Ending my Relationship with Sephora Play!
*THIS IS NOT A POST BASHING SEPHORA OR SEPHORA PLAY!*
In July, I made a promise to myself that I would end my
relationship subscription with Sephora Play! despite constantly seeing people post about the repetitive items that come in the Play box. Nothing personal, I just feel that after 2 years of having the subscription I've received all the products that I'm going to be satisfied with in trial sizes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who are ungrateful for multiple eyeliners, mascaras, and face primers because how I see it is that I won't have to buy any of those items for a minute. Receiving repetitive items was kinda of like a blessing for me; I could have a mascara for my makeup bag in my purse as well as have one from home without having to swap out items in my makeup bag constantly. So these repetitive items came in use because if it's one thing that I hate is constantly switching out my makeup bag and risk leaving things at home, which is a bummer sometimes. So in memoriam to the Sephora Play Box, I would like to list some of my fave products that I've received in the last 2 years:
- Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb - is the bomb.com, that's all I can say about this amazing eye product. Wish I could have received this product every month in my Play box but it's a really good product that has made me actually purchase the full size
- Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream- I know, another eye cream, but heyyyyy, if it works, it works!!! Love this stuff, it really does give my eyes a pep start for the day.
- Too Faced Mascara Melt Off Cleansing Oil - never, ever had a product like this but when I tell you that this **ish works miracles. I've never cared before to really take my mascara off until this product. Just amazing at how well this really works.
- Micro Mini beauty blender - came at a time in my life where I just needed this small wonder.
- Youth to the People Age prevention Superfood Cleanser - I've always been skeptical that veggies are meant for your stomach and not your face, but that gentle cleanser (breakout FREE) was something different and nice!
- Verb Ghost Oil - I normally NEVER use the hair products since I'm a WOC with natural hair but when I tell you.........This is a hair oil that I got's to keep around
- Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Moonlight - add this to any foundation or alone. I love to just brush this on my body too for a nice subtle glow!
- Sephora collection Instant Moisturizer + Cream - Got my hooked! This is like my 2nd fave moisturizer (after Murad's Perfecting Lotion)
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara - A Love Affair from the beginning. I've raved about this product since I've received it. I don't need to wear false lashes when I have this product
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask - gets my skin feeling the cleanest it's every felt.
- Sephora Ultra Shine Lip Gel in Perfect Nude - HUNTY, when I tell you that this product, right here, hands down, is the most perfect nude for my lips that I will forever be indebted to Sephora for introducing this to my life, and I just got another one as a BONUS in my December box
- Ciate London Liquid Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick in DIVA - Babyyyyyy, when I tell you that I found the most perfect RED that looks good on me. It's perfect for Holidays, work, date night, any time of the year. A versatile RED that is still in my collection to this day
- The countless, cute little baggies that the items would come in before they switched over to the Ziploc type bags (@Sephora, ya'll might wanna go back to those)
- The countless fragrance samples that I received, Loved them all!
- And those ever so interactive brochures that would detail every item and make me feel like I
wasAM a Beauty Guru
Thank you Sephora for this Love Affair that I had with the Sephora Play! box but it is time that I move on. Farewell and ta-ta, for now, but who knows......???? There are endless possibilities that await me in 2019!!!
Loyal Sephora Customer