Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup

Makeup for Men

I'd love some opinions on the best make up for men. I am currently using warpaint.

Thoughts?

Re: Makeup for Men

For what it’s worth, a great many brands are tilting towards agendered, genderless, or gender-inclusive marketing. From including men and transpersons in demonstrative photography (say, for complexion shades) to de-gendered packaging (see Rare Beauty or Ilia).

Add to that, there are definite trends towards sheer-to-medium products (skin tints, tinted moisturizers) in easy-to-use formats (liquid blush, cream bronzers) that facilitate male-presenting makeup. Look up YouTube tutorials on ‘natural’ or ‘no-makeup makeup’, and even with female and female-presenting creators, many of the techniques and products are well-suited towards male-presenting makeup.

Rather than shopping for men-specific makeup (which usually substitute quality for more masculine packaging), it’s more beneficial to shop for your desired preferences such as but not limited to

-Skin Type (normal, oily, dry, combination, sensitive)

-Finish (normal, radiant, matte, satin, dewy, soft-matte)

-Coverage (sheer, medium, full, buildable)

-Formula (liquid, cream, powder, stick, cushion)

in addition to the preferences listed above some products may be

-transfer proof/resistant

-SPF

-AntiAging

-waterproof

-longwear

…and other skincare benefits.

I highly recommend going into your local Sephora location so that a beauty advisor could further assist you and address your specific concerns.  The Color IQ technology just got revamped and is accurate.  I just got my skin tone matched today and the foundation color I was recommended was spot-on.  Hope this info helps.

@murphy066  Honestly any makeup is perfect! 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing