Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Blue shampoo that lathers?

Looking for a blue shampoo (for blonde hair / highlights) that actually lathers, any recommendations?

Blue shampoo that lathers?

Not blue, but Amika bust your brass leathers well and is sulfate free (for all the unicorns and mermaids out there.)

Re: Blue shampoo that lathers?

I second this rec, even though it's purple! I have a silvery-beige-blonde and Amica Burst Your Brass keeps it so cool. 

Purple and blue pigemented shampoos don't do the same thing @Freyabell

Blue cancels orange while purple cancels yellow - in terms of blonde blue will leave you with a beige tone, purple with an ash.

@JMaks

3 words: Fanola No Orange. Best blue shampoo on the market. 

@JMaks,

I was unable to find one that we carry for blonde hair. However, I sometimes mix a tiny bit of a lathering shampoo with a pigmented one to give it some additional lather.

❤️ Melissa

RE: Blue shampoo that lathers?

Brass Off by Matrix. It’ll change your world.

@JMaks I just tried the Amika purple shampoo and conditioner recently and liked it enough to consider buying it. The shampoo lathered well for me (I have fairly dry hair) and my highlights really were extra bright afterward 💜

@JMaks Not available on Sephora, but Joico has both Purple and Blue Shampoos and conditioners that are pretty great. I'm always somewhere between blonde and brunette so I've got both versions and I'm a big fan. The shampoos lather well and aren't too drying (though I don't use them every time I wash). The conditioners are surprisingly effective, I think the Blue works a bit better than the Purple actually! Ulta is having its Jumbo/Liter sale right now, so I'd check that out first. 

Hi @JMaks

I've been using the amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner for my highlights and having been loving these products! (The shampoo lathers when I use it). 

If you're specifically looking for blue tones instead of purple, I would check out dpHue's Cool Brunette Shampoo and Conditioner 🙂

Bisous, 

Sian

Oribe makes a shampoo and conditioner for blonde and silver hair.  I've tried two of their shampoos so far, and both lather luxuriously, so I imagine that one would as well!  You should be able to order a travel size from them to see if you like it before committing to the full size.  Also Neiman Marcus will often have sample packets for free to try if you have a NM store near you.  (Other department stores that carry it might as well)

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing