Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

Beauty Box Discussion

Would you recommend Sephora Play! over other beauty box subscriptions?  What is your favorite beauty box service? Do you think they're a waste?

Anonymous Insider

Re: Beauty Box Discussion

I subscribed to Play at the end of August so I haven't gotten a look at a box yet. My favorite box that I've tried so far is the Petit Vour one. I think you get a lot of value for the price, some things you might never try otherwise, and some really great stuff. I've also tried Allure, gave it up for awhile, and now I'm getting it again. FitFabFun (or whatever it is) is awful, IMO. 

I won't say that they're a waste but I will say that they're an addiction (at least for me!). I've started taking all the things I won't use and putting them in a bag for my hairdresser!

RE: Beauty Box Discussion

I've had Birchbox but dumped it (too many brightening cleansers/lotions) for ipsy, and 4 months ago I dumped ipsy (lots of makeup but the brands were hit and miss) for Sephora. I do miss some of the funkier brands in ipsy, though. I'm really pleased with Sephora because the brands quality is high, and I like the Play! Points and support you get with Play! dates and in-store instruction on product use. You have to keep an open mind and be open to trying new things. That is essentially the purpose of the box. If you're just hoping for samples of a particular product or products, you will most likely be disappointed. Your best option is to save up for a sale imho. I've heard good things about Boxycharm, but for me that's too much product every month. I've still got 2 tubes of hair product from last month's Play! Box I've yet to try.

I would choose Play! over every subscription except for I...

I would choose Play! over every subscription except for Ipsy. Ipsy tailors your product according to your needs and your feedback from previous months, and you can choose one product of the five you get every month if you want to. I loved Birchbox for so many reasons (even with the tiny samples lol) but after two years I felt like it had taken me as far as I could go so I unsubbed. I've been subscribing to Allure beauty box for a few months now, Play! has been more useful so far.

I enjoy the Sephora Playbox subscription. Granted I've on...

I enjoy the Sephora Playbox subscription. Granted I've only had two subscription box services to compare. I'd recommend Sephora hands down. The products are high quality and affordable. Tips, product information, 50 bonus points and Playbox dates build community. I find this subscription valuable then other subscription boxes.

Re: Beauty Box Discussion

@oliviaclaiire I very much recommend Play! The products are all from brands Sephora sells, so the quality is certainly there. The thing about sub boxes at large is that not every item in every box is going to be loved by all, and there are certainly months where you're going to get one or more things you just don't care for or won't likely use. As the boxes, and Play! in particular, tend to have $ values that far exceed the subscription cost, it's still well worth it.

As for the items that aren't a total hit for you, they likely will be for someone. You can pass them on to family and friends. If they haven't been opened/used, you could also donate them to women's shelters, charitable thrift stores, etc. 

In short, I say run with it! Maybe do a few (as, I admit, I do, LOL). Ipsy, Birchbox, and Boxycharm are also very popular. You can see what people have gotten in the past and also check out many other available boxes in this thread:  https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Subscription-box-photo-sharing/m-p/973905#M103434

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing