cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

10/19 Weekly Wow!

Happy Tuesday BIC!!!

This week we have all your bases covered from color correcting to skincare sets.

Keep reading for an exclusive sneak peek and review of the Weekly Wow products that will be 50% off starting on Thursday, October 19th!

Tarte Tarteist™ PRO Glow Highlight & Contour Palette $45 to $22.50 tarte.JPG

You can’t see in the photo above but the black and gold packaging is beautiful and for a lack of a better words… Just feels nice! And we love that there are two mirrors on the inside flaps. This palette comes complete with six large pans, five pigmented powders and one creamy contour shade to create a glowing and chiseled look. You have both a powder and cream contour in case you like to set your cream contour with powder ir switch between the two. The highlight shades are great for all skintones with bronze, golden and champagne shades that beautifully shimmer. Made with natural ingredients like Amazonian Clay, vanilla extract, coconut, shea butter and mineral pigments to help improve the look and feel of your skin!

Smashbox Create & Transform Master Class Palette $65 to $32.50

If you have any movie lovers in your life than this is the palette for them! Inside the cute box that reminds me of a VHS tape are four magnetic "film strips" which are each different mini palettes within the set. This palette is complete with sixteen eye shadows (six are transformers), six lipsticks (3 transformers), two blushes, two cheek transformers, one contour, one bronzer and even a basic highlight shade. If you love neutrals this is for you, if you love shimmers this is for you, if you just need an all-in-one this is definitely for you!

smashboxKATIE.JPG

@KatieBT created her entire look using this palette. For her eyes she used the shade Vanilla as the base, Nude on her lid, and added So Spicy to her crease and lower lash line. She took her eye look to the next level by adding the transformer shade Filtered over her lid and used the shade Dial Up, a yellowish gold, for her inner corners. She used the contour and bronze shades to sculpt her face and added some color to her cheeks using Guava, Rosy, and Amp. She completed her look with a custom lip by using the shade Red Rage as the base with the Fiery Transformer on top.

Eyes: Base-NUDE, Crease-PLUM, Lid-SO SPICY. Lips: AUDITION and WITCHYEyes: Base-NUDE, Crease-PLUM, Lid-SO SPICY. Lips: AUDITION and WITCHY

For my look, I used the shade Nude as the base, with Plum on the crease, and So Spicy on my lid and lash line. For my lips I mixed Audition and Witchy to create glossy mauve.

Cover FX The Perfect Light Highlighting Palette $42 to $21

These highlighting palettes are available in both Light/Medium and Medium/Deep. Each palette comes with four highlighters two creams and two powders. @KatieBT and I both tested these out in our shades and both really loved the consistency of the formula. We also loved that you can pick between a powder or a cream, depending on your look! The powders can even be used to set your cream highlight for an all-day glow.

katierachelcoverfx.JPG

Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Correct + Conceal Palette $49 to $20

To be honest, I was extremely intimidated when I first saw this palette since I am still learning to highlight with concealer. This palette comes in two shades, light/medium and medium/dark. Each palette contains six cream color correcting shades and nine creamy concealers, to ensure you have a perfect match. Usually when palettes are created for “medium/dark” skintones, I find them to be way too light for my deep skintone, however this works surprisingly well on my coloring! I even think this palette would work for those with a darker complexion than mine! If you are like me and are a beginner to color correcting, than this palette is for you! It comes with a step-by-step guide on how to color correct, based on your skin concerns including redness, dark circles, hyper-pigmentation and dullness!

Light/MediumLight/MediumMedium/DeepMedium/Deep

Disclaimer: I'm still figuring this out 😛

Spoiler
colorcorrecting.JPG

Clinique’s Great Skin, Great Deal Set for Oily Combination Skin or Dry Combination Skin $27 to $13.50

I used the Dry Combination skin set and Katie tried out the Oil Combination… We both fell in love! I have pretty dry skin, except for my nose which can get oily as the day progresses. This is an easy, three-step kit that improved my skin’s texture and actually appeared to reduce the size of my pores. (YES!) My favorite part of this kit is the full size Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+, it absorbs quickly and keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day. Given my dry skin, I’ve never found a moisturizer that worked this well for me so this was a major game-changer for my skincare routine. Most importantly, these products make my skin feel balanced, helps with dry patches, and the oiliness of my nose is greatly reduced. It’s safe to say I will continue using these products in my daily skincare routine:)

Friendly reminder: deals go live this Thursday both in-stores and online! Be sure to snag these early since they may sell out fast.

Has anyone tried Sephora Collection’s color correcting palette? What are your thoughts?

Re: 10/19 Weekly Wow!

That Tarte palette is one of my to go to bronzer.....

RE: 10/19 Weekly Wow!

Highlight/contour palette on sale! Help, should I get Tarte or the Cover fx one? I’m light medium skin, neutral/warm undertone. Really appreciate any opinion thanks!

Ugh the deals are so good. I already own the Tarte. I love the contour products in the palette!

I haven’t been feeling the past couple of weeks. Wish there was more skincare.

Same! I’d splurge on some good skincare, the skincare they’ve been having isn’t all that great.

i mean, i had that color corrector, still do, but the col...

i mean, i had that color corrector, still do, but the colors i use hit pan. so idk. imma buy soon, maybe ill buy that. as for tarte... i personally dont preffer their eyeshadows. but they do look lit.

that color correcting is bomb! i wanna buy

that color correcting is bomb! i wanna buy

There's not really anything that interests me this go round. Which is a good thing...gives me a minute or two to save up for a Pat McGrath palette! Subliminal looks so good!

Slightly disappointed that the Tarte palette & smashbox p...

Slightly disappointed that the Tarte palette & smashbox palette which were already on sale last week will be the same for this week's wow.. at least my wallet can take a break this week!

You're selling that Smashbox set @KatieBT!! Very pretty - just may have to pick this one up now :).

Anonymous Insider

I like these weekly wow deals. So exciting to see what is on sale each week. This week the Tarte highlight and contour palette is tempting.

Nice but I'm gonna pass again this week! Saving my ducets for F&F.... is next week (10/26) the last weekly wow?

OMG I almost missed this post. So tempting but I'll have...

OMG I almost missed this post. So tempting but I'll have to pass this week too. I think. Do Weekly Wow work with the F&F 20%?

I'm jealous that you HAVE the F&F coupon!

I'm jealous that you HAVE the F&F coupon!

Re: OMG I almost missed this post. So tempting but I'll have...

@Lazybeautybeast does anyone know about how to get the  FF code?.. I've read somewhere online you actually have to know some one who works at sephora or have a family member who works at sephora  to get the code. Is this true if not can someone please tell me how one can go about getting the FF code? Thank You ~! 🙂

@mezzotown88- You have to get a code via email from a sephora employee.  Last year the mods gave some out to active members on BT.  I got one last year but not this year.  :'(  I started googling it to see if anyone was giving them out and I was able to find some.  I think I asked 4 people and 1 of them actually came through for me.  I think it was easier to get a code if you asked before October 9th.  I think you can still get one now if you ask but it may be difficult finding someone who is able to. 

I think different stores have different policies.  One person said that he couldn't send one because his manager required a list of email addresses prior to October 9th.  Another person made it clear that their store policy said it could be sent to anyone, whether you knew that person IRL or just through social media.  This is a crucial point because in the past people have been whining about what it means to be a friend and arguing that only *real* friends and family members should reap the benefits of the Employee Appreciation / Friends and Family sale.  I have no patience for that argument as you can tell.  0:-)

@itscarin @Lazybeautybeast Thank you so much for clarifying I think I'm going to call in my local store or stop by.. Thank You ! 🙂

@mezzotown88 and @Cookiegirl1. I'm very fortunate to have...

@mezzotown88 and @CookieGirl1. I'm very fortunate to have a family member who works for Sephora. She invited me to the event last Sunday. She is out of codes but I think my local store is having another event Saturday morning and might give out more. Maybe if you call your store and ask about the event? Or ask one of the mods/CS reps they could hook you up? I think its unfortunate that codes are hard to get.

Re: @mezzotown88 and @Cookiegirl1. I'm very fortunate to have...

I'm happy for you that you got one :).  Go treat yourself! 

yes! I was able to use my F&F coupon on the murad that wa...

yes! I was able to use my F&F coupon on the murad that was on weekly wow last week.
22 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • Light/Medium
  • Medium/Deep
  • Eyes: Base-NUDE, Crease-PLUM, Lid-SO SPICY. Lips: AUDITION and WITCHY
  • tarte.JPG
  • smashboxKATIE.JPG
  • katierachelcoverfx.JPG
  • colorcorrecting.JPG
testing