Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Dry brittle nails

Does anyone have any tips to bring my nails back to life? Dry, peeling and splitting. I recently took off my shellac because they got so bad. 

Dry brittle nails

I would recommend a topical nail treatment in addition to taking a nail and hair vitamin. my favourites: - Butter London - horsepower - Nails Inc. - nail kale

Re: Dry brittle nails

@celestialdreamz  Thank you!

RE: Dry brittle nails

Nails dry out like hair and skin. They can be sensitive to things like extreme temperature changes from A/C or heat or frequent hand washing. You may need to apply a treatment for awhile to protect them and give them time to heal. OPI, Essie and Nailtek all have good treatments for dry, peeling nails. And cuticle oil is a big help. I like to apply it to naked nails (especially after removing polish/treatments) at night while watching tv or reading. I put a drop on each nail, rub it in and leave it on for 10-20 minutes before wiping excess off with a tissue.

Re: Dry brittle nails

Take a multi-vitamin if you don't already... it could be a deficiency in something, drink lots of water, using a good hand cream - I like the Caudalie one also helps. I also use the nail balm from Saje - it's been great over the winter. I use it right after I take any manicure off and it helps a ton. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing