Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|
Anonymous Insider

What is the most nourishing lip product you've used?

My lips are dealing with some serious wintertime blues, and they could use some help! Can you recommend any products that could help restore my lips and combat dryness/flaking? You can definitely tell they need help whenever I use a matte lipstick. Thanks! 

Re: What is the most nourishing lip product you've used?

The first lip treatment that I have ever used that prevents my lips from peeling is First Aid Beauty in a squeeze tube.  It has a bubble gum scent when first applied. 

I also like Aerin Rose Lip Conditioner.  It's luxurious.

Right now I don't want to stop using the FAB squeeze tube to give the Aerin a trial on it's own, but I will have to get around to that.

When my lips get painfully dry, I use plain old aquaphor! During the day, I really love the jack black lip balm, or the aerin rose lip conditioner! I layer the bite agave lip mask over them for extra protection.

I recently received the Tatcha Gold Camellia Nourishing Lip Balm as part of a set, and I find it to be very moisturizing without being sticky. I do have to use a lip brush to apply it, but it's worth the minor inconvenience since it works so well for me.

http://www.sephora.com/gold-camellia-nourishing-lip-balm-P404473

@Anonymous I have a few suggestions. 🙂

The NUXE Rêve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm is my absolute favorite. However, I just noticed that it is no longer on the Nuxe site, so it might be discontinued. Hopefully, that's not the case because it's such a great lip balm. You can still buy it at Birchbox, Amazon, and Ulta. I'd highly recommend grabbing it. Edit: it's back up on the Nuxe website and is on sale.

Spoiler
nuxe_ultranourisinglipbalm__900x900.jpg

I also like the Nuxe Lip Moisturizing Stick Rêve de Miel. It isn't as moisturizing as the other Nuxe one, though.

Spoiler
1460561299-fp-nuxe-reve-de-miel-stick-levres-face-ouvert-2015-01.png

Lastly, I like the Burt's Bees lip balms in Mango and Coconut & Pear. The Mango is the more moisturizing one. 

Spoiler
Lip_Balm_Mango.jpgLip_Balm_Coconut.jpg

Hope this helps! 

@Anonymous I keep forgetting to recommend this one: Dr. Dan's CortiBalm. It saved my lips when I was on Accutane. 

Spoiler
02small-280x280.jpg

I have this balm also, love it and the lotion too!

1. For dryness/flakiness I rub my toothbrush lightly on my lips after I brush my teeth every day for a frequent light exfoliation. Keeps down the flakes!

2. I'm a bit limited in lip products because of a beeswax allergy, but I love Herbivore's Lip Conditioner at night. I rub a bit in then put on a second layer to sit overnight,  and wake up with super soft lips! 

http://www.sephora.com/coco-rose-coconut-oil-lip-conditioner-P400209?skuId=1754563&icid2=products%20...

I've been using NUXE Reve de Miel lip balm this winter, and I'm in love. Before I tried this lip balm, my lips were dry, flaking, and cracking. All of the other lip balms I tried just weren't doing the trick. Even the Bite agave lip mask wasn't working for me.

Since I started using it, my lips are significantly softer, more moisturized, and they feel more nourished. The texture is a bit thick, so I put it on before bed and wear it overnight. I don't use it during the day, I prefer something lighter, but I do find I'm using much less lip balm during the day since I started using the NUXE overnight, and no more dryness or flaking!

I have to second @DaintyDiva's suggestion for the Dior Lip Glow Pomade! I've been using mine fairly often, and this is the first winter that I can remember that my lips aren't a complete catastrophe!

BITE BEAUTY LIP MASK. Have you tried this? Its the best $30 I've ever spent. I put it on before going to sleep and wake up with much softer lips. 

I also recently purchased the fresh lippies and they've been really effective too. 

I have HORRIBLY dry, crackly lips too. And I have a bad habit of picking at my lips. 

Lip scrubs will helps soften and slough off the hard/dry skin. The Glamglow one is effective but because I pick at my lips, some of it is peeled and some is chapped, so the peeled areas would burn. Im currently trying out the BITE one and its gentler but it really does feel soft. Its not as scrubby but it uses pineapple enzymes so even if you don't FEEL it being super scrubby, its still softening the skin. 

I haven't tried the new BITE lip balm so I can't speak to that. I have tried the Leniege lip mask and that didn't really do anything for me. It kind of just sat on my lip and when it was gone, it was gone. No effect. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • nuxe_ultranourisinglipbalm__900x900.jpg
  • 1460561299-fp-nuxe-reve-de-miel-stick-levres-face-ouvert-2015-01.png
  • Lip_Balm_Mango.jpg
  • Lip_Balm_Coconut.jpg
  • 02small-280x280.jpg
  • upload_8821138752534231881.jpg
  • s1782192-main-Lhero.jpg
  • upload_6398991664926109662.jpg
  • upload_7293110211741902385.jpg