From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora

Monthly Favorites: January 2022 Edition!

GeorginaBT's January 2022 Favorites.png

You know what they say: new year, new skincare routine! 🤪 I celebrated the start of 2022 by cracking open a few products that have been sitting in my stash for a while, and I was happy to discover some that I could see quickly becoming holy grails. Whether they’re newfound finds or longtime faves, the Beauty Insider Community wants to know what beauty products you’ve been loving in January!

Here are my favorites for the month:

Hit the “Reply” button below and use the “#” symbol to let us know what skincare, makeup, hair care, or wellness products you’ve been reaching for most this month!

Re: Monthly Favorites: January 2022 Edition!

What a lovely set of favorites @GeorginaBT! That Sephora Collection cleanser is wonderful - some gel cleansers can be drying but not that one; I like how it leaves my skin cleansed and hydrated. 💗 My January favorites include a longtime love and a few newbies that will certainly become repeated repurchases.

January 2022 Favorites.jpg

Gucci Lunar New Year Rouge à Lèvres Voile Sheer Lipstick 203 Mildred Rosewood Gucci Sheer Lipstick 203 Mildred Rosewood  has been quite the popular beauty queen around here and for good reason!💖 The pretty, semi-sheer, lightly hydrating, plummy red, is beautifully packaged in a new limited edition case featuring lovely blue roses that give off a vintage, feminine and classic feel. This was part of an early Lunar New Year haul that I dug into well before the Lunar New Year, and I'm glad that I did. It was a go-to in January and I suspect it will be a lippie I will continue to reach for regularly throughout the year. Just a gorgeous color and formula.

iS Clinical Warming Honey Cleanser has been so, so, soooo good to my skin this winter. While I wish the warming effect was easier to come by and more prominent, the blend of green tea extracts and papaya enzymes gently exfoliates my skin and the magical combination of honey, royal jelly and propolis works to leave my skin feeling super hydrated, moisturized, bouncy and velvety smooth. This has been a beautifully nourishing second cleanser in the evening, and a nice go-to on those few occasions this winter when I've needed a morning cleanser. 

This is my second bottle of the LANEIGE Cream Skin Mist 2.54 oz/ 75 mL, the second of what I expect to be many bottles. I love that the cream-in-toner formula is in mist form (and a fine mist it is), making it easy and super convenient to apply as part of my skincare routine, after applying my makeup or just throughout the day to infuse my skin with a burst of moisture without making it feel heavy or feeling greasy.

I've not always been a fan of the foundation stick, finding them on more occasions than not to be too drying for my already dry skin. Westman Atelier Vital Skin Full Coverage Foundation and Concealer Stick Atelier II has been an exception in that regard for me. With rules changing up on mask wearing from time to time, I tend to keep my mug makeup free until about 10 minutes before my first video conference call of the day when I reach for the WA stick that sits on my desk or in the makeup bag in my purse. After misting my skin with the Laneige Cream Skin Mist, strategically place a few swipes of the WA foundation stick over parts of my face in need of evening out or covering up, and then blend, blend, blend with my fingers. It easy-peasy and gets the job done!

The throw from the NEST New York Driftwood & Chamomile Candle is like a warm, welcoming invitation to take in a deep breath, hold it for a split second, and then slowly let it all out, along with whatever else you're carrying. 💙 The scent is light and warm at the same time; it's clean, calming, comforting and relaxing. I often find that two of the notes in this candle, the sandalwood and vanilla, can be very prominent, overwhelming on occasion, but that is not the case here - they were both light and subtle and paired well with each other as well as with the slightly sweet floral note (probably the chamomile) that I would pick up periodically. It really conjures up and creates a soothing and relaxing air to any room - perfect for unwinding. Ahhhhh!

Spoiler
January 2022 Favorites - swatch.jpeg

Another few products I've been loving this month are the Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL my skin has been having some dry patches out of nowhere and it's insanely cold here right now (not to even mention the PILES of snow outside). It's been a god send for these midwestern winters, far too heavy for me in the spring/summer so this is a product I usually only get minis of in drunk elephant sets or as GWPs from ULTA and hoard them until the winter time rolls around. I discovered this in the early fall but I've been loving it particularly in the month of January. 

Something I've been reaching for recently as well is the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa ’62 Bum Bum Hair & Body Fragrance Mist 8.1 oz/ 240 mL I'm not usually much one for a body spray since I love my perfumes but I have been using it as a hair mist quite a bit and love getting a whiff of it throughout the day. 

...and I am three days late, @CookieGirl1! Not pictured is Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL.

jan.jpg

VOLUSPA Blackberry Rose Oud Tin Candle 6 oz/ 170 g (going to have to restock this one soon, already!

OLEHENRIKSEN Skin Barrier Strengthening Moisturizer with Peptides and Niacinamide 1.7 oz/ 50 mL - this gel-cream has a sweet lemonade scent, absorbs quickly and noticeably softens my skin's appearance. It is a great little wake-up for pre-makeup application.

Sol de Janeiro Mini Bom Dia Bright™ Visibly Brightening and Smoothing Body Cream with Vitamin C 2.5 ... - this scent makes me so happy. I hope to see it in more products from SDJ some day.

Glossier You Solid - I was going to repurchase the bottle, and saw this little cutie. It has a nice weight (like the Westman Atelier compact, but on a smaller scale). It is refillable, which I love. The scents seems to last longer on my wrists, another bonus.

stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow Fairy Tail - the perfect mid-lid glitter to complement the Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette.  

The candle!!! 😍😍😍 @eshoe 

The candle has one of the stronger scents I have noticed on a Voluspa candle, @lmaster.

@eshoe @Love your favorites for this month.  The Glossier perfume solid is so cute. 

Did you pick up the Glossier too @SportyGirly125? It is a good fit for the little beauty tray of the room. 

@eshoe No, I haven’t picked up the solid perfume. 

@eshoe That candle looks absolutely amazing. Haven't tried the Bom Dia but I've had my eye on it for a while since I love the OG bum bum cream. Some great picks 🙂

Thank you, @QueenMarceline 🤗

@eshoe Love these faves! I still haven't smelled SDJ's Bom Dia scent - will need to remember next time I'm in store. 😊 

Thank you, @GeorginaBT! The SDJ has soft, smokey vanilla undertones, if you enjoy that scent. A few years ago they had a LE body mist set and one of them matched this exactly. I have hoped since then that they would release more products in that scent, so this is a very special treat. I hope it sticks around for a little while!

@eshoe Pretty products in pink! Beautiful photo. I will keep these products in mind. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, @Mellmars1185. Sometimes it can be difficult to narrow it down. This month was one of them!

@eshoe You know, I've still never smelled Glossier You but I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and order it one of these days.

@CookieGirl1 do you wear solids at all? The scent itself is very, very soft. Pretty sure no one else can even detect it. I just love to check my wrists periodically and notice it, it’s a warm, kind of musky vanilla-ish scent that is pretty subtle. A quiet perfume, if there is such a thing😉

@eshoe I've never worn a solid; if I was going to try the fragrance I'd be much more likely to purchase the spray version.

Nice group of favorites, @eshoe ! 💖💖💖

Thank you, @Titian06! I love these threads, they help me evaluate my beauty habits ☺️

Yeah, I'm a day late now that it's February (and how is that possible?!) but last month I really liked:

Screenshot_20220201-092020_Instagram.jpg

-The CLINIQUE Cheek Pop Blush in the new Ruby pearl formula has such a nice color and finish!  

-Influenster sent me the Beautyblender 12-Hour Always on Radiant Skin Tint with Hyaluronic Acid & Niacinamide  and admittedly, I wasn't at all interested in trying it up until then.  Big surprise for me--I love it and reach for it more than my other foundations right now.

-Ariana Grande's Cloud Intense 2.0 smells very similar to the OG Cloud but I think it smells even better and I can see myself using up the bottle pretty quickly.

-If you haven't tried the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Warm Wishes Effortless Bronzer Sticks, they're lovely (if you can find a shade that works for you) and the It Cosmetics Love is the Foundation Brush is the perfect brush for blending it out effortlessly.

-Finally, I feel like a beauty newbie saying this but before this month I'd NEVER tried the Bobbi Brown Jumbo Vitamin Enriched Face Base Primer Moisturizer 3.38 oz/ 100 mL.  I've been missing out.  I've savoring this little deluxe sample size (thankfully a little goes a long way) and I WILL be investing in the full size.

Conversation Stats
Photos26
  • GeorginaBT's January 2022 Favorites.png
  • 39B48903-2F4C-499C-9CD2-27C6CC5A0260.jpeg
  • 77CB1499-CE4A-4BEF-A0A6-00BFDBF9458C.jpeg
  • 83CA22D2-182E-4CE6-A225-85792C66CC5D.jpeg
  • By Nature, hair mask
  • Bath&BodyWorks, strawberry pound cake body scrub
  • Ceteaphil, daily facial cleanser
  • CALA, rose water deep cleansing foam
  • Bath&BodyWorks, stress relief foambath
  • Elf, Jelly Pop set