Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

THE HAIR THREAD

a thread to talk about your hair goals / experiments / fails / wins / products etc. consider this a RANDOM THOUGHTS: HAIR thread 🙂

when i joined BT years ago, i was at the beginning phases of growing out a shaved head, after a decade of cropped pixie cuts and avant garde styles as well as defying my natural texture. my hair is past my shoulders now, and am fully immersed in this world of hair care and styling that i had been absent from for so long. 

this thread can be about anything. thoughts, questions, anecdotes that you feel like sharing but for whatever reason don't want to start an independent thread about. cheers !

Re: THE HAIR THREAD

@heartsmyface It looks amazing on you! 😍

Thanks girl!  😄 So begins the purple hair era!  I remember when things happen based on what colour my hair was at the time.  

OMG OMG OMG your hair!!! It looks amazing @heartsmyface!!! 

Heaaaaaaaarts!!!!  😍😍😍

I LOVE LOVE LOVE  your hair and you are as stunning as always! 

@heartsmyface

Heartsmyface wrote:

Thank you very much! @ElleElleG As much as the blue was nice faded out, I really love having vibrant hair again! 

@heartsmyface 

I know this isn't the final result but this purple is literal perfection! 

Thank you very much! @ElleElleG As much as the blue was nice faded out, I really love having vibrant hair again! 

@heartsmyface I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S PERFECT. 

@jemly ThNks:). I just woke up from an all day nap and freaked myself out by looking in the mirror.  

@heartsmyface Looking forward to seeing the pic!  You are such an important part of the community!

Goodbye blue hair.  It's been good but tomorrow is colour switch day! 🙂 IMG_1325.JPG

My hair has been going thru a really fun thinning phase lately. I had to radically change my diet over the past few months and it may be because of that. I've also gone thru stages like this before and it usually rights itself eventually. I'm also getting older and have to accept that I'll be going thru some age-related changes like this at some point as well. Anyway, all of that was to say that I don't think my usual flat ironed look has really been doing me any favors lately. I've started doing a combination of air drying and using a diffuser to wear my hair with its natural wave. (I have a love of long, stick straight hippie hair but I'm going to set it aside for the time being). 

IMG_5566.JPG

Your hair is so beautiful!  Embrace the wave, girl!  ❤️  @starsandbucks

@starsandbucks Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous all wavy and natural!  Your very alluring this way:)  

starsandbucks wrote:

My hair has been going thru a really fun thinning phase lately. I had to radically change my diet over the past few months and it may be because of that. I've also gone thru stages like this before and it usually rights itself eventually. I'm also getting older and have to accept that I'll be going thru some age-related changes like this at some point as well. Anyway, all of that was to say that I don't think my usual flat ironed look has really been doing me any favors lately. I've started doing a combination of air drying and using a diffuser to wear my hair with its natural wave. (I have a love of long, stick straight hippie hair but I'm going to set it aside for the time being). 

The more volume the better @starsandbucks! 😄 I LOVE that you've been able to get so much volume in your hair. What are you using? 

@Mcakes sorry I missed all these replies over the weekend! I am not adapting to the new layout as quickly as is hoped and I missed a bunch of posts. Seriously I barely do anything. I just wash it using either Aveda Brilliant or Nature's Gate Herbal Daily Cleanse Shampoo (they're pretty similar & both smell really, really nice.) Sometimes I'll force myself to use the Kiehl's Oil-Infused Smoothing Shampoo just to use it up but I seriously hate it (apologies if I said in this thread at one point that I liked it. It worked great the first 3 times or so, now it leaves my hair feeling dirty & grimy). I don't even use conditioner. Out of the shower I just put a couple pumps of oil in it and that's it. I let it air dry while I get dressed & put moisturizer on & then use my diffuser attachment to get the rest dry. I hate sea sprays because I can't stand the feeling of crunchy or dry hair. I may try to add some kind of curl cream to bring out the wave a little bit more. Now that it's so long it doesn't want to wave so much on its own.

i think you hair looks INCREDIBLE like this @starsandbucks !!!!!!!!!

Thank you @jemly ! You are basically #hairgoals so that means a lot coming from you! 😄

@starsandbucks I think your hair truly looks beautiful!  And your skin is radiant, too!  xoxo

@greeneyedgirl107 I just saw your reply! Thank you so much! Sorry for being a jerkface who takes so long to respond. This new layout has got me all upside down! 🙃

@starsandbucks Is this your natural wave? No frizz? Jealous! You look like a beach girl. 

If you find something to help with the thinning, please share/tag me. Post babies my hair is half what it once was. I had a ton of hair before, so it's ok - but I miss my ton of hair. 😞 

@fairlywell I'll definitely share with the board! About three or so years ago I was losing loads of hair when I started a new medication. I used the Peter Thomas Roth "Hair to Die For" and Alterna Root Stimulator. I thought they were both okay but didn't work miracles, which I wasn't really expecting but still kind of hoping. I'd still probably try them again though if this doesn't get any better in a few months.

testing