cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|
Anonymous Insider

Makeup to pass

Hi there everyone! I am a TransMale who doesn't like my feminine face. Does anyone know how to contour so my face will look masculine? I'm looking for a store in Tacoma to go to to get my makeup tutorial done if needed. Do the makeup artists know how to do mens eyebrows?
Tags:

RE: Makeup to pass

Youtube! I’m sure u could find drag king tutorials that could be helpful 🙂 good luck!

Re: Makeup to pass

Hi @Anonymous,

I would call your local store when and let them know what you’d like to learn when you come in. Every store has different people with different skill sets, so if you let them know what you need (with some advanced notice) then they can make sure to schedule someone with those skills at your appointment.

Have you looked at any of the classes at your Sephora? They’re free to take. I’ve done the contour and highlight one at my local Sephora and learned quite a bit. I think they have a brow one too to help people find brow shapes to compliment their faces.

Anonymous Insider

Hi there,

Cool, yeah I looked at the Trans classes but there are none but might go in for a  normal class to do contour, have had my brows done there before they did a  great job. Do males usually highlight?bronzer? help. lol thanks in advance

Beck

Plus,

How do we change our nickname on here?

@Anonymous There isn’t an easy way to change the nickname. You can contact a mod, who can help close the account and migrate your rewards info to a new one.

As for contouring for men, I think it depends on the look you’re going for. The idea for contouring is to create shadows and light, and I think it’s possible to do that in a more subtle way if that’s what you’re wanting. For example, you can use a lighter concealer or foundation to highlight instead of something very sparkly. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing