Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: February 2021 Edition!

monthlyfavesFebruary.jpg

As we march toward the end of February (see what I did there?) it’s time to salute our favorite products of the month! You know the drill. 😉 This month, I set out to do a major purge of my beauty collection, given all the products I’ve accumulated while in quarantine, but instead ended up with a bunch of new goodies to add to my ever-growing stash. Does anyone else’s beauty shelves “magically” replenish themselves after a big clean-out sesh? I know it’s not just me… I’m always in good company here on the BIC!

Here are my February Favorites, including some newbies, some new-to-me BIC favorites, and some trusty shelter-in-place standbys:

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” sign to tag and share your own February Favorites. Makeup, Hair, Skincare, Fragrance, Wellness – anything goes!

Re: Monthly Favorites: February 2021 Edition!

@WinglessOne Love Paula Choice products. Great favs.

If only PC was coming to Sephora Canada. I really want to try the BHA products. Thank you for the info!! 

That mask is amazing, @WinglessOne!!

@WinglessOne As soon as I saw the eye mask I knew it was for you!

I swear, @WinglessOne, that eye mask was made for you!

@WinglessOne  Love that the eye mask is a fav for you!!! 

Palette envy @Samtian 😆

@lmaster Haha! You would create some amazing looks with this!

It's gorgeous!! @Samtian thank you 💋

What palette is that, @Samtian?

@CookieGirl1 That is Jordan Liberty's Dark Room. I have only tried 5 shades so far and they are amazing!

@Samtian I totally forgot about that palette! It looks a lot prettier in your photos than it did in any of the promos that I saw.

@CookieGirl1 Awe thank you!!

@Samtian  Omg I love the saie and lawless too!!!! 

@ather They are so good!

A while ago I was sent the Kate Somerville Liquid ExfoliKate® Triple Acid Resurfacing Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL as part of gratis; at the time I was really hesitant to use it because it seemed like anything I used was causing acne and just irritating my skin. Fast forward to this winter with the combination of very cold temps, dry air, and more mask wearing has caused my skin to have some breakouts, I decided it was time to try this bottle of Exfolikate that I had been saving. You guys. This is saving my skin! I use it a few times a week followed with a heavy application of my favourite cream and it’s making such a difference to the breakouts and overall texture of my skin. It’s a hero product for me now!

I have to give a shout-out to the bareMinerals Strength & Length Serum-Infused Mascara Extreme Black  because it holds up all day on my lashes without flaking or smudging. This formula really seems to work well for me and makes my lashes look long and amazing! 

My Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil Chocolate is such a staple product, even on days where I’m not wearing other makeup I still like to touch up my brows and this has been my go-to! I love the formula, the ease of applying this product, and how well it lasts throughout the day. This baby has lasted me so long! I’ve repurchased a new one for my birthday coming up and will continue to purchase this!

The Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush Bliss quickly became a favourite blush to use, this formula is highly pigmented and adds a gorgeous pop of colour to my complexion.

The  Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent has been a favourite for a while now, it controls shine and sets my makeup beautifully. I love this packaging as it is mess free and allows for the perfect amount of product to be dispensed. This one is on the pricy side but it lasts for so long and works very well so for me it’s worth it! 

DEBFC1B4-71D8-4B51-801D-A722BB4DA9A9.jpeg

@bakeamuffin Love your faves! I'm also a big fan of that Rare blush in the same shade. 🙂 

@bakeamuffin  Oooo I must try that mascara now!!

@bakeamuffin the Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent does seem to last forever!  It’s actually a pretty generous size, too.

It really does seem to last forever, @eshoe! I’m so surprised at how much I have left! 

I've been meaning to give those DDG Glow Pad For Body a try @AlexBT! I like the DDG peel pads for the face and it's really good to know the ones for the body are one of your favorites. February had a tried-and-true favorite and a couple of newbies that I foresee will be staples for me.

February 2021 FavoritesFebruary 2021 Favorites

Spoiler

Laneige Radian-C Cream is a refreshingly citrus scented gel-cream that I've been using for the last 5 weeks and it really lives up to its brightening and moisturizing claims. Despite its slightly thick consistency, it applies very smoothly and absorbs quickly. It’s not sticky or greasy and wears comfortably in the day and evening. I wear a lighter layer in the mornings because it can pill depending on which sunscreen I’m using. I’m more liberal with the amount I apply in the evening and it works beautifully overnight – my skin always looks well nourished, soft and smooth the next morning. What’s more, the redness from blemishes and the discoloration from my PIH dark spots are noticeably reduced and diminished. I wasn’t expecting to like this as much as I do and it’ll definitely be something I pick up during the spring sale, unless I run out before then.

Ellis Brooklyn Marvelous CBD Massage and Body Oil does an absolutely brilliant job of relieving and releasing tension that I find myself constantly holding in my neck and shoulders. Every time I apply it while working the muscles in those areas, they end up feeling more loose and free. Without fail, I get a lot more movement in those areas after using this oil. My neck feels less tight and my upper body doesn’t feel like it’s all scrunched up; it actually feels like I have some distance between my ears and shoulders. 😉 Would this be the case if I used another oil? All I can say is that I haven’t experienced these results with other oils I’ve used before. I started with a foil sample of the Ellis Brooklyn oil, then moved onto this roller ball and yep, you guessed it, at some point, the full size will be mine!

I didn’t really need to add another one to my ever growing collection, but I sure am glad I brought the Ere Perez Lip Honey (Crush) into the mix. The formula on this is exquisite; “lip honey” is the perfect way to describe it – it is lush and lightweight at the same time. It nourishes the lips while adding a soft, subtle shine, with a hint of color, in this case, a beautiful berry shade. This comes in two other colors (a pink and a nude), as well as a clear gloss. Not sure about the clear gloss, but it’s safe to say the other two will eventually join Crush on my vanity. 😉

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray is much loved by many, including myself. Since my hair is fine, I have to be careful to not overdo it with this one since the texture leans a bit gritty (it is a texturizer, after all), but with a few light (and strategically placed) spritzes of this beauty, I get instant oomph and lift at my crown and lengths. I also like this as a dry shampoo on 2- or 3-day old tresses. So thrilled that Oribe is now available at Sephora. Happy hair days!

February 2021 Favorites Swatches.jpeg

LANEIGE Radian-C Cream with Vitamin C 1.0 oz/ 30 mL 

Ellis Brooklyn Marvelous CBD Massage & Body Oil Rollerball 0.27 oz/ 8 mL 

Oribe Mini Dry Texturizing Spray 2.2 oz/ 75mL 

Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • monthlyfavesFebruary.jpg
  • AF15D52E-7865-4C7B-B3C8-2502512F7105.jpeg
  • C9A68B6A-3AEE-4FD1-A987-B65186AA423C.jpeg
  • A2B0C0DF-70AF-4386-ACC5-F34F779C596A.jpeg
  • February 2021 Favorites
  • February 2021 Favorites Swatches.jpeg
  • DEBFC1B4-71D8-4B51-801D-A722BB4DA9A9.jpeg
  • Feb Favorites.jpg
  • sugarfina.jpg
  • That COSRX bottle is empty: I just ran out, so I need to go open a new bottle now.
  • Why yes, I did rotate through all of these in February.
  • 20210227_162211~2.jpg
  • 20210227_162454~2.jpg
  • 20210227_162135~3.jpg
  • PXL_20210301_031012332~2.jpg
testing