Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA

Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Share photos and reviews on your Sephora Play Subscription Boxes here. If you're looking for reviews on any other box, look here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hauls/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/td-p/973905 

The subscription program is only offered by invitation at the moment. If you have not received an invite, you can join the waiting list here: http://www.sephora.com/play 

I do not have control over who receives invitations (whether they live in test cities or not), but I will edit this once the program opens to new groups.

If you want more information on the program or have questions not related to someone's box review, please visit this thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Not overly impressed with this months box. I love the bag...

Not overly impressed with this months box. I love the bag, but the lipstick and eyeliner I'll never use. Good thing I have a teenage daughter lol.

Re: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

Hmmm. My box has devacurl, and I have straight fine hair.... and a heavier moisturizer, and I have oily skin marked. Wishing I got the herbivore!! At least I got the lipstick I wanted!

RE: Play! By Sephora Subscription Box Review And Discussion

I think there should be a way to switch out products that we dont like/don't work for us....just saying 💅🏽

I think it's bull s*** that some boxes have Herbivore and Algenist and I got a Devacurl mask? Also, a lipstick covered in fingerprints! I am so shocked every month at the huge value discrepancies between the variations. This is my last month.

And now she's posted 555 (this is the last variation, I think)

Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel
Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Happy
Belif True Cream Moistrizing Bomb
Stella McCartney POP
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Black
DevaCurl Melt Into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask

My number is 426 and I still haven't seen spoilers for it...

Exited to receive mine #514. I don't know if I recall seeing any with the beautiful liquid eyeshadow though....

I just received box #498 and I hate to say it but I am completely underwhelmed.  I received Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick in Amulet which I not only have already because it was part of a previous promo but I honestly don't use liquid lipsticks because I find them to be too drying.  I bought Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb previously and returned it after it made me break out.  I have oily hair so I can't really see myself using IGK Hot Girls Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner.  Plus, can we talk about the box containing yet another black eyeliner?  I get that black eyeliner is pretty much the staple but it would be nice if Sephora would mix things up a little and maybe throw in a different color every once in a while.  I was really hoping for the Wander Beauty lipstick and the Herbivore Blue Tansy mask.  The last 2 boxes were so good but this month is just a bust.

I've yet to receive a box that I like. there is no way th...

I've yet to receive a box that I like. there is no way the boxes are curated or else I wouldn't be getting smashbox primer, purple lip paint and cellulite cream all the time. Im holding out till the end of the year. I have a lot of products so I'm not sure if I want to keep wasting my money.

How do you know what box you're receiving? l

How do you know what box you're receiving? l

Re: How do you know what box you're receiving? l

You can find your box number by logging into your account on a computer and looking at your order details.  Don't use the Sephora app to pull up your order because it won't give the box number.  In the order details, you'll see a long number for the specific box you're getting.  The last 3 numbers are what everyone is referring to on here.  You can normally look up your box on websites like My Subscription Addiction to see what you're getting ahead of time.

Did you guys see MSA's post with Box 514?

Belif True Cream Moisturizing Bomb
Benefit Gimme Brow Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel – Shade vary (not included in the photo)
DevaCurl Melt into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (black)
Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Happy
Clean Reserve Citron Fig + Sel Santal

Is it just me or is that the same stuff in box 051?? I co...

Is it just me or is that the same stuff in box 051?? I could've looked at them wrong but they seemed the same. I'm getting 514 and I'm very pleased, however, I was really hoping for the duo glitter shadow.

Ahh I think the difference is the Aqua bomb vs Moisturizi...

Ahh I think the difference is the Aqua bomb vs Moisturizing bomb.

How do you find that?

The box 506 spoilers are up which is my box. 

Ugh i'm so disappointed. That it's the one color lippie I already have and I already own the gimmie brow, belief cream and I dont wear eye liner. I really wanted the tansy mask. I think they need to stop with so many different versions it just breeds serious box envy and disappointment. And they need to stop using old promo rewards as stuffers for the boxes, half of the stuff I have already received in past boxes or as promo rewards. 

Whoever gets the box with the tansy mask and eyeshadow basically wins the lottery and everyone else is disappointed ...sometimes I really wonder why I haven't cancelled yet I haven't really loved any of my boxes in the last 3 months. 

All Products in September Box # 498

Urban Decay Vice liquid lipstick in Amulet, belif aqua bomb moisturiser, Algenist pressed serum, Benefit Gimme Brow (shade?), Sephora waterproof gel liner (black), and IGK shampoo and conditioner foils

http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2017/09/play-by-sephora-september-2017-box-498-full-spoilers....

Here's box 912 from MSA:

Ciaté London Liquid Velvet Moisturizing Matte Liquid Lipstick in Diva
Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Oil
Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream
Benefit Gimme Brow Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel (Shades vary)
Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12 Hour (black)
DevaCurl Melt into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask

@ZombieMetroAnt  I got this box. As much as I love it, I cancelled my subscription. I have an entire double sized plastic shoebox full of samples both foil and deluxe, organized in past Play! and other sample bags by use: eye, skin, hair, body, etc. 

I just can't keep getting more. I'm gonna save that $10 a month and get refills for my HG products rather than stockpiling more stuff!! 

The September 2017 spoilers are up on my subscription addiction...no specific boxes yet though! 

IMG_3303.PNG

IMG_3304.PNG

IMG_3305.PNG

IMG_3306.PNG

IMG_3307.PNG

If you watch the video, it looks like the hair part of the box will be foils. So now Sephora is doing foils, like the same stuff we get for free when we order stuff online?

1,500 Replies