Meg82

Does heat impact too faced lip insurance?

I purchased too faced lip insurance a few days ago and I've been really disappointed by it.  Both lipstick and lip gloss still slide off my face.  I'm just wondering if it might be impacted by the heat.  It's been in the mid nineties with high humidity lately.  Could that be causing the less than stellar performance?

melissabt

Re: Does heat impact too faced lip insurance?

(0) Hearts

Hi Meg82,

It could definitely be the heat that's causing the lip product to not stay. Try using a long wearing concealer around and on the lips for more staying powder.

85.jpg

I also like to blot it and add a bit of translucent powder on top!

<3 Melissa
JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

sorry I meany sheer powder lol!

Meg82

lol, I figured.  Though I did have a moment of wondering if sheep powder was just a makeup thing I didn't know about yet.

JGSFLA

I live in Florida so I know about humidity lol! i find that some sheep powder on the lip after lipstick and before the gloss helps!

Meg82

(0) Hearts

You are not the first person to suggest that to me, perhaps I should actually do it!

starletta8

I agree with Janine.

Now, if you're like me and don't want to constantly be trying to match products, I have the most genius product for you: MUFE Lip Line Perfector:

http://www.sephora.com/lip-line-perfector-P292402?skuId=1354083

It's clear, so it matches everything!

Meg82

(0) Hearts

awesome! thank you!

janinebt

It is very possible. Have you been using lipliner with your products? I find that it helps a ton to keep lipstick and gloss on :smileyhappy:. I often will line my lips and then fill them in with a pencil. Following this I'll apply my lipstick and gloss. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Meg82

(0) Hearts

I haven't been using lipliner except when I wear red.  Should I just use a nude shade?  How do I figure out which one is a nude shade for me? (sorry, i'm still new to makeup)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • janinebt
    • starletta8
    • JGSFLA
    • Meg82
Photos1