail.jpg

I love the Dior Addict lip balm @furbie ! I didn’t know innisfree had lip balms, I will definitely have to check them out!

@furbie  How did I not know about the innisfree?

Wow, these are so stunning! 🤩 @furbie 

Thank you @peculiarzmakeup 💜 

They are the best tinted lip balms I've ever tried within that price range. I see that they're mostly sold out on Sephora's site. Hopefully, new colors will be added soon. I'm almost out of the Rose Brick color.

MAC's Glow Play and their Squirt Plumping Gloss Stick are nice balms as well, but I tend to reach for the Innisfree over them constantly.

I want to try them now haha amazing 🫶💕 @furbie 

Ooh I haven't seen those tinted balms from Innisfree before @furbie they look good!  😍😍 You've got me very curious 😉

@CynthieLu Hopefully, they'll get more in stock soon. If not, I'll reorder my Rose Brick from Amazon and cross my fingers. Lol.

I'm crossing my fingers for you! 💘🤞

Do they leave a nice stain behind? @furbie 

The Dewy Tint doesn't leave a stain @CynthieLu, at least not on me.

Unrelated, but there are lip products I've purchased in the past that I didn't care much for, but that all changed once I started using a lip liner. It helped me love all the shades of my YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Balms by giving the product something to grab onto when I wanted a slightly more pigmented color.

Thank you for the feedback @furbie I was curious 😀🙏

Oooh that's really good to hear, lip liners to the rescue!

My vote is for lip oil @TeamBIC . No shock that my favorite is iNNBEAUTY PROJECT Glaze Lip Oil Piña Colada . Prior to trying that I have enjoyed using Ami Colé Hydrating Lip Treatment Oil Smitten ( actually reflecton). I wear lip oil to bed and my lips have never felt so moisturized in the morning.

@Loretta55  Great picks!!! 

Thank you very much @ather. Sephora needs to offer iNNBEAUTY PROJECT Glaze Lip Oil Piña Colada for purchase in stores.

Lip oil is really taking off in this challenge @danielledanielle 😃 I think it might take the win. 

@CynthieLu, seems so.  Although, I would argue some of these oils are more gloss like or stains in disguise, but since lip oils became a thing, there's been a rise in them in that everyone is coming up with one.

@TeamBIC @You got me hooked on Dior Lip Glow Oil Rosewood so it’s lip oil for me. 

Haus Labs PhD lip oils are the best. Love the lasting shine. 

I have to go with lip oil!! My favorite is the #Summer Fridays Lip Oil !!!

Yay, I wondered if we’d have this contest again! My vote this round: 

Tinted lip balm - especially the more pigmented ones. My faves are still the non-Astral shades of PAT McGRATH LABS Lip Fetish Noir Lip Balm , but I’ll also tag PAT McGRATH LABS Lip Fetish Divinyl Lip Shine and maybe cheat a bit by calling Gucci Sheer Lipstick a tinted balm. I know Gucci Hydrating Lip Balm also exists, but the sheer lipsticks are balmy comfy on my lips and more pigmented. 

Since oils are still super trendy right now, I expect them to win this round. But in my soul, tinted balms beat ‘em. Either way though, a lip product will definitely win this round and that’s all that matters to this lipstick queen. 😂❤️

10 Replies
testing