Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers

Incentavized Reviews

Let me start right off the back, most reviews I write are incentavized reviews. Meaning I get sent products and in return I post an honest review. I only ever post reviews for sent items, it's just generally my rule. I am starting to see comments and reviews rather upset at incentavized reviews because they feel they are dishonest, which I totally get. As a reviewer I try my hardest to put the most honest unbiased review I can. What can I do as a reviewer on Sephora to help unharden the opinion of these reviews? #sephora #incentive #reviews

Re: Incentavized Reviews

How did you get to do those kinds of reviews? I’m dying to. But also, I don’t always read them because they could be biased.

@EnieBeans @People get free products from Influenster. 

@Lau17 I do appreciate those who review products with swatches, how effective it is in its performance, like example for a foundation show a before (right after you finish your makeup) and an after (after your day show how it held up) and also pros and even cons🩷honestly I never filter out the incentivized reviews I appreciate any thought on a product and also people who include all the details (a long review) are usually the ones I read it honestly in my mind I think: this person actually thought about the products and tested it and and is showing how it worked🩷🩷🩷🩷

@Lau17, Details matter.  A great honest review includes details such as whether or not you'd purchase the item or how long you've tried it. For example, if you were reviewing a product with retinol in it and you've tried it for a month, I'd be more inclined to believe you versus if you say "I received this from _____, I tried it last night and it made my skin soooo glowy after one night"  Also recognize it's difficult to be completely unbiased when receiving something you didn't pay for, hence including as many specifics as you can in your incentivized review.  If it's a complexion or makeup product, include a real swatch or photo of you so others can see a non-company swatch. 

So as a reviewer, I am to use 3-4 weeks, because they usually only give us a month deadline. I guess I can be more vocal about how long I used it it too. Sometimes I feel a review can be too long, and I know I won't read too much into those. I understand the concern in truly being unbiased and can totally understand it, as well... In my ratings for example in the last month of items I was sent, 75% were 2-3 ratings. Just want to help as much as I can, because when I buy an item, I am heavy in research and reviews. 

@Lau17 , I only read “non-incentivized “ reviews. Before reading any reviews on Sephora I filter out the Incentivized reviews to get a more honest opinion.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing