Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Credit Card Payment on Checkout?

I'm trying to understand why when I add the gift card to my order my total goes up with a "credit card payment" section added to it? The math doesn't add up!Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 9.26.27 AM.png

Re: Credit Card Payment on Checkout?

I'm also having the same problem. How can this be resolved?

Hi @SM885,

The "order total" represents the final price of all the products you are purchasing plus tax. The method of payment will not have any impact on the order total. It will remain the same whether or not a gift card is added.

The "gift card redeemed" line represents the amount being covered by the gift card, and the "credit card payment" line represents the remaining amount being covered by your credit card. Your card will only be charged the amount shown in the "credit card payment" line.

I apologize for any concern caused and hope this helps to clarify. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you!

Best,

Laurie  

Tags:

It's  now March 2024, and here I am - also seeking an explanation! While this does help, I have to say that this is a really absurd way to show my remaining amount owed. I'll take another look. I'm still not sure this is right. The company definitely has abandoned carts/sales due to this ODD display!

@DonnaMartin Sorry for any confusion. If you'd like me to look into this for you, you are welcome to send me a private message with a screenshot of your Order Totals section and I'll be happy to clarify! 

Thanks!! I was so confused since I'm placing a rather large order, Really helped me out!

This is also happening to me, and none of these replies are making it any easier to understand.  I know that the gift card amount is redeemed when applied, and the remaining balance for the product after applying the gift card will be charged to my debit/credit of choice upon check-out.  So the product amount is $40.00, minus my gift card balance of $19.79, plus tax $3.25, the remaining balance for me to pay out of my pocket is $23.46; this amount is represented as the "credit card balance" on my estimated total at check-out.  So why is my final check-out total $43.25, as if I am not applying the gift card after all?

The same this is happening to me, how do i remove the credit card payment

@cloudiatodman If your gift card does not cover the total completely, the remainder would need to be charged to a card. In the example in this post, you can see that the credit card payment was reduced by the amount of the gift card.

This is happening to me too. Why am i paying an additional $15.28?

@BriaMichelleOG If you are using a gift card, you will see the gift card amount redeemed and the remainder to go on your credit card of choice under credit card payment. 

Hi, this is happening to me too, how did you resolve it? 

HI @Erinkerr,

I'll send you a PM after looking into it.

Always,

Danee

Hi, I'm also experiencing this issue. How do I know how much will be charged to my card?

Hi @emariiiee,

If you entered a Gift Card at checkout, the balance on the Gift Card would be applied and the remaining balance would be charged to your debit/credit card that is provided at checkout. I'll send you a PM to further assist.

Always,

Danee

This same thing is happening to me as well!

Hi @Robbiesmom,

I'm sorry for the confusion! If you entered a Gift Card at checkout, the balance on the Gift Card would be applied and the remaining balance would be charged to your debit/credit card that is provided at checkout. I'll send you a PM to further assist.

Always,

Danee

This also happened to me, can you help me with this? it just does not make sense

Hi @Haileybp123,

Sorry for the misunderstanding! The gift card would cover the amount that it has on it. The remaining balance would be covered by your preferred credit/debit payment method. I'll send you a private message shortly to follow up. 

Best regards,

Laurie

Hi @lindseyeller,

I am so sorry to hear this. I will send you a PM to further assist you. Thank you! 

Best,
Rebecca

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos1
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 9.26.27 AM.png
testing