joeanne

It Cosmetics Tightline Mascara - Thoughts?

Does anyone use this? I've been looking at it for a while now but can't make up my mind. It seems like a great idea, but the reviews are kind of split down the middle, either you love it or you hate it.

Since the only reviews I really trust are from you lovelies here on BT,  does anyone have an opinion on this mascara?

Neubi

Re: It Cosmetics Tightline Mascara - Thoughts?

I recently purchased the waterproof tight line mascara from Ulta and I like it. I haven't quite figured out the tight line effect, but I like that every part of my lashes are defined.  I use the Marc Jacobs mascara over the tight line and it is beautiful and stays all day. 

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

Hi JoeAnne - I like the combo of the IT Cosmetic Tightliner/primer and Hello Lashes, I don't really find that the mascara alone does it for me, but together I can get a nice 'fan like' effect with nice separation and length - natural, but much better. I don't try to go too thick with my lashes because I'm always afraid of going to 'tarantula lashes' territory - and I Never have time enough to remove and redo. I have experienced some flaking, not sure why.

I've never tried anything else for tightlining, so I might not be the best person to give advice, but it didn't work for me, I keep saying I'll try it again, but it just hasn't happened yet.

Having said all of that - I do not think I'd purchase the Tightliner and Hello Lashes by themselves. I got them as part of a collection, so the value was quite good. I would purchase them in a collection in the future, but not by themselves at the full price.There are so many other mascaras out there, this is not my HG.  I'd be thrilled if they came out with a Waterproof option though - I'd try that for sure.

I do really like their Bye-Bye Under Eye Concealer, which is not just for the under eye area. I also really like the Bye-Bye Pores loose powder and their brushes are Amazing!! I usually purchase the kits from QVC and the brushes are included. 

I'm looking forward to trying more and more of the products from IT's ever expanding cosmetics line. I Really hope that Sephora will begin selling IT Cosmetics sometime soon. I think it's a great brand and I'm so annoyed that I missed out on a 'one time only' value on QVC the other night, which was for a set of 3 Lip Serums that I've not yet tried. :smileysad: Maybe someone's trying to save me from myself. :smileywink: I hope that helped some. Talk to you soon. :smileyhappy:

joeanne

I really wanted it for the tightlining effect but it doesn't seem like that is easy to achieve so I think I'll skip it. I do want to try more of the brand. I do wish Sephora carried It Cosmetics too because I'm spoiled and hate to pay for shipping!

Thanks for the info - I guess I may have to try and teach myself (once again) how to tightline for real!

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

I know what you mean about hating to pay for shipping. I used to order from QVC All the time - now I've been so spoiled by Rouge free shipping. It now makes me sick when I see something on Q that I really want because I think of how all the shipping charges add up - oh, woe is us. :smileywink:

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

First world problems. LOL

joeanne

It also makes it SOOO easy to order stuff anytime you feel like it!

BuxomBabe80

Are you aware Ulta carries IT Cosmetics? You can get free shipping on purchases over $50 and if you go through ebates, you can get cash back also. :smileyhappy:

joeanne

Thanks. Yes, I do order from Ulta, but I have to get a $50 shopping cart and there's really nothing else i need from there.

I do have a question though. I thought the Tightline mascara was an actual mascara but it seems like it's more of a primer? Does it actually coat the lashes at all? I'm not looking for a primer but if it's a natural looking mascara, I might still give it a go.

kssweetheart

The 'Tightline Mascara is kind of interesting. You can wear it alone or as a primer. With just the Tightline on it's own, you don't get a lot of volume or length - you really just get a little more definition and a little more length, and your lashes, of course, look a little darker - so I think it makes me look like I just have nicer, natural lashes - it doesn't make it look like I have mascara on. So it can be a nice option.

Maybe it's something  to think about in the future, especially if you see a collection that has the Tightline and Hello Lashes Mascara with other products - then it would be worth trying, imo. Or if you really wanted to order something else from Ulta, and needed to get to the $50.00 mark, maybe it would be worth throwing the Tightline in your cart. Hope that helped you out. :smileyhappy:

BuxomBabe80

I believe it's called a primer, but it's black, so yes it looks more like a natural looking mascara in my opinion. 

Yeah the $50 minimum for free shipping stinks when you don't need anything else. But I can always find a few things I want from Ulta. And with their buy one, get one half off or buy 2 get 2 free that they have a lot, I find it a fun way to try new things. 

joeanne

Thanks. I think I'll add it to my "maybe" list and see how I feel about it down the road. Or if a good special comes up!

BuxomBabe80

There is a waterproof version of the Tightline mascara!

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

There is? Where did you see it? I checked on IT's website last night but I didn't see it - did I just miss it? Thanks btw.

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

Just double checked. It's on Ulta's web site. They also have a GWP right now on IT Cosmetics. :smileyhappy:

BTW, does the "ks" in your username stand for Kansas?

missey1973

I have it and agree with the others, the tighlining did not work well for me. I do love their CC cream. I first got a sample at Ulta then ended up ordering from the IT website.. There are normally pretty good specials on there.

kristina3535

I have been using it for about a week. I agree that the tightlining effect is not really apparent, but I have trouble getting any product to adhere to my waterlines anyway. I do really like the teeny brush and the wispy look you get by using this solo. I don't do another mascara over it because that just feels like too much product to me.

bad823

I tried it! I got it to work well on my right eye for tightlining, but my left eye was a disaster. I'm trying to get my hands on the brow pencil, but it is always sold out, tried it in the store & it seemed pretty good.If I can snag a sample of the CC cream I would love to try it, everyone raves about it.

BuxomBabe80

I love the CC Cream!

BuxomBabe80

I love it! I find it allows me to get really close to the lash line and coat every lash. It's the perfect base for all my favorite mascaras. :smileyhappy:

czikimonkey

Yeah, I probably watched those same reviews and ran to get it the next day as my lashes are super skimpy. I like it, but I can't really see that it tight lines. For lashes I use the dior primer now, which I love, and theN I just try tight lining the old fashioned way, which I'm still perfecting. I'm glad I tried it but won't repurchase. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 33 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • kssweetheart
    • joeanne
    • Neubi
    • bad823
    • kimchikween