Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Skin care for men??

Any good daily moisturizers and facial cleansers??
Anonymous Insider

RE: Skin care for men??

I really like Clinique’s Moisture Surge after daily cleansing. Although, I use a separate after shave on days I remove facial hair. I’ve tried several moisturizers on the price spectrum, and this gives the best bang for your continued buck. It’s lightweight, yet powerful enough to get the job done. It absorbs cleanly, quickly, and leaves no shine. Hope this helps. Happy hunting.

Re: Skin care for men??

Right now, my daily routine is Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash 5 oz/ 150 mLand Kate Somerville Dry Skin Saver 4 oz/ 120 mL. It's an upgrade from my old routine and you need only a little bit of the Checks and Balances to get a good clean. The Kate Somerville moisturizer is on the pricey side of things, but it does moisturize without greasiness and over my weekend in Tahoe in the dry air, it worked quite well even after a day of boarding in 20 degree air with little humidity.

At night, even though it's more of a makeup remover with some light moisturization, Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mLhas helped me win the battle against white/blackheads. If I remember to cleanse at night. 

If a beard is involved, Billy Jealousy is a great brand. They have a nice starter kit which comes with a brush. My bf also likes Mario Badescu. The cucumber cleansing lotion works well for his skin but not mine. He also uses Neutrogena’s men face washes.  

I have tried many different cleansers from drug store to luxury skin care cleanser and the best on Ei have found was the Peter Thomas Roth - Anti Aging Facial Cleanser. This cleanser has a great sent and makes your skin feel refreshed which I have never had a cleanser do before, it also makes my skin glow after using it. I highly recommend this facial cleanser!!!

My husband uses my stuff. We use the Youth To The People superfood cleanser and hyaluronic acid moisturizer. He had severe acne and this has really helped. He really likes the coola er recovery after sun lotion because he has oily skin and it doesn’t make him greasy. He also uses the Derma e scar gel and dermalogica sport spf 50. I check all the ingredients on cosdna.com to make sure it’s safe and won’t break him or I out.

@kurrenn943 My coworker and brother love the Kiehl's line.  If you go to a Kiehl's store they have tons of samples you can ask for.  They also have a mens skincare line.

Hi @kurrenn943,

I recently bought the Jack Black Skin Saviors™for my boyfriend and he likes it a lot.  The set is a great starter kit as it comes with a cleanser, energizing scrub, face moisturizer and lip balm.  He also likes the KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Facial Fuel Energizing Face Washand KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Facial Fuel Energizing Moisturizer for Men.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Steph 

My husband uses Kieh's as well.  His morning and night routine are almost the same.

KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash

KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Facial Fuel Energizing Scrub(morning only 2-3x week)

Kiehl's Since 1851 Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner 8.4 oz/ 250 ml

Kiehl's Since 1851 Age Defender Power Serum 2.5 oz/ 75 mL

KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Facial Fuel Energizing Moisturizer fo#r Men

Kiehl's Since 1851 Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Correcting Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL(morning only)

He also uses the Kiehl's Ultimate Man body bar-- he likes the exfoliating properties.

My husband really likes the Jack Black products! And as a bonus for me, it stops him from stealing all my expensive stuff.

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing