Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

YSL Love / Updates

Seeing threads for lots of other lovely brands, with my love for YSL growing, I found it only fitting to start a YSL Love / Updates thread (if I missed an existing one, please let me know)!

Please feel free to share any updates about the brand, reviews, YSL looks,  or general love you feel like sharing 🙂

Dangerous Seduction Couture Palette - Neiman Marcus Exclusive

NMC240Y_mz.jpg

Mon Paris - Nordstrom Exclusive

_13090600.jpg

New Vinyl Lip Creme14052360_536238183232026_500020802_n.jpg

Rouge Pur Couture Lipsticks - new releases to match Vinyl Creme

14027163_1611210672505711_832199408_n.jpg

HOLIDAY 2016 PREVIEW

original (10).jpg

Anonymous Insider

Re: YSL Love / Updates

Thanks for the photo and your observations!  I'm eager to pick up one or two from this line to supplement my YSL collection.

You're welcome! You should post here when you get them! This and 402 aren't really colors I usually wear, but I'm interested in 405 :). The formula is definitely long lasting.

Here is shade 412 Rose Mix if anyone was interested in it. I really like these. I hate lipstick and this is a very comfortable alternative. 

Photo on 8-9-16 at 1.38 PM #2.jpg

Wow!  That color makes your eyes stand out.  Really love it.  

Anonymous Insider

Great color on you @ShannonAlexis

❤️

Thank you dali! 🙂

I had an extra Nordstrom note that was going to expire so I broke down and purchased 409. I couldn't help it with everyone saying the formula was amazing - well at least that's my story (I'm a sucker for burgundy) I'm sticking to it ;). Thanks ladies for all the lovely swatches and reviews!

409 is the one I bought as well 🙂 I really like it! It leaves a really pretty stain, too. 

I can't wait to hear your thoughts!  I haven't seen the shade so I'm very curious!!!

Will do! I'm super excited especially since it sounds like it worked out well for lachaton as well - she's a good gauge for me 🙂

I finally got my video done for the YSL Vinyl Creams in 401 and 402 (that I got courtesy of YSL and Sephora...thank you!).

These are a little more lipstick like in look on, though the formula is more like past YSL products in feel.  The pigmentation and wear are amazing.

401 on me is a blue based pink red.

402 is a little less opaque, but still super pigmented and is a coral/orange red.  My favorite of the two though they're both lovely.

@k617 mentioned the applicator and it really makes a difference.  The end is pointed so you can use it as a liner; the middle part is flat.  Makes a huge (positive) difference in application.

They do stain (but wear well).  I didn't mind the scent but there is a light fruity one.  The shine is lovely!

Congrats on the gratis!  Love it!

I don't like  fruity lip product smells.  It is not sophisticated.

I need a hair or perfume gratis.

@wheeeee for what it's worth, the scent is pretty mellow. It reminds me of a raspberry candy my mother loves, rather than a middle school bath and body works bomb 😉

Anonymous Insider

Thanks for the video and snapshots!  I appreciate your review and find it helpful 😄

Here is 402:

top swatch just applied

middle blotted with a tissue

bottom after ~6 hours of wear!

266DF88B-1CD1-4BCA-8857-A6C112A9F885.jpg

The Colour

Although it looks like a cherry red in my photos, when first applied & blotted, it is a bright watermelon/coral red. Once the product wears off, it leaves behnd a more neutral, but still bright, red.

The Formula

I'm not a big gloss wearer but this applied like a non-sticky gloss. It applies sheer with one swipe but is easily buildable to full opacity. Was very slightly sticky on the lips but not a bothersome stickiness. I blow dried my hair after applying and had hair flying all over the place (including onto my lips and back on my face) and I saw no transfer. With red creamy products I find they usually transfer like crazy on my face but I had no issues with this!

As you can see from the top swatch it is SUPER glossy. Since I was just going to a bar I didn't want to look too over the top so I blotted the product lightly which left a less glossy finish.

The Applicator

This applicator is awesome for precision application. It's angled and has a chevron patter on one side. It picks up a very good amount of product on both sides so what I did was smear the glob in the middle of my lips, use the (less saturated) applicator tip to outline my lip, then build up the colour slowly with the same glob of product. Then I smear the back of the applicator in the middle of my lips again (since it also has a good amount of product). I'd say one dip gives you a good semi-opaque coverage of your lips. I dipped into the tube 2 times since my lips are quite large, and I was taking my sweet time perfecting the application. 

The Wear

The bottom swatch shows what the product looked like after ~6 hours of wear. This lasted through a number of drinks, charcuterie platter, fried chicken and gravy, ice cream, and fried Mars bar. As the night went on I was sure the product had worn off completely but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that while the glossiness had worn off, my lips were still visibly red. It looked like I had applied red lipstick 2-3 hours prior and blotted it. Just prior to taking off, it still looked good and if I rubbed my lips into the areas where it's faded the most (mainly on the inner portion of the lip where my mouth closes)  I was still able to 'fill in" those areas with the colour remaining on my lips.It could still pass off as red lipstick!

Overall I am super impressed with this product and will be looking for my next opportunity to test out 401. It is a lovely long lasting product and after wearing 402 I'm definitely considering picking up 407 and 409 as well. 

Thanks again, Sephora & YSL!

Anonymous Insider

I really like seeing the 6 hour wear photo.  Very useful.  I need to go through the entire evening without taking time to check the makeup, so this is very informative.  

Beautiful on you!  I'm debating getting other shades as well but haven't yet decided which.  These are so beautiful on!  And on you!

Thanks @meganlisa! I am holding off on purchasing more for now since I really don't wear glossy lips often, but would consider picking my wishlisted ones up during a sale 😄

Thanks for such a thorough review! I swatched 402 in-store yesterday and I love the colour. The long wear is a bonus...they stained my hand when I swatched them and were barely on my hand for a minute! Definitely going on my wishlist!

Yes @bonafide11! They stain very quickly, I had a swatch on my hand for maybe 10 seconds--the time it took for me to walk to a station in Sephora to wipe the product off my hand from the last swatch applied--and it left a noticeable stain that survived a couple of hand washes!

The blog "By Georgia Grace" put up full swatches and a review on her site. Burgundy Vibes looks tempting.. YSL-vinyl-cream-lip-stain-swatches-review-fall-2016-3.jpg

http://www.bygeorgiagrace.com/2016/08/ysl-vinyl-cream-lip-stain-fall-2016-swatches-review-all-shades...

1 Reply
testing