Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

FAVORITES: JUNE 2017 !

what were your favorite things this month ?

old rediscoveries, new discoveries. all the things that had your heart pitter pattering this june.

june17faves.jpg

• NARS velvet matte lip pencil duo, damned and walkyrie. did you guys know that these duos are available for $20 ?! pretty great if ya ask me. i was lucky because this duo of damned and walkyrie were available, which are 2 colors i'd really been wanting to try but just hadn't pulled the trigger ever. and i'm EXTRA lucky because i'm completely in love with both colors. bold in a way yet totally wearable for day to day. 
  • GIORGIO ARMANI eye & brow maestro, black, with accompanying brow brush. i use this on my brows. and it's been a game changer for me ! i can't compare it to something like Anastasia dip brow as i've never try that, but this is a thin silky consistency that doesn't smear (promise !). i'd been loving my NYX microbrow pencil, but was having real trouble with quality control (sometimes it would be dried up, sometimes it was broken, and i realized how much money i was spending on these...). i actually think i'll save money buy investing in this ! if you're looking to refresh your brow game--highly recommend this. there's a slight slight sheen (like real hair !) and the color range is great.
  • BOBBI BROWN eyeshadow, camel. the infamous ugly-yet-beautiful transition shade has been a real favorite for an all over wash of color. one and done. the formula is perfect too.
  • lip combo: RODIN lip liner 'billie on the bike' with UD x BASQUIAT lipstick 'exhibition'. the lip liner is a bit brighter than the lipstick, which i find makes for a brilliant match--they balance each other out. this lip combo dominated the first half of the month for me. 
  • DEVACURL 'heaven in hair' deep hydration treatment. this is probably my favorite hair mask i've ever used. it works. helps with frizz, helps with hydration. can be used quickly in the shower for a quick fix or worn for hours under a cap. i've done both ! 
  • ELIZABETH & JAMES dry shampoo 'nirvana bourbon'. this was a splurge, i was perfectly happy with my klorane. but the smelllllllllll. it's such a treat. some of you guys might've seen (i posted about it in the random thoughts thread) that i was having a deep Proustian nostalgia moment the first time i got my nose on nirvana bourbon--it smells of something i wore my first year in college. i needed MORE MORE MORE so i got the rollerball. not the longest lasting but still a pleasure. the dry shampoo works, too (there's a white residue but easily massages away).

swatches of the color stuff in the spoiler.

Spoiler
juneswatches.jpg
L-R: RODIN billie on the bike, UD exhibition, NARS walkyrie, NARS damned, BOBBI BROWN camel shadow

Re: FAVORITES: JUNE 2017 !

I really like the NARS Torrid liquid blush too @Mochapj.

@blackkitty2014 it's such a pretty shade, isn't it, BK? 🙂

I used a travel size of AmorePacific's Sun Cushion from the sun safety kit this month (thanks to @Karmatic for the trade!) and it's amazing. Leaves a bit of a cast but fine on my light skin and I always wear foundation on top anyway. It holds up really well, is a great base for makeup and most importantly I feel protected without reapplying during the day since it's a physical sunblock. The only downside is the price...it was 1/3rd full size and lasted between 1-2 weeks used on the face only, so a full size would probably be around a month 😞 Got more to sample before deciding if i'll bite the bullet and splurge on it, at least for the summer months.

store the product upside down and let gravity do it's job

@somegirl123 try flipping the cushion in the pan! the liquid in cushion compacts usually sink to the bottom. with cushion foundations, i'm able to flip the cushion back and forth 3-4 times to grab more product

@jemly Living Proof No Frizz Humidity Shield.  

I'm loving the Becca light chaser highlighter!

IMG_0371.JPGRecently I decided to purchase the Atelier Perfume

Wardrobe, to get a chance to try all the different scents! So far I'm loving it. My favorites are the Vanille Insensee, Pomelo Paradis, and Orange Sanguine! The set has a pretty good value that allows you to try all the scents before purchasing! It's also really nice to be able to take my favorites on the go with me in my bag. ❤️

This set is very appealing, they are perfect to keep in your purse and spritz later on during the day. 

Collections like this are so cute! I love the orange sanguine but it seems to last a couple of hours at most. Vanilla insensee on the other hand is not a favourite - not a fan of the strong incense but it stayed on even after a shower.

20170630_080654_resized_1-1.jpg

Some June faves! And Kirby! 😉

Spoiler

Chanel No 5 L'Eau: I can't do the OG No 5, but the L'Eau version is not as grand and aldehydic. It's great for early summer days and the office, and I have been reaching for it a lot.

Alpha H Liquid Gold: I am trying to use less acid and more sunscreen for the summer, so it's Liquid Gold instead of SR Good Genes in the evening. (No acid in the morning.) I like that tone + acid is one step now. Sometimes I only swipe Liquid Gold after cleansing and call it a day, and my skin stays nice and comfortable overnight.

Amore Pacific spray: I love the scent, and it is refreshing and ever so slightly moisturizing. My DS is being used up fast because I spray it a lot between skincare steps.

Atelier Cologne Cedrat Enivrant candle: it's lemony/woodsy/fresh and perfect for early summer. This scent is better in candle form imo. I am pleased I grabbed it during a Birchbox sale 🙂

Charlotte Tilbury PillowTalk lipstick: this is SUCH a good pink neutral.

RMS Vogue LE lip & cheek: I have been swiping it on a lot during the weekends as a light peachy rosy blush.

CNP Tone Up Protection Sun: this stuff is amazing! Like a better Invisiblur. It goes on smoother, thinner and more matte, it blurs better, offers more sun protection, and doesn't pile up. (CNP is a big name in Korean dermatology.)

Hi Kirby! @TriesToBoClassy

Kirby is my fave of these faves 😄

The AmorePacific spray is my favorite spray as well. I use up those so fast 😉 @TriesToBoClassy

@TriesToBoClassy would you pretty please swatch the lip & cheek and the NARS pencil from the Vogue box? They're still being sold separately and I think I really want the pencil.

Beautiful favorites!

20170630_141022.jpg20170630_141045.jpg

Here you go@shannonalexis ! NARS couple swipes, blended, then the RMS. First pic is indoor sunlight, second pic is indoors away from the sun. They are both very pretty- prettier than in my pics 😅

@TriesToBoClassy Thank you! That is very helpful!

June Faves!

19688410_10211481523731096_1647124979_o.jpg

Spoiler
-Colourpop palette - I have the iluvsarahii Chic-y palette, then I ripped out the insert and added in other shades from colourpop and other brands so i have my basic travel palette ready and compact for vacation
(in order L-R, top: distressed, ringer, gem (ABH), freckles, noche bottom: sateen (ABH), vivacious, say i do, soft brown (Mac), fawn (ABH))
-Colourpop Super Shock Shadows - the ones I've been loving for summer.  Hands down my fave shimmer shadows, such a great formula and the price is right (shades: reversible, lovely, birthday cake, one by one)
-Mac Extradimension Skin Finish in Beaming Blush - I loooove these highlights.  They are beaming, literally, but not powdery or glittery. This one reflects gold and is beautiful for summer.  I know it looks like hard-pan but you need a dense brush for these and this just happens to me with this formula, it still works great.
-Glamglow Glowstarter moisturizer - I love this stuff and scared I am going to want to purchase the expensive full-size (dupes welcome if you know of any).  I mix this with my foundation as per Samantha Ravndahls suggestion and its amazing for the flawless looking base.  I use this all over then spot conceal with Tarte shape tape and it looks so good.  
-Clinique Beyond Perfecting 2 in 1 foundation + concealer (shade in Alabaster) - I looove this stuff so much.  I use it to spot foundation? if thats a term.  When I don't  want something all over the skin because its hot I just put this where I need it and blend.  I also spot conceal with it.  Its such a great formula.  I use this all over the face in the winter because it is emollient.  In the summer it is too much for my skin all over the face since I sweat on my face easily.
-Loreal Brow Stylist pencil - been using these for over a year now, I go through these fast so I like these over the Brow Whiz due to cost.  These are very very similar and I like using this over dipbrow when I am in a hurry and want a bit more natural of a look. 

I've been eyeing almost everything in your list, especially the MAC Beaming Blush. Seriously swooning over that rn. Do you think a light-medium skin tone could wear it as a highlighter and not a blush topper?

Yes! I have a light skin tone and am pretty tan right now and I actually like it better on me while I am tan. It honestly doesn't look pink at all imo and on my skin.  It is basically a wet looking gold highlight.  I think light-medium skin would be able to wear this as a highlight no problem. @myumew

So much pretty colourpop! I think my favorite is Koosh, but Birthday Cake is beautiful too. So is that MAC Beaming Blush ❤️ I wish it would work for my skin tone.

You have a pretty color scheme to your favorites this month haha!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos27
  • june17faves.jpg
  • juneswatches.jpg
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
  • upload_3851649048306960237.jpg
  • IMG_7569.JPG
  • junefaves.jpg
  • 19688410_10211481523731096_1647124979_o.jpg
  • 20170630_080654_resized_1-1.jpg
  • IMG_0371.JPG