Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Skin undertones

Hi! I have a hard time defying my skin undertones when I have to choose a foundation. Depending on which brands they ask if: we want a foundation for yellow, pink, neutral, warm, cold undertones.  I have a very fair, dry skin. I’m red hair, green eyes. 

Can someone help me, please? Thank you! 

Re: Skin undertones

@Langedo From the information you provided i would guess that you are warm toned or maybe neutral. Obviously that is a guess, the best way to tell what your undertone is by looking at the veins in your wrist. Do they appear to be blue, or more green? Blue=cool toned, greenish=warm. Another way is the neutral test, do you look better in bright whites and blacks or more creamy shades of white, tan and browns? Also do you fine your self wearing (and looking better in) silver or gold jewlery?

Thank you very much! And what about yellow or pink undertones? Maybe, I rather go for a safe neutral undertone? I’ve never question myself about that before.... I’ve always used the fairest or the porcelain foundations. But now, when I want to choose a new one, their is that undertones question! 

@Langedo Yellow (so is golden) is generally a sub category of warm and pink (also blue and sometimes red) is a sub of cool. Since red hair is generally an indicator of a warm skin tone, and green eyes are generally an indicator for cool tone, you most likely are a neutral. I am a cool toned, very fair myself  and completely understand the struggle, it took me a long time (and Makeup Artistry school) to figure mine out! 

Thank you so much! It’s so kind of you! You made it so much clearer! Have a good day and ....lots of Sephora shopping! 😉😊🇨🇦

@Langedo No problem! Happy shopping! 🤑

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing