Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Julep reviews?

When I was in Seattle I got a mani from the julep salon and it lasted for almost two weeks! Is this the norm for their polishes or did I get lucky?

I've subbed to Julep for years and I actually think it's...

I've subbed to Julep for years and I actually think it's one of the best subscription boxes out there. They allow you to customize, you can skip months if you want, and they always throw in freebies. All that said, their polishes wear the same as all others for me which means a few days of wear before chipping. They dry at about the same rate of time as others seem to as well.

Love my Julep polishes! I use the Nails Inc base and top...

Love my Julep polishes! I use the Nails Inc base and top coats with them to get a long lasting mani. I can usually get a solid two weeks before I get bored of the color. I have had a couple colors that seemed goopy, but usually they're great. And their customer service is very responsive and helpful.

Re: Julep reviews?

@beautybot3000

I'm going to echo most of what @Tamara76 said. Julep had a promo a few months ago to get 12 polishes as a bonus gift free with any subscription box purchase, and I jumped on it (12 full polishes, plus a box, for $25? Heck yeah!). I had never used Julep before and was eager to try it. My at home results were...fine, I guess, but not stellar. My first attempt to use the polish was a complete failure...apparently it didn't work well with my normal quick dry top coat, and wound up not drying AT ALL...seven hours later and polish was still slipping and sliding everywhere. Luckily they sent the 12 free polishes before sending my sub box, so I chose to build my own box and ordered their top coat. Much better! But...there was a good bit of shrink, more than I normally experience with other brands, and I wasn't that impressed with the wear time.

I still have more polishes of theirs that I haven't used, but I have so much polish in general that I know I can work with better, so trying to play with and perfect my julep technique hasn't been high on my priority list lately. 

Cancelling my subscription was super easy...I just sent an email to their subscription department and had a confirmation back from them within a few hours. 

If you decide to try them, ulta has a decent selection of polishes you can buy individually, or watch for an awesome subscription bonus. Even though I wound up not liking the polish as much as I had hoped, I don't regret the money I spent to try them...I got a couple other items in my box that I love, and never would have tried otherwise.

Re: Julep reviews?

@beautybot3000. I love Julep polishes, but I've never had them last more than 4 days when I do my nails at home (like with any other polish for me).  

I used to subscribe to Julep and I never had a problem receiving my items, I loved having access to their secret shop (or whatever it was called) and when I felt overwhelmed by too many polishes, I had no problem cancelling my sub.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Julep reviews?

I'm not entirely sure but don't do their monthly subscription box. It's pretty well known to be a scam/ they don't always send your stuff. It's also incredibly hard to cancel your subscription.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing