Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

Black women play subscriber

I keep getting products I can’t use is this a thing or do I just have the wrong profile type? Examples dry shampoo, tiger grass, sea spray, etc. has anyone had success with a good profile?

Re: Black women play subscriber

I love my Play box and look forward to it every month. I give all dry shampoo to the women’s shelter and use every product I receive. If a color is too light I use it as a concealer or eyeshadow base. Too dark products become Contour.

The women’s shelter loves lipstick too lol. I haven’t bought a primer, serum or moisturizer since I started Play, saved a lot of money. The women’s shelter loves lipstick too. Can’t wait to get this months Box cause I heard it might have a Dior mascara. Love those travel mascaras and have found so many holy grail mascara through play. I really no longer need to buy mascara but I still do, lol.

I have only been a member since October but all my boxes...

I have only been a member since October but all my boxes has been pretty good so far! so I really do think it had a lot to do with your profile! So look at it again and make sure you answered according and also get match if you haven't I believe that's helps alot cuz they know my exact shade!

Hi @shonteld  

I didn't have much success with play between the repeat items that are usually offered as point perks to the items that had not serious melanin in mind I only lasted 6-7 months I believe? Wish I could remember what info I had checked off (I did change it once or twice to see if I received different items), but I am drawing a blank.

@shonteld Try changing your profile. I never get dry shampoo. For hair I put dry. I’ve gotten hair thickner on my first box. We should compare profiles to help each other out. Play gives a ton dry shampoos so I know your tired. I asked a mod to create a group for women of color to help each other out. Never got a response 

@KNC24 unfortunately I think if such a group gets created there will inevitably be an issue with it being so specific/ "exclusionary". 

I do think something is needed though.  Despite connecting with some wonderful ladies I can't necessarily look to them for certain product recommendations, etc.  I have tossed around the idea with a few ladies on starting a thread (focusing primarily on swatches/color matching/ BOMB/etc.).  If there is still interest I can work on starting one.

That would be such an amazing thing because it’s hard to figure out what products actually work/looks good on my skin tone.

@ElleElleG Thanks for the input. I think we need something too. I figured in men who makeup can get a group we should have one too. Only because I feel there are unique needs that we have like men who makeup. Which group do you think the thread should be posted?

Hmm @KNC24 I was thinking where the original swatch thread is located but I may look through the groups again

I have had the same issue. Depending on the contents of December’s box, I was considering canceling! 

RE: Re: Black women play subscriber

That’s was I was thinking of also bc I could save 10 every month then but products I actually can use

Not much better if you are super pale and they send you brown lipstick.  Try calling them.

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 33 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing