Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

The Dyson Beauty Thread

I wanted to start a new thread as a place to share news and updates as well as tips & tricks about Dyson Beauty. After being so incredibly skeptical about any of the Dyson items based on the extremely high price point, I am a total convert after purchasing my Dyson Airwrap last year during the pre-holiday sale at Sephora. 

As someone who has mostly airdried my hair in the last few years, especially since COVID, I realized that part of the reason for that was because I’m always in a rush and I almost never have time to blowdry, then heat style my hair because of how long it took. I also absolute hated the smell of my hair after using curling wands/irons/straighteners, even on low heat, my hair would get that burning kind of smell. I had a friend give rave reviews about the Dyson Airwrap, so I decided to purchase when it was on the 20% off sale. I’ve found that I can have fully styled hair in about 40 minutes from wet to dry, and the style lasts for me about a week (depending on which styling products I use). 

This has made the Airwrap a great value for me and I find I’m happier with my hair, it actually feels softer and shinier when I use the Airwrap than when I airdry it. The one I have is the Dyson Limited Edition Airwrap Multi Styler in Ceramic Pop . I love that it has a dryer attachment and lots of other options and how healthy and soft my hair stays when using it. I haven't even used it to it's full potential (mostly I've just used the dryer attachment and the larger curling barrel), but I love it so much! See the spoiler below for some of my pics after styling with the Dyson Airwrap. 

Please share your thoughts on any of the Dyson products, questions, or news and announcements to share with the Community. And, please post your looks or tips and tricks for getting the best deal, and for getting the most out of the Dyson products. I’ll update this post soon with some curated information and tips & tricks that may be helpful to the community!

As always, if there’s another thread for Dyson already, just let me know and I’ll redirect there! 

dyson sephora page.jpg

My Dyson!

IMG_5591.JPEG

Here's a few looks of my hair after styling with the airwrap:

Spoiler
IMG_9069.JPEG  IMG_0593.JPEG IMG_0193.JPEG

Re: The Dyson Beauty Thread

After seven years my Dyson Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer died.  I would say it was a great purchase, who gets 7 years out of a hair dryer?

Not me looking at the Dyson Airstrait™ Straightener because it was $100 off to find out that this is on its way...

1000004265.png

I don't know Nural means, but it's got scalp protection and auto off when it's lying down 😶

Dyson Supersonic Nural™ Hair Dryer 

OOH, I saw this teased on their instagram a while back and was wondering when it would come here. So interesting! @danielledanielle  

Actually, that's probably what kept me from getting hte pink & rose gold dryer, was thinking about this one coming out. And it matches my ceramic pop Airwrap! but I also would LOVE that rose gold. Hmmm.   @danielledanielle 

@sister13 Thank you for starting this thread! I am happy to hear the Airwap had made such a positive impact on you and has saved you time. I do have the Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer in the holiday edition. It is navy blue/copper. I do like it and it has worked well for me. It is just the cord and the heavy box attached to it that are not my favourite. As of late, I have been rreaching more for the Drybar Buttercup Blow-Dryer that was gifted by @TeamBIC. I find it a bit lighter and easier to use. I did try the airwrap a few times. I would like to give it another try. I have seen the Shark version at my local Costco on sale a few times. I have been considering trying it out. I have been watching tutorials on both brands. Decisions decisions.

Oh, good to hear your thoughts. Looks like the Shark dryer is on sale for $139 today, which seems like a really good deal. 

Shark Beauty Shark SpeedStyle RapidGloss Finisher and High-Velocity Dryer for Straight and Wavy Hair 

@Mellmars1185 

@sister13 What a wonderful deal! Thank youvfor letting me know. Have you seen the Shark version of the Airwrap? It looks promising 🦈

I haven’t but I’ve heard good things about it! @Mellmars1185 

Oddly, if you look at the brand page, it shows $179, but the product page is $139. @Mellmars1185 

@Mellmars1185, their navy blue and copper color pairing is such a beauty! 😍 There’s a classic elegance to the look. I hear ya about their cords. I would like to see them make their products with a retractable cord. Am curious to know if you decide to go for the Shark and how it performs for you. 

@itsfi Thanks! A retractable would be a great selling point.

I've had the Dyson Limited Edition Dyson Airwrap™ Multi-styler Complete Long in Ceramic Pink and Rose Gold for about 2 weeks now. I haven't tried all the attachments yet, but decided I wanted to do loose curls before heading out for dinner tonight. This is on freshly washed hair. Not so bad. Still a work in progress.
Hair Dyson.jpg

Products Used:

Tags:

@itsfi Your hair looks amazing (and long!) It sounds like you have a great routine here.  How long do you find the curls last?

Thank you @Mellmars1185! I’m working on growing it out … though I’m not sure why? 😆 I usually have 1-2 inches taken off but the last few times I’ve just had the ends cleaned up a smidge. 

• if I use the Dyson on just washed hair, I can get 2, maaaaybe 3 days, with the curls if I’m careful with my hair when I sleep, but  the curls do fall a bit and look more like a soft wave by end of day 2 and then just a bend to the hair by end of day 3. It could be though that I am not the most diligent about being careful with my hair / curls when I go to bed - I really should be more diligent about it.

• I’m finding it works best on me when I use it on Day 2 or Day 3 hair. The curls have more hold even at the end of the first day (compared to when used on freshly washed hair) - I can get to 3 days with the curls still noticeable (and looking like a curl (though less tight than the first day, of course, which makes sense). Day 4 begins to show signs that it’s loosening into more of a wave than a curl. 

@itsfi I hear you with growing your hair out. I have been doing the same thing with just cutting what needs to be cut to stay healthy. I kinda want to see how long it can. It is neat that you can have different kind of styles as the curls loosen up a bit. I find that a texture spray helps me on day one when my hair is clean to help hold the style.

Ahhhhh, using a texture spray is a great idea @Mellmars1185, thank you. I should remember to pull out my Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray 8.5 oz/ 300mL, love that stuff! ❤️ Have you tried Oribe Tres Set Structure Spray 10 oz/ 233.7 mL? I'm wondering if something like that would be good. 

Do you have an idea of how long you'd like to grow out your hair?

@itsfi Beleive it or not, I have still not opened my Oribe Mini Dry Texturizing Spray 2.2 oz/ 75 mL . I am almost done my Bumble and bumble Thickening Dryspun Volume Texture Spray - I really like it. I have not tried the Oribe Tres Set Structure Spray 10 oz/ 233.7 mL . If you try it, I would love to hear what you think. My Hairspray of choice is Living Proof Flex Shaping Hairspray . I like that it doesn't leave my hair feeling crunchy, while providing hold. It does have a strong scent to it. I don't know how long I want to grow my hair. I feel like it starts looking a bit off once the ends get thin and need a trim. I feel like my hair isn't going to get much long than it is. I kind of miss having a shorter cut. I will see what happens hehe. What about you???

I do like that Living Proof hair spray @Mellmars1185. If/when you have a chance to try the Oribe Dry Texturizer, I'd love to hear how it compares to the Bumble & Bumble. I've moved both my Oribe products next to my Dyson Airwrap - when I reach for the airwrap, they'll be right there - in my line of sight and within easy reach. 👍 

I don't think I'll grow it out too much longer, maybe another inch or two? If it gets too long, it starts to make my hair look weighed down and isn't flattering on me. I once grew my hair down to my waist, so that I could chop it off and donate it. 

@itsfi I think your look turned out fantastic!  I need to play with the other attachments more.  Might be a goal for this week to try and use the brushes.  I have to say... a big bonus for me is not needing to bring a separate dryer with me for travel.  

You've also got me thinking i need more layers cut into my hair... I'm loving how yours look!  

@missjeanie @sister13, I'm for pretty much anything that cuts down on the number of things I need to pack for travel. 🛄

One of the life lessons I have learned over the years is that long layers are a must for me 😉, especially when my hair is past my shoulders; otherwise, my hair weighs down ... everything, and that is not a good look on me. I'll try different lengths for my layers from time to time, but I've always gotten layers. The layers give my hair more movement at the length and ends. Highly recommend. 👍 

Oh, the brush attachments scare me, I must confess. Horribe incident with one of those brush / dryers back in the day when I was a young little Fi. Hair tangled all in it, tool dangling from the side of my head. 😱 I'm sure the Dyson is more user friendly, but memories of me grimacing as my mom tried to untangle it all (and not so gently either) makes me eye those attachments with trepidation. Even after all these years. 😧 That said, if either of you do or have used it, I'm all for tips and tricks. I'll keep notes and follow them once i've summoned up the courage to give it a go. 

Conversation Stats
  • 71 replies
  • 236 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos13
  • IMG_9069.JPEG
  • IMG_0593.JPEG
  • IMG_5591.JPEG
  • IMG_0193.JPEG
  • dyson sephora page.jpg
  • sister13_0-1711108717801.png
  • sister13_1-1711108936467.png
  • Hair Dyson.jpg
  • Note... this isn't me... only because I'm not sure how I feel about those types of photos being on the internet... but I wore a strikingly similar style to this one I found online.  Bonus marks if you can imagine the perm I insisted on in addition to this.
  • IMG_9849.jpeg
  • IMG_9848.jpeg
  • karen walker laughing.gif
  • 1000004265.png
testing