Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta Email Issues- discussion, questions, resolutions

This thread is for discussion and questions related to not receiving emails, Diamond promo codes, or help with website/app issues after contacting Ulta. Feel free to share your experiences, actions you've taken to receive help, how/where you contacted them (social media, alternate Ulta email addresses, etc.), your member level with Ulta, how long the issue has occurred, and if/how the issue was resolved. Don't hesitate to request codes you may not have received or offer codes you aren't able to use. (Sending them via private messages will prevent them from being scooped up by others.) Good luck and hang in there!

@KMart919 Ugh, that's horrible! If you already have any e...

@KMart919 Ugh, that's horrible! If you already have any emails to them about it, send a new message with strategic ALL CAPS asking for resolution. If not, start one with them since calling always involves explaining everything from the beginning while hoping to get someone motivated to help. Be patient & don't hesitate to ask how many perks they can send that you've missed. Good luck!

Re: @KMart919 Ugh, that's horrible! If you already have any e...

Today marks exactly 2 months since I’ve been reaching out to ulta to fix my email issues. It’s been 2.5 months since I’ve gotten email. Everyone claims to “fix” it, but then I never get an email. I’ve missed countless promos and sales, which I suppose is good since I’ve only spent like $200 since September due to the lack of promos available to me. There are a minimum of 20 documented emails and calls, plus additional tweets and FB posts with no resolution.

i was not going to requalify Rouge this year at Sephora, but heck, with the changes  to Sephora’s rewards I think I will.  Even though they’re not fantastic and I’m pretty sure free makeovers are going away I 2019 (I never used them but liked the option), ill probably pull the trigger and sleep on Ulta next year

Re: @KMart919 Ugh, that's horrible! If you already have any e...

I hear you @KMart919 so frustrating and I get the feeling that it won’t be fixed until they notice some of their good customers have stopped spending money there.  I’ve read that there might be an Ulta blacklist, but no idea if it’s true or not.  The day I had a package obliterated where every product was destroyed was the last day I got an email.  A few others think this was there same issue too.  

RE: Ulta Email Issues- discussion, questions, resolutions

I just got off the phone with an ULTA CS rep and she totally made my day!!!!! 😘 So grateful!!!! She probably thought I was a weirdo because I kept thanking her profusely and was so grateful for her being so understanding and doing such a great job of making me feel valued. Off to put some major mileage to my Ulta credit card...I recommend looking into their credit card...you accumulate points so much faster, it’s worth the hassle of paying an extra bill in my opinion🤓

@yuline That's great news! I'm glad you're squared away &...

@yuline That's great news! I'm glad you're squared away & I agree about their credit card. Quick way to tack up even more points.

I hit platinum back in May & stopped receiving emails from ulta. Ignored it for a while but I'm close to hitting diamond & want to get promos for 5 x point promos, etc. I started sending emails, did for a month with no results. called customer service twice, the 2nd time I called (the day of the 10x points promo, which I didn't get so they had to activate it for me) the csr sent me a email to change my password.[ I went as far as creating a new email account just for ulta. I did get some emails (congrats on plat! but no promos) ]but she said it wouldn't change it but yeah, it did 😒. Checked it today & got a email (my month end statement) so fingers crossed it's fixed. just don't know if a. her sending a email to change my password worked or b. a brand new email🤔 my birthday is next week so well see if I get that email I guess. Hope this helps & it makes sense!

Re: Ulta Email Issues- discussion, questions, resolutions

I was Platinum and always received promo emails. I recently hit Diamond for an in-store purchase. I got the “congrats, you’re Diamond” email with welcome kit code. But I wasn’t getting any other Diamond offer emails. I was still getting all the Platinum emails. My Ulta.com account showed me as Platinum and was missing lots of recent transactions. But all my in-store purchase receipts showed me as Diamond. 

Then I noticed I had 2 member IDs. One was tied to my Ulta.com account that showed as Platinum. The other is what all my in-store purchases were tied to, and it showed as Diamond. Both IDs used the same phone number, which is odd. I have no idea how I wound up with 2 member IDs... maybe a system glitch related to the Diamond rollout? I haven’t dug through all my old Ulta emails (the ones I haven’t deleted, anyway) to see when this ID split happened. 

Anyway, on Saturday I emailed Ulta via their online guest services form (ultaguestservices) and explained that I have 2 member IDs showing 2 different rewards levels, and asked if they can be merged so I can see the right info on my online account. Yesterday, Ulta Guest Services emailed me back to say they’d merged the 2 member IDs. I logged into my online account and now my original member ID (the one that was showing as Platinum) is Diamond, and it contains all my store transactions. Hooray! Hopefully I’ll start getting all the promo emails I’m supposed to now. We’ll see. 

I’m just happy this was taken care of so quickly. I was prepared to send screenshots of my account and emails, and photos of my Diamond-level store receipts, if necessary. 😄 But I didn’t have to. If any new Diamond folks notice similar problems, check your online account and your store receipts to see if the member IDs match. 

@WinglessOne Wow, that's not something I would have even...

@WinglessOne Wow, that's not something I would have even thought of if I was having issues. I'm glad they merged the two accounts so quickly instead of you having to break it down for them. Did you end up with more points between the two? Also, did you get today's email with the free Smashbox foundation as a Diamond gift? If not & you're interested I imagine they'd take care of it if you get in touch today.

Re: @WinglessOne Wow, that's not something I would have even...

Yep, I got today’s Smashbox freebie email. Looks like I’m finally getting all the Diamond emails. Before Ulta merged my IDs, my online account showed a very low points balance. Now that I have a single ID, my points balance is much higher. 😄 I don’t think I gained extra points... they must’ve added all my Diamond points to my Platinum points, or at least made sure I didn’t lose any points. 

I only noticed the different member ID numbers because I checked the bottom of a recent store receipt to make sure it said “Diamond” and listed a higher point balance than my online account. Then I logged back into my online account to check the point balance there, noticed the member ID on that page, and thought “huh, the last 3 digits are different from what I just saw on my receipt...” How odd. At least Ulta can quickly fix the problem, if anyone else has it. 

I have an Ulta code for $10 off Smashbox good through 8/11. Please message me if you can use it. (I'll be offline through late morning.)

I've updated this thread to include discussion and questions related to not receiving emails, Diamond promo codes, or help with website/app issues after contacting Ulta. Workarounds and suggestions would be appreciated! @tsavorite @KemoLove

Thank you! It's helpful reading through and seeing what's...

Thank you! It's helpful reading through and seeing what's worked and not for others. I've called twice and emailed about the missing emails and promos issue hoping for a fix. Hopefully 3rd times a charm.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I stopped receiving promo emails in early May. I've even placed online orders since then, and still didn't get promo emails. I haven't gotten multipliers in the app either, but I did receive my 20% off coupon in the snail mail . Last week I had a good experience in an Ulta store so I sent a compliment through the Ulta web site, and lo and behold I've gotten 3 promo emails since! I guess saying nice things about them got me back in their good graces lol.

lol, it only took a compliment. I've gotten a few damaged...

lol, it only took a compliment. I've gotten a few damaged products in boxes that have been roughly treated lately and felt like maybe they were disciplining me for "complaining"

🤔 And I thought I was being nice about it by only asking...

🤔 And I thought I was being nice about it by only asking for replacement or refund of the busted items, I cleaned off the remaining items.

RE: lol, it only took a compliment. I've gotten a few damaged...

Very interesting @alexalicious my last package was totaled and now I noticed that’s when I was removed from the email list. Hmmm.
Anonymous Insider

RE: Ulta Email Issues- discussion, questions, resolutions

Thank you so much for creating the discussion. I have a theory about why emails suddenly stop. It appears when a member is close to platinum or diamond the system gets confused and stops sending emails. I’m not sure if it’s because diamond is new this year and they don’t have stuff straight on the back end or what but it seems to be a trend.

Re: RE: Ulta Email Issues- discussion, questions, resolutions

This is exactly what happened to me. I'm amazed I even got a 20% coupon this last round, because I went from getting lots of multipliers and whatnot early in the year, to total radio silence about three months ago. Finally got one new offer in early June after two months of nothing.

I made platinum yesterday so I'm curious to see whether things pick up or not.

Thank you for opening this thread. 🙂 I haven't receive any e-mail either. So if there is anyone who doesn't use their code, I would appreciate it! 🙂 

@Gizzy8 Check the other threads here because people are s...

@Gizzy8 Check the other threads here because people are sharing them now. Good luck!

@Gizzy8 You're very welcome. If you're on Ulta's mailing...

@Gizzy8 You're very welcome. If you're on Ulta's mailing list & didn't receive a code, please share anything about how you've contacted them and/or what they've told you that might help others. I'm glad to see at least a few have been resolved. 🙂
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • giphy
testing