Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

The Dyson Beauty Thread

I wanted to start a new thread as a place to share news and updates as well as tips & tricks about Dyson Beauty. After being so incredibly skeptical about any of the Dyson items based on the extremely high price point, I am a total convert after purchasing my Dyson Airwrap last year during the pre-holiday sale at Sephora. 

As someone who has mostly airdried my hair in the last few years, especially since COVID, I realized that part of the reason for that was because I’m always in a rush and I almost never have time to blowdry, then heat style my hair because of how long it took. I also absolute hated the smell of my hair after using curling wands/irons/straighteners, even on low heat, my hair would get that burning kind of smell. I had a friend give rave reviews about the Dyson Airwrap, so I decided to purchase when it was on the 20% off sale. I’ve found that I can have fully styled hair in about 40 minutes from wet to dry, and the style lasts for me about a week (depending on which styling products I use). 

This has made the Airwrap a great value for me and I find I’m happier with my hair, it actually feels softer and shinier when I use the Airwrap than when I airdry it. The one I have is the Dyson Limited Edition Airwrap Multi Styler in Ceramic Pop . I love that it has a dryer attachment and lots of other options and how healthy and soft my hair stays when using it. I haven't even used it to it's full potential (mostly I've just used the dryer attachment and the larger curling barrel), but I love it so much! See the spoiler below for some of my pics after styling with the Dyson Airwrap. 

Please share your thoughts on any of the Dyson products, questions, or news and announcements to share with the Community. And, please post your looks or tips and tricks for getting the best deal, and for getting the most out of the Dyson products. I’ll update this post soon with some curated information and tips & tricks that may be helpful to the community!

As always, if there’s another thread for Dyson already, just let me know and I’ll redirect there! 

dyson sephora page.jpg

My Dyson!

IMG_5591.JPEG

Here's a few looks of my hair after styling with the airwrap:

Spoiler
IMG_9069.JPEG  IMG_0593.JPEG IMG_0193.JPEG

Re: The Dyson Beauty Thread

I was on the East Coast for a work trip and I styled my hair like I normally do - using the Dyson Limited Edition Airwrap Multi Styler in Ceramic Pop  + a styling spray that has worked well for me in the past, only it was a very rainy day. I was doing new headshots that day, so I took extra time to style my hair more carefully, when I usually just rush throught it. However, sadly, my waves started straightening almost immediately! I'm guessing it was the humidity, though I'll try again now that I'm back in Colorado and see whether there's any chance it was the styling spray I used or I can blame the humidity!

Anyone else had this issue - I'm just curious to hear and it may inform whether I bother packing it for humid climates!  My hair is also getting to that long, a bit unruly stage, so that might be part of it, along with the rain. Let me know!      

This Ceramic Pop Airwrap (blue/orange) and the Copper Supersonic dryer are on sale for $100 off today (3/22/24) - online and in-store Sephora and Sephora at Kohl's.  For some reason, it doesn't show on the brand page but it shows on the individual product pages. 

Fine print: Between 12:01am PT on 3/22/24 and 11:59pm PT on 3/22/24, select Dyson products, as identified, Limited Edition Airwrap Multi Styler in Ceramic Pop and Supersonic™ Hair Dryer in Copper, may be offered for $100 off.  Airwrap Multi Styler in Ceramic Pop will be available on sephora.com and  Supersonic™ Hair Dryer in Copper in Sephora US stores, Sephora inside Kohl’s stores, on sephora.com, and Kohls.com.  While supplies last, no rain checks will be provided. Not valid on previous purchases, packaging, taxes, shipping & handling charges, or on orders shipping outside the US. Return of discounted merchandise will be for the price actually paid. Cannot be combined with other promotional offers or rewards. Sephora may modify or cancel offer at any time.

sister13_0-1711108717801.png 

sister13_1-1711108936467.png

@sister13 , @shimmerbait just posted the Corrale is $200 off at Ulta for Diamond and Platinum 😮

OMG - I'm glad I didn't see this post a month ago or I might have been tempted!! @danielledanielle 

@sister13, the lockout protected your wallet 🤷🏽‍♀️🤣

Omg totally, I was actually thinking this as I caught up on the haul thread after being locked out most of the sale. I definitely would have been influenced to purchase some things! @danielledanielle 

I'll start by saying that I love my ceramic pop turquoise and orange version, but now I'm totally obsessed with the Pink and Rose Gold one. It's even tempting me to buy the dryer - it's so beautiful!

@sister13 that pink colorway is sooo lovely! They knocked it out of the park!

Ugh, I can’t keep looking at it, it’s so pretty! @makeitup305 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 71 replies
  • 236 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos13
  • IMG_9069.JPEG
  • IMG_0593.JPEG
  • IMG_5591.JPEG
  • IMG_0193.JPEG
  • dyson sephora page.jpg
  • sister13_0-1711108717801.png
  • sister13_1-1711108936467.png
  • Hair Dyson.jpg
  • Note... this isn't me... only because I'm not sure how I feel about those types of photos being on the internet... but I wore a strikingly similar style to this one I found online.  Bonus marks if you can imagine the perm I insisted on in addition to this.
  • IMG_9849.jpeg
  • IMG_9848.jpeg
  • karen walker laughing.gif
  • 1000004265.png
testing