cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Sephora.com Site Issues

Hey BeautyTalkers,

We want to make sure you know that we are working to fix the site issues affecting Sephora.com for the past couple of weeks. Some of the fixes we are working to restore include 404 error messages and "All Brands" page access. While we work on these fixes, please try clearing your cache/cookies and updating your browsers for a better experience. 

We're starting to see improvements and are hoping everything will be working properly in a timely manner. If you see any issues please report them below. 

Thanks!
Katie

EDIT: Please include screenshots of the issues you're seeing if possible! It helps us out a lot 🙂 

Re: Sephora.com Site Issues

@eshoe I don't want to cause you more work. It just seemed it was happening to quite a few people. Whatever you decide to do is fine by me and I'll post wherever I can. Thanks for always being so receptive and helpful!

@ShortErica I think this problem actually helps solve another one! If we can ride it out this year-type reviews on notes, then post-and next year have quarterly threads by different frequent maskers...that would be 🤩👋!!!

@ShortErica The masking thread is the only one I've had issues on. Thanks for posting about it 🙂 

I post in other threads but more on the masking one. I'm curious if it's only impacting that one or others @CC3616. Hopefully it will get resolved! I enjoy reading about everyone's masks and don't want to miss them!

Hello @TeamBIC , I can't seem to tag products anymore? It just turns into text, like "KILIAN - Love, Don't be Shy"

Hey @TeamBIC, I just updated my iPhone to iOS 13.1.1 and ever since then, I haven't been able to access my notifications or write replies when I am accessing BIC via the Safari browser. When I click on anything it re-directs me to the Sephora app, but not even to the thread I was on so I have to search on the app to find the thread, then reply. All very time consuming. This is only on mobile; desktop is fine. I recall this happened a while ago too, but was fixed. Not sure if it's due to the new iOS update. Could you guys look into it?

I’m reporting this again @TeamBIC. I love posting here and helping people but when it takes me 18 attempts to answer a question and i’m Stil unable to, it’s not very enticing. This happens every single time I reply to anyone and I tag them and tag a product. I then have to figure out what words to delete in order to make the post go through. I couldn’t figure the below one out so I didn’t post a reply as 15 attempts is my last straw. 

31438400-B8D2-42E7-9286-ED74ED58C6FA.jpeg

@GG84 Same here, after like 4 tries I move on. So, so annoying. I just type out the names of products instead of tagging them, the recipient can decide to look them up or not 

@GG84  I get the same error message whenever I tag any products but I just hit the submit button and ignore the error message and it lets my post go through. It is annoying to have to hit submit twice after every reply though.

That's what I always get, and that's what I do, too. @gonerogue @GG84 

@SportyGirly125 @suzyo @sephoraaddict918 

I don’t see a preview option. I literally have to delete random words, throw in punctuation, add spaces, rinse, repeat, try again and hope it works. 

@GG84  @sephoraaddict918 

I don’t even hit preview, I just hit post again and it goes through (using safari on my MacBook)

@suzyo  - Anytime I have a product tagged in a post, I have to click it twice because it gives me an "html error message."  I just click again without any changes and it posts.  I use chrome.  I prefer to chat while on my laptop than on the mobile via Chrome or the app.  Just too cumbersome to find the threads.  

I am usually on Chrome @suzyo, but next time I'm going to try that and see if it works. Thanks! 

@suzyo that’s what I do too

@GG84 I don't know why, but when this issue happens to me, if I hit "Preview" then "Post," my comment goes through.

@KatieBT 

Anytime I go to reply to a post the below happens: E23C0251-491A-47D2-A227-A6D9BE51B602.jpeg

Nothing in my message is highlighted telling me what’s wrong. I leave it a few minutes and try again - same message. Then I end up having to delete random words and retype them and it works. 

@KatieBT  Hey, hope your doing well. I was curious if there is any update on the statuses such as rookie and such, since mine still has not been updated.

@KatieBT Since I got “Demoted” down to Rookie, I no longer get notified via email when I receive a private message or when someone mentions me. Are these issues related? 

@GG84 @KatieBT  - I think I've only gotten one message actually show up in my inbox on line and the rest never showed or didn't show until long after the fact.  Typically I received an email stating I had a pm, but sometimes I didn't.  That's been an ongoing issue for quite some time.  Also, I haven't received any notices by email that I've been tagged or someone replied to my comment in about 2 weeks.  The notices that I've been tagged or someone replied to my post hasn't shown up in my feed for months.  I think we should be able to get consistent notifications through the site instead of having to rely on email to be able to reply to someone.  Or answer a pm.

How is that people are able to post reviews without actually reviewing? This screenshot is taken from NARS - Wanted Eyeshadow Palette Mini

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 10.33.52 AM.png

testing