Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

No Makeup Makeup for Men

I’ve been looking for some good no makeup makeup products that are reasonably affordable. I have harsh “manly” features so I sometimes get washed out by a lot of products. I love using makeup to express femininity, but sometimes I want to show the best side of my masculinity. I sometimes I only feel like I look good with makeup on because it covers up my insecurities and changes my face. But I wanna start accentuating the more masculine features I already have. Just for reference, I am pretty pale with cooler undertones.

Re: No Makeup Makeup for Men

I’m totally the same way I do love a no makeup makeup look just to hide blemishes really it depends on what works well with your skin type in terms of picking out a primer and setting spray, for example I have dry combination skin so I use a hydrating primer from Laura mercier and I use charolotte tilbury airbrush flawless setting spray ( of course the travel size 🙂) but it also depends on what type of coverage you’d like. I currently use the giorgio armani concealer. 

Some things I’d recommend:

An eye primer applied to lids that evens the eye area, a great one is : Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Eden 

I’d use a concealer sparingly  just to even and tone. A great one I’m loving at the moment is Dior Backstage Concealer 2N (check shades) or Kosas Revealer Super Creamy + Brightening Concealer with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid . Or, even the Kaja Cat Nap Under Eye Brightener Peach-Tone Brightener if you need to neutralize dark circles. 

Something like the Kosas Air Brow Tinted Clean Volumizing Eyebrow Gel would be great for brows. 

A touch of defining mascara: CLINIQUE Naturally Glossy Mascara is a good one.

A touch of lip balm: Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 

Lastly, you could add a barest touch of non-shimmery highlight to cheekbones and other high points of the face. Something like: Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator .

Good luck, hope this helps! @LittleMonsterrr 

Hi, @LittleMonsterrr

My no makeup makeup routine is a primer, foundation, concealer, and a setting spray…. You can’t tell I’m wearing anything. If you go

into Sephora and tell one of sales associates that you’re not sure what shade you are, they’ll color match you for one. 

Hi @LittleMonsterrr! If you need foundation and concealer, SEPHORA COLLECTION Best Skin Ever Liquid Foundation and SEPHORA COLLECTION Bright Future Gel Serum Under Eye Concealer have decent coverage and are affordable too. Is there anything else that you are looking for?

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing