lindissima

Looking For Matte Powder Eyeshadow in a True Green

(0) Hearts

I'm looking for a matte powder equivalent of the cream shadows Nars Nomad and Laura Mercier Sheherazade which are both true greens with flecks of gold or a gold cast to the green.

I don't want an acid green or a dark olive green, just a nice true green that looks like a green [like the color of green in hazel eyes], but is suitable for office wear. Some greens are just so dark they don't show up on the eye as a green color and some are too flamboyant looking for day wear.

Thanks!

ChicDabbler

Re: Looking For Matte Powder Eyeshadow in a True Green

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

It's hard to tell from swatches the exact shade of green, and most matte are cream, most powders have shimmer/glitter. I'm assuming you want a warm toned green (there's a Kat von D Trio if you want a cool dark green).

In this case, have you checked out MUFE Apple Green or illamasqua Pivot or Fledgling? I realize they look bright in the pan, but depending on your skintone and if you use a brush to just dab a bit on, tap it a couple of times, then apply, it can be pretty sheer. Bright colored powder shadows are rarely as intense as they seem in the pan if you use a fluffy brush (unless you use a primer or put white shadow underneath).

MAKE UP FOR EVER - EyeshadowIllamasqua - Powder Eye ShadowIllamasqua - Powder Eye Shadow

lindissima

Is this the Kat von D Trio? s1450162-main-hero.jpg

I hadn't thought of that one, so thank you for the suggestion! My Sephora doesn't carry Illamasqua so I'm not familiar with how it goes on, but the colors look vivid enough. Thanks for the MUFE suggestion, they also have a good range of greens in matte and I am familar with their line. I appreciate your tip about the difference between the pan look and how they go on!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yes that's the Trio. Only the middle one look matte. Bright colors tend to look brighter on lighter skintones and duller on darker skintones by itself, so you might want to swatch them yourself.

Definitely use a brush if you want to tone down bright colors, and you can dust a bit of neutral/nude sheer shadows over the top (most online swatches are done with finger or the sponge applicator). If you want to see what I mean, this is how the Urban Decay Graffiti looks on my eyelid when applied with a brush:

2012-12-03 23.42.14.jpg

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aafc_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-UrbanDecay-Site/Sites-UrbanDecayCatalog/default/v1360827251254/ProductImages/large/deluxeshadowbox/deluxeshadowbox_alt3.jpg

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • lindissima
    • ChicDabbler
Photos2
  • 2012-12-03 23.42.14.jpg
  • s1450162-main-hero.jpg