Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Unused gift card says 0 balance

Hello, my friend got me a $50 gift card for my birthday and I went ahead to apply it in the checkout and it says the gift card value is $0.00. I have never used this gift card before. Can someone help? 

Re: Unused gift card says 0 balance

This also just happened to me. I received a $25 gift card for my birthday April 4. I just peeled off the back and online checkout saying no balance. Called the number in the back and absolutely no help. How can Sephora not look up their own cards to see if they have been activated? Very annoyed. 

@Arcorner82 I'm sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM. 

I had a similar issue! I was given a $150 gift card for my birthday and when I went to use it the balance said 0. I reached out to support and they were rather unhelpful. They said the card had been used to place multiple online orders (none of which were mine) and there was nothing they could do. 😵💫😵💫

Hi @jordanwelchh Sorry to hear that! I'm sending you a PM. 

I purchased 2 gift cards ($25 each) for my nieces as an Easter gift. They went today to Sephora and were told there is zero balance. They still have a sticky part and even the approval receipt from the grocery store where I purchased. So embarrassing for me. I call the customer service and I was told they were used on April 2. But by who??? The sticky part, pin were stretched today. Who used it??? Anybody can help??? 

@natzer Sorry to hear that. I'm sending you a PM. 

same with me, I have two gift cards that had small amounts on hem, one was 25 dollars and the other was less i believe and when I tried to check out online, I kept getting the error message saying that the balance was zero dollars.

@AFSAUNA Oh no! I'm sending you a PM. 

and the gift cards were working previously, don't know why this happened all of a sudden

Bruh the same thing just happened to me. My card has 40$ in it from my birthday present... I barely tried to use it and it says 0$ balance. And I was the first person to open it so nobody else could have used it and it was for sure activated . I can't even use it anymore. I'm so mad and sad. Also bought it from albertsons ughhhhhh. This is ridiculous and disapointing and sad bc how do i even resolve that if it was bought at albertsons

Hi @brookiecookie50 Sorry to hear that! I'm sending you a PM. 

This happened to me also. I received a $25 gift card on Easter and I didnt even take it out of the packaging until April 14th. I tried to use it online at checkout and it told me it had a balance of $0.00 I am wondering how this is possible because the seal covering the number and pin was still intact when it was bought. 

Hi @Maddie12278,

I'm sorry about this! I'll send you a message shortly.

Best regards,

Laurie 

This exact same thing is happening to me and I'm so frustrated!!

I was given two $25 gift cards, which I tried to use this weekend at a store and was told they have $0 balance, which is not possible because we pealed the seal off right there at checkout. I assumed it was the employee's error, so I came home to try it on the Sephora website and I'm getting the same error message.

These gift cards were purchased at Albertsons one month ago, in March. I called the Sephora customer service line and received absolutely no help from the agent. I was told "it's not our responsibility to fix" and that I should try contacting Albertsons, but they'd probably send me back to them. She then told me to dispute the credit card charge. Like what?? Yeah, I'm gonna send my 70 year old mother on a wild goose chase trying to get this fixed??

I'm so frustrated by this response from Sephora. If this is a known issue, you need to fix it immediately. If these cards are easily scammable, then Sephora needs to change their gift card process. I can't believe this was the customer service response. What a ridiculous runaround.

Same thing happened to me! So upsetting 😞 I just received a $50 gift card for Easter and saved it to use at the Sephora sale. I go to check out at the store and they tell me my card has $0 and to call the number on the card to have it refunded. I then proceed to call the number and they tell me they can't do anything about it. What a scam!

@Esther256 I will send you a PM

I got a gift card $100 from work. I went into Sephora and they scratched off the back in store and told me my balance was zero. This seems to be a thing after reading all of the comments on here. I’m super sad about this. 

I had the same thing. Got a card as a gift and says zero balance. 

Hi @scfitzo I'm so sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM.

@Wongmommy I'm sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing