cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|
Anonymous Insider

Something fishy is going on - and I think it involves Sephora staff

Someone redeemed my birthday gift four days before my birthday. I went in the store yesterday to find out I could not redeem my gift. I logged into my account to find that someone had also bought some lip gel using my my Beauty Insider account in a town I have never been to in my life and did not even know where it was until I looked it up. My birthday gift was redeemed at my local store which makes me concerned that it is a staff member who is using my account. This literally makes my stomach sick that someone is accessing my information and has the gall to wait until my birthday month to start using my account. I just want to bring awareness to this and see if anyone else has or is experiencing it. 

The staff I spoke with yesterday told me that they do not have access to the accounts but I find it highly doubtful that anyone else would know where I shop and go during my birthday month to redeem my gift. 

Re: Something fishy is going on - and I think it involves Sephora staff

It happens for me the same exactly thing! not my family or even me was at USA, and yes the cashier ask for all that information since I didnt remeber my beauty code! 

@Anonymous I see that you have now been assisted with this by chat. 

Hi Femmefidele, I am so sorry for the confusion with your account. I will look into this and send you a message with more information.

In order for someone to redeem your birthday gift in-store, they would need to know the phone number or email address you used for your account. The likelihood of a Sephora staff member getting and recording that information while you made an earlier purchase to get your birthday gift is very very unlikely. Is there a friend or family remember that shops at Sephora that knows either the email of phone number you use for your account? It's more likely that something like that is behind this birthday gift being redeemed.

Anonymous Insider

No, the only person in my family who lives here is my mother, she does not know anything about my Beauty Insider account. I have redeemed my birthday gift at this location every year for the past three years. No one else has my email or phone number because I keep my this email private and the phone number I have on file with them is a number I haven't had in 4 years. I have never shopped here with a friend. It wouldn't be hard for staff to write down my email address after I make a purchase since that is usually how I identify my Beauty Insider account with them.

I'm sure keelybt will be helpful in getting to the bottom of this. Though if the number on file is one you no longer have, it's also entirely possible that someone else owns the number and redeemed the gift that way. Hope you're able to get it all sorted though!

Anonymous Insider

Thank you

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing