Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

I'm surprised. I just don't agree at all, obviously. But to each their own!

The quads are definitely worth swatching. I disagreed with her review on Lilac Dream as well - a very soft and beautiful quad.

Starry Night was the one quad I was sure I wanted when the preview pictures were first leaked.

After seeing swatches on IG, it did not wow me.  I think it's one I will have to see in person to decide.  

I think you're right though; she didn't like Lilac Dream either and that one's probably my favorite out of the 5 released.

Yes, totally agree with both of you. LD is lovely. 

I'm really impressed by the celestial in Starry Night, so I likely will end up grabbing it at some point 🙂 

Of course the dimension of the celestial is completely lost in her photos 😕

Sphinx....pretty...but not amazing.  Maybe I'm just irked at the smaller size/higher price?

I like it on me but feel it fades a little.  But it is pretty....

Might look really cool as a highlighter, or under a powder highlighter

Great review! Can't wait to grab some

Thanks!  It is pretty...and I might actually prefer the finish to the more metallic ones!

That might be skin tone based too.  Shades like this can disappear on my skin tone (too close in shade...).

i agree ..pretty but maybe not worth the big bucks if you expect full on opaque color that you see in the pot. And i do use my fingers, no time to get fancy here so i wish they would have kept the size of the jar same..anyway this did look nice on my lids just as a subtle wash of color but for $50 i dont want subtle lol..also had the ever so slight creasing as well.. this almost reminded me of the more shimmery of nars DI shadows when applied dried (like pasiphae)..for me, for now this is a pass..the SA did say they are permanent though..thanks for the review.

Oh and love the lip color on you, what is it? 

Gwenhwyfar gets credit for the lip!  As part of a trade she threw in a mini Jane Iredale lipstick in rio (just kissed).  I liked it...and with the eye shade...and so wore it for the video.  Lovely shade!

I have both of these and I originally was going to pass on disco dust because the stock photos made these two quads look really similar, but having seem them in person, they are similar but different enough that both were worth having.

OH copy.jpg

DD copy.jpg

Anonymous Insider

I have all 3 and they look VERY different on me (or at least I believe so), but it all depends on complexion I guess. I have to say HM and DD have similar tone (warm-ish, but very wearable even though I usually don't look good with warm shades), but OH is very very different. Personally, the 3rd shade in DD is something to die for...

haha, I have honeymoon also. I have a problem 😛 but these are all my kind of shades, so that's how I justified it to myself 🙂 they're all definitely shades from the same color family though, I think.

I picked up my first ever TF makeup purchase yesterday..spice.. I swatched all the colors including sphinx which was the only one sold out (holts yorkdale).

I decided to get platinum later since they are perm and I wasn't sure if I liked it on myself. I tried out sphinx as well and its very pretty but I found it tad shimmery when blended out and did have some fall out as it dried as well..the SA suggested to apply a base or foundation to even out the lids for better pigmentation to show through. Sphinx almost reminds me of mug pigment hologram/wild fire not same but something between those two. 

I didnt preorder the honeymoon quad because 1) Do not want to pay $10 shipping 2) they expected shipment in 4 weeks or more. I rather order with Nordstrom if this is the case. 

Also was informed that all TF prices are going up in March by $5-$10. 

More price increases!?! Thanks for that info, I got another of my favorite #13 Eye Blend brush. 

More price increases?? Boo!!

I love Spice - very wearable - I hope you like it as well!

I know and with Canadian prices Its worse!  I have already noticed other items on my love list go up..

Havent tried spice yet, will try it over the weekend but I already know I love it.

Yes NJ I actually sent her a text this morning! So I am hoping to hear from her soon..I wanted to swatch in store first which I got a chance to yesterday before I contacted her. 

I didn't pick up platinum, had a moment of confusion when the holts SA hinted it may not suit my skin tone too well and pull too cool hence look off/sickly on me..I recalled how much I once hated mac's satin taupe on me so I passed on platinum yesterday to research more lol..  any opinion on this one?

Yes please that would be wonderful from both of you coz it helps to see it on someone in similar skin tone range. 

I read somewhere that it was quite similar to maybelline tattoo shadow in bad to the bronze..which i used to wear non stop couple yrs ago until it dried up..i did look up comparison swatches on google and temptalia..they do look similar but platinum is slightly cooler I think. So i think since TF texture is so creamy i can potentially mix in a wee lil bit of spice to platinum to warm it up. I want to wear these as a wash of color for a fast look so im glad to hear it works for both you and dioraddict!

I will try Platinum and pm you with a picture if that will help you to decide. I liked to wear it alone to work and my friend commented it makes my eye pop/bright in a good way. I have big eyes so I worry if she says that lol...

Our SA is off until Tuesday so you will probably here from her when she is back or earlier 🙂

Awh thanks that would be nice.. i have big eyes too (plus dark circles and pigmented lids sigh) thats why I worry if they pop in a bad, punched in the eye way which can happen to me with some taupey and gray/silver colors. 

And thanks for letting me know she is off until tuesday coz otherwise I would have been waiting quite impatiently and wondering if I messed up the basic art of texting 😄

testing