ambrose

Face wash for acne prone skin

(0) Hearts

I feel I am on the endless hunt for the perfect face wash. My face does get oily, and I ALWAYS have a pimple. I cant seem to have perfect skin for even a day without one of those buggers popping up. A few months ago I started with the Murad cleanser, then a sales rep recommended the Ren Mayblossom T-Zone Control Cleansing Gel. I still get an oily t-zone, and my acne has yet to calm down. I always break out around my chin, and forehead. I was looking into the Philosophy 30 day acne trial to try next. Any experiences with this product? Any other products you could suggest? 

polishlover10

Re: Face wash for acne prone skin

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Do not use a foaming cleanser.

Try Fresh Soy. It's amazing. 

missjr

(0) Hearts

Hi, Ambrose!

Clinique has a great facial cleanser, Liquid Facial Soap for oily skin.  It is one of the products in the 3-step cleansing system.  It's particularly great for the summer months.

Clinque Cleanser.jpg

You can also test the 3-step cleansing system by purchasing one of the travel-sized value sets before committing to it.  

Clinique set.jpg

Good luck!

cherrybombtastic

(0) Hearts

I use DERMAdoctor Ain't Misbehavin' AHA/BHA Cleanser. It's the only cleanser for me that doesn't dry out my face or leave it red. If you read the reviews, it's a good cleanser to use if you have hormonal breakouts, so if you mainly breakout on your jawline/chin, it's good to use. I also like that it's one of those under the radar brands. Sometimes, I don't trust global brands because they probably have a loyal following, so I don't really trust the reviews that much. Maybe it's just me. This cleanser also contains salicylic acid and glycolic acid, and it's different in that you have to apply it on dry skin and then, wash away with water. I think that makes a difference because it feels more like a treatment than a face wash. I hope this helps and good luck!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

The Murad cleanser seems to be everyone's go-to, but I find it incredibly drying. 

Here's an out-of-the-box suggestion for you: Shiseido The Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam:  http://www.sephora.com/pureness-deep-cleansing-foam-P173642?skuId=622555#BVRRWidgetID

I love Shiseido's skincare in general, and this is their line targeted towards oily and acne-prone skin.

miabt

Hi ambrose,

My personal go to is the Murad Clarifying Cleanser.  One of my favorite "features" of the cleanser, is the encapsulated salicylic acid that continually releases acne treatment properties for hours, even after rinsing.  I was having MAJOR adult acne & this has saved my skin! 

Murad - Clarifying Cleanser

http://www.sephora.com/clarifying-cleanser-P4016?skuId=654228

xo, Mia

ambrose

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the reply! :smileyhappy: I was on the Murad clarifying cleanser for a couple months. I didn't notice that much change in my skin. I was soon searching for a new cleanser. Would there be another good product that would be good for my situation?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • polishlover10
    • missjr
    • miabt
    • starletta8
    • ambrose