Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿงœโ€โ™€๏ธ Mermaids & Unicorns ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

I thought since a few BTer's like mermaids, unicorns, cute stuff, iridescent/holographic items... I'd start a thread so we could post all the products (beauty or not) that could fit this category.... even more enabling! hahahaha ๐Ÿ˜„

Share products you find that you think others might like....

Fairies-unicorn-mermaids.jpg

Re: Mermaids & Unicorns

another look at Tarte's brushes

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 5.19.28 PM.png

wow, that's bs... ๐Ÿ˜ž  poor form on tarte's part. 

I signed up for the preorder of the originals from the UK, no knock offs for me!  I think it stinks that big companies can rip off little artists who don't have the legal clout or money to fight it. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I'm on that list as well... TBH I prefer the bristles from Tarte then hers but I still want hers. Tarte should have seen that, contacted her and collabed with her... They collab with ___ youtube stars all the time... can't collab with a real artist??? SMDH.

@veronika23 I just saw this on Facebook and I was running over here to post it up. My first thought was the Mermaid thread would love this. My second though was I need it. My third was..."aww I've got to wait till 2017?!?!" 

@BrideSona Me too but I am upset that they copied the design of a small business in the UK.  She's only one person and everyone wants her brushes (coming in Oct.) and now this... I don't how how to feel honestly. I love these because of the blue and green brush bristles... ugh. disappointed though.

@veronika23

I though they looked similar. I don't like it when big companies rip off small businesses. I refuse to shop at Urban Outfitters because they do it CONSTANTLY. Maybe we can message Tarte? At least give the original girl credit/royalties. 

@BrideSona the girl who made the original is aware (that's where I saw it first) and some people seem to comment the same on social media... Good idea to write to them though... while I'm sure I'll just get this CS rep I'll send off a message.  I don't have IG so can't comment there but hopefully people will tell Tarte what they think... I'm pretty sure they purposely copied her brushes after seeing they hype online... it doesn't seem like a set Tarte would just come out with these.

ETA: Tarte is deleting comments on their FB page... people who post about the original unicorn brushes.

Tbf there's literally NO WAY Tarte as a giant makeup company could have gone through the bureaucratic approval process in the few weeks since the indie company announced their brushes. It takes months if not years for a corporate entity like Tarte to develop a product. They couldn't have copied the brushes in this amount of time even if they wanted to.

Also, the idea that UL "invented" this style of brushes is rather silly. I had the same ones from Claire's like a decade ago. I sympathize with the indie owner, but since she's releasing hers way before Tarte, I'm sure she'll still get lots of sales.

Just saw these on Pinterest.

IMG_20160820_191845_large.jpg

Link: https://jeminibeauty DOT com/products/jemini-brush-set

Unicorn bling for your teeth! I wonder if there is a grill too... ๐Ÿ˜„

photo-1.jpg

hahahahah!  I so wanted a diamond on my tooth forever! 

(secretly) Kinda still do! ;')

NOPE!

I'm disturbed on so many levels! ๐Ÿ˜„

Same here ๐Ÿ˜„

Saw this a long time ago and just came across it again... sadly I think it's in the UK only ๐Ÿ˜ž

unicorn-tears-gin-1.jpg

Haha this is so cute! My family owns a liquor store. I'm going to try to see if it is available in the US.

@Mcakes ever found out if you could get this?

It totally slipped my mind @veronika23, I will be back in the office Friday I will try to track this unicorn down ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks @Mcakes.! Curious to know if it is available in North America ๐Ÿ™‚

::Sigh:: I'm reading through this thread from the beginning (so many pretties!), and I looked this up. At the very least, Firebox doesn't mail alcohol to the US anymore...

testing