Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

I'm one of those gals that are obsessed with fragrances and have about around 50 60 70 80 and still collecting...(if you want to call it that.) So I would like to know what are you wearing today?

I'm wearing Obsession...(hahaha kinda fits this thread, doesn't it? :D)

I've worn this before (and I still have it along with the...

I've worn this before (and I still have it along with the limited edition bottle)... I was okay and now I get a headache also. 😔

Re: What are you wearing, Fragrance edition!

*The* thing that sets me off (usually result in a noxious smell) is ambroxen.  Not sure if it is in Alien, though it is an amber, so it could be. Ambroxen is a cheap synthetic version of ambergris.  Also, the only ingredient in "Not a perfume" so if you have a Juliette has a gun discovery set, you can quickly find out if ambroxen sets you off.  I am on a perfume forum on facebook, and a couple of women there have spent thousands setting up to mix their own perfume.  One has answered "synthetics" time and time again.  Initially I found it annoying and thought it wasn't that simple.  For me, it was, as it turns out 😉

All that said, Alien does not set me off.

@GG84

From what I have read on other websites, you are not the only one getting headaches from Alien.

My money is on the Cashmeran Wood note.

@Vmaster

Very interesting, I just dived down a rabit hole I had no clue about.

I always come back to CdG's first perfume, there's nothing I've smelled like it

375x500.389

I agree, @pocketvenus . It's so beautiful! Can't get enough of it. I am wearing it today. 

I'm noticing a pattern in that the scents I seem to love the most include fig in their notes.

Today I wore TORY BURCH - Tory Burch Nuit Azur

Key notes: Fig, Freesia, Cedarwood Heart, Patchouli Heart

I absolutely love it, but wish it lasted a bit longer and had a stronger sillage.

@elise222, have you tried Diptyque's Philosykos or L'Artisan Parfumeur's Premier Figuier? They are both classic fig scents. I own the latter one, it's a versatile, easy, polished wear.

Thanks for the suggestions! I haven’t tried those, but I’m adding them to my list 🙂

Happy Friday everyone!

Santos de Cartier Concentrée

by Cartier

Top Notes:

Bergamot, Basil, Lavandin, Verbena

Heart Notes:

Geranium, Nutmeg, Chili pepper

Base Notes:

Patchouli, Sandalwood, Amber

375x500.38763.jpg

I was in the mood for something uplifting today, so I am wearing Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Blanc. 

Notes: Artemisia, Musk, White Tea

BVLGARI - Eau Parfumée Au Thé Blanc

Today the San Francisco East Bay "should be" in the 90s.

Dior Eau Sauvage 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

@Vmaster, not sure what you're referencing, but I like Eau Sauvage 🙂

@pocketvenus 90 F (32 Celcius). If you look at a map of the San Francisco bay, there is the area North of the bay (the North bay), East bay and South bay.

Yes, it is a great fragrance! I purchased it back in 2014, though I do wish I had the vintage. From what I read, it was created the same year I was born, which is interesting (and makes me feel old). 🙂

@VmasterI'm Canadian so I thought you meant 1990s ha ha!

It's like it was made for you 🙂

@pocketvenus  🙂  I totally understand your confusion. 

It sure does seem like it was made for me.

I’ve been using a sample of PHLUR - Hanami Eau de Parfum

This in no way gives a description of the scent - but it smells comforting to me. Like it would be worn by someone give a hug when I’m having a bad day.

I will say on initial spray, I hated it. But once it settles in and dries it’s lovely.

@elise222 I sampled this as well and agree it's hard to describe, but it just smelled 'creamy' to me.  that's all I could think of to describe it! Was very nice but didn't last long enough, maybe 2-3 hours.

@badgirl2 Yes! To me it’s sweet, but in a “grown up” way, as well as creamy. I wore it a second time and actually smelled some of the noted hazelnut within the creaminess.

Beaufort London's Vi et Armis today. I don't know why, I just felt like it. Once the BBQ meat thing passes, it's lovely.

Jubilation XXV

by Amouage

jubilationman_baseimage_200x600px.png

2 Replies
testing