Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It

Essie Gel Couture polishes

I just came across the Essie Gel couture polishes and top coat when looking at the Essie site and was wanting to see if anyone has tried this line of there products and if so how they like it and how long it lasts you when you use it.

Re: Essie Gel Couture polishes

@RGbrown might be able to help. 

Thanks for sharing this useful information.

@Samtian 

Thanks for the tag!

@Tina30219 

I've got two of the polishes, and they're ok. One was a super easy two coater, no issues, but the other was a bit thin in coverage and needed three coats to even out streaks and bare spots. Both are deep shimmers, from the same collection even, so the difference in formula between the two was a bit surprising and off-putting.

However, Gel Couture is on my no-buy list for a different reason: the brush stems are twisted (just like the bottles) and that makes cleaning off excess polish to keep it from dripping down the stem and flooding my nails *very* difficult, especially for someone with tremors (like me). 

I can't speak to the top coat personally but can say that folks that love it, love it, but they also report that it's not as quick drying as others out there, and quick dry is an important factor that I'm not willing to give up. 

No, i didn't try this before.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing