Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

FAVORITES: JUNE 2017 !

what were your favorite things this month ?

old rediscoveries, new discoveries. all the things that had your heart pitter pattering this june.

june17faves.jpg

• NARS velvet matte lip pencil duo, damned and walkyrie. did you guys know that these duos are available for $20 ?! pretty great if ya ask me. i was lucky because this duo of damned and walkyrie were available, which are 2 colors i'd really been wanting to try but just hadn't pulled the trigger ever. and i'm EXTRA lucky because i'm completely in love with both colors. bold in a way yet totally wearable for day to day. 
  • GIORGIO ARMANI eye & brow maestro, black, with accompanying brow brush. i use this on my brows. and it's been a game changer for me ! i can't compare it to something like Anastasia dip brow as i've never try that, but this is a thin silky consistency that doesn't smear (promise !). i'd been loving my NYX microbrow pencil, but was having real trouble with quality control (sometimes it would be dried up, sometimes it was broken, and i realized how much money i was spending on these...). i actually think i'll save money buy investing in this ! if you're looking to refresh your brow game--highly recommend this. there's a slight slight sheen (like real hair !) and the color range is great.
  • BOBBI BROWN eyeshadow, camel. the infamous ugly-yet-beautiful transition shade has been a real favorite for an all over wash of color. one and done. the formula is perfect too.
  • lip combo: RODIN lip liner 'billie on the bike' with UD x BASQUIAT lipstick 'exhibition'. the lip liner is a bit brighter than the lipstick, which i find makes for a brilliant match--they balance each other out. this lip combo dominated the first half of the month for me. 
  • DEVACURL 'heaven in hair' deep hydration treatment. this is probably my favorite hair mask i've ever used. it works. helps with frizz, helps with hydration. can be used quickly in the shower for a quick fix or worn for hours under a cap. i've done both ! 
  • ELIZABETH & JAMES dry shampoo 'nirvana bourbon'. this was a splurge, i was perfectly happy with my klorane. but the smelllllllllll. it's such a treat. some of you guys might've seen (i posted about it in the random thoughts thread) that i was having a deep Proustian nostalgia moment the first time i got my nose on nirvana bourbon--it smells of something i wore my first year in college. i needed MORE MORE MORE so i got the rollerball. not the longest lasting but still a pleasure. the dry shampoo works, too (there's a white residue but easily massages away).

swatches of the color stuff in the spoiler.

Spoiler
juneswatches.jpg
L-R: RODIN billie on the bike, UD exhibition, NARS walkyrie, NARS damned, BOBBI BROWN camel shadow

Re: FAVORITES: JUNE 2017 !

19895060_861161004033770_4055535836133954281_n.jpg

This is pretty big, but I've been using these products almost every day except when I switch up the perfume. I may have listed one or two products in past favorites but I'm not sure.

For reference I have light medium skin tone with yellow undertone. It depends on the products I use for skincare if that's going to oxidize my skin (like the DE day serum). 

My skin type is oily t zone and the rest is normal. 

Skincare :

Neogen Dermalogy Gauze Peeling Green Tea - I got this by mistake but it was a wonderful mistake. I use this two times out of the week but I think I read you can use it more. This exfoliates your skin with the gauze side and then there's the other soft side to use after you're done exfoliating. This leaves your skin feeling wonderfully soft and more importantly MOISTURIZED. You don't wash it off after you're done using it, my skin always feels soft, plump, and moisturized when I'm done using these pads. Even when I don't use it I've noticed my skin has been feeling more replenished and I feel this item has been one of the important skincare helpers that's helped achieve that.

Neogen Canadian Clay Pore Cleanser - I massage and leave this on my skin for around 5 minutes. My pores definitely feel cleansed, my skin looks and feels super clean. It is recommended twice a week, I usually do it on Wednesdays and either Saturday or Sunday. It does feel like your skin is super squeaky clean - almost stripped but this is an intense product, so if you have sensitive skin this might not work out. But for my skin type it works!

NUDE Perfect Cleanse oil - I love this product, I think I love the scent of it more, it smells like the Seaberry oil , I use it for my first cleanse to remove makeup, it's gentle but I think I like this mainly for its scent so I wouldn't recommend it for anything else. It's just one of those soothing to my senses products. 

Erborian Ginseng Milk - I love this product, it has a light scent and depending what products I use with it it leaves my skin feeling velvety soft! My skin feels well balanced when I use this item so I try to use it during the daytime only so I don't look like an oily mess during the day.

Skinfood Peach Sake Elmusion - If you're into the peach, get this, this product has also helped my skin not look too oily and the scent is just AMAZING! Not to mention, glass frosted bottle.

Fragrance:

diptyque Eau Plurielle - One of those perfumes that I bought at random because it mentioned having Neroli, not what I was expecting but it was a wonderful floral surprise, I love it, it's not overpowering and it lasts a very long time.

MoonRise Creek  Moon dance - This is aromatherapy oil blend, it is calming, and it reminds me of nature, like  being in a forest after it has rained with grey skies.

Atelier Cologne Clementine California - It has that citrus scent I adore, I might end up purchasing this product once it's done. 

Cosmetics -

Mary Kay Ultimate mascara - This has one of those perfect wand shapes that makes my eyelashes look great, I'm on the search for mascaras that have this wand, love the product, love the wand.

Sephora Brow builder grey brown - perfect for my kbeauty type looks, makes my brows look lighter and of course a bit more dense.

Essence  Make me brow - soft brown - Recommend this over Benefit. Wayless expensive and its nice, not the same brush but it does the job.

MAC Fix Plus - First time buying this, I love this product!!! It has the perfect nozzle.

@Blackwhiskey  I am so in love with AC Clementine California! Can't get enough of it! But, it is also a very special scent to me as it evokes beautiful childhood memories, summers at the seaside at granny's, when life was perfect and without a single worry in the world... Before the darkness came and swallowed us all. 

I got me a large bottle of it, and I drown myself in it daily! 😄

bump

IMG_9412.JPG

I've been extremely low maintenance this month, but here are the items I've been reaching for consistently.  

Beauty mug- I bought this off Amazon for around $15 and have been carrying it around with me everywhere.  It's my water mug.  

KEratase hair serum-  love love love this stuff!  My hair is especially dry at the ends where it's received the most color treatment and this camlouflages the damage and smells wonderful.  

Biore UV perfect sunscreen- best sunscreen I've ever used.  And I'm down to my last bottle from Japan which means I'll have to splurge and buy it online for more than the $6 price tag it's actually worth.  Seriously irritating.  $13-15 isn't the end of the world, but I know it doesn't cost that much and am bothered by it.  

Etude house any cushion peach spf 34- i have a stash of refills for these compacts.  It's the most natural face tint and makes me slightly dewy.  The spf is a bonus!  

Sephora spray on blush- seriously, it is so hard to mess this blush up.  And I don't need a brush to apply (they're all packed up anyway).  Perfect for on the go.  I do have to shelter my eyes with my hand on application cause I'm not such a great aim but the natural flush is worth it.  

Tarte opal- using this as my lip balm.  It gives a beautiful sheen and is super moisturizing.  It doesn't last long- maybe an hour, but I'm loving it.  I can see myself using it up this year. 

I'm also super excited about my new vanity room. i ant wait til it's unpacked and oraganized!!!  

I bought the Sephora spray blush for my daughter last year and I liked it so much that I have been meaning to buy one for myself ever since!

@heartsmyface lots of lovely things ! this picture instantly soothed me. i guess i really do need a getaway. 

@jemly We only have this place until the end of August which is a little bittersweet.  The water is very soothing to look at after a stressful day when I remember to do so.  I only wish I hadn't taken it for granted the last couple years.  

IM jealous  of your background 

That is a great photo! 

Love the photo , adding that Biore to a list of sunscreens I need to test.

Gorgeous photo!  I need to try that hair serum.  I keep growing my hair ever longer these days so it needs treatments!

Fragrances...big for me this month...mainstream....

1.  Ud Go naked perfume oil.  Like my love Bobbi B Beach but mixed with a lemon or lime orchard.  I love how the oil warms on my skin and has a sultry, salty smell.

2.  Guerlain Mon Guerlain.  This one just does it for me.  It is more classic Guerlain (I haven't loved some of their more recent...like past 20 years ...releases).

3.  Comme des Garcons Incense Avignon (Series 3...it's part of a series of incense based scents).  A little ethereal but still fresh.  That whole temple thing that brings out my Catholic Grandmother in me.

4.  Dolce & Gabbana Goddess and Guerlain Kiss Kiss balm in Chic pink.  Chanel in Boy.  There are other lipsticks out there and I own most of them.  I'm wearing these pinks...all but the first have a lot of sheer in them.

5.  Estee Lauder VB Modern Mercury and Kevyn Aucoin Neo highlighter in Sahara.  Two highlighters I almost didn't get but which I can't live without.  The undertones are perfect, the glow just enough to look ethereal but not obvious...a complete look almost for me (with bronzer, mascara and a lip sheer).

6.  Diorskin nude air luminizer in 002.  A gift from a BTer...and it is just the right amount of cool for the pink lips I've been favoring.

7.  Still on the pink theme...Tom Ford....Pink sand cream blush.  That touch of gold keeps my look from being too cool and pink.  

8.  Sunglasses.  I've been rediscovering my old Gucci from the Tom F days...which I had stashed away.  

9.  Tootsie rolls.  Bought 3 pounds of them because why not?

Mmmmmmmm....I love vanilla tootsie rolls! 

And now you've gone and made me curious about that UD go naked perfume oil.  

@heartsmyface Very very similar to the tom ford neroli portofino perfume 🙂

@Blackwhiskey SOLD! 

@heartsmyface I'm a sucker for "beachy" scents.  I seem to like them all...but this one is in an oil...which warms up so beautifully on the skin.  I really like it.

And the highlighter you gave me!!!!  Thanks again.

IMG_0005.JPG

June Favorites!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario- I've really been loving Lula for the crease lately and the other colors are so versatile. 

NARS Velvet Matte & Becca Backlight Priming Filter - These two mix really well and the combination is dewy while lasting all day on me.

Becca Prosecco Pop/Amaretto - The nude shade looks really beautiful paired with NARS Raquel.

NARS Audacious in Raquel - I kept reaching for this one this month. It's a really great peachy nude that goes with any eye look.

Urban Decay Optical Blurring brush - I didn't like this one when I first got it in December, but I've started using it to set my foundation with a bit of translucent powder and now I use it everyday.

MMM Replica Lipstick On - I finished the sample I had and bought a full size this month for my birthday. I love the dry down on this one.

I also need to use my Mario palette.  I've used it once since purchased.

Your post just reminded me I should use my Mario palette more 😄

135 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos27
  • june17faves.jpg
  • juneswatches.jpg
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
  • upload_3851649048306960237.jpg
  • IMG_7569.JPG
  • junefaves.jpg
  • 19688410_10211481523731096_1647124979_o.jpg