Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

James Charles drama

I'm not wanting any drama myself but i just want to know what everyone thinks about all this craziness? I know it doesn't pertain to makeup whatsoever but i wanna hear your thoughts!##

Re: James Charles drama

Mostly it just seems like a bunch of self-serving attention wh**es whinging about each other. From a personal perspective, I think that if you are a friend/mentor to someone and they behave in a way that you find concerning, that's something that you either deal with in private or take to the police. If what she claims is true, then yes that behaviour absolutely needs to stop... but posting a long rant on youtube doesn't feel like it does anything to help any of the people involved. It did apparently gain her a lot of followers, which may have been her goal. 

The part that grosses me out is a 37 year old using social media to try to destroy a 19 year old and acting as though they're on some moral high ground. 

This!! Your last statement totally got me, where is our society headed when a grown woman decides that social media is the best venue for this??

If he was really sexually assaulting people she should have immediately gone to the police to help out his victims, not use it as a publicity stunt to gain more followers. It’s absolutely shameful!! I’m not into “celebrities” and don’t actively follow any gossip pages or etc but I did see Selena Gomez recently comment about how social media is a serious issue to our society and how she worries the next generation doesn’t get all the facts- this is a perfect example! As a society, if he’s really using his power to assault people I hope no one supports his brand! We should not continue to support predators- stand with the victims and show the world we won’t tolerate people who take advantage of others. #metoo doesn’t just reflect the struggles of women in our society, it’s for all victims of sexual predation and violence! 

I hope in the future as social media continues to ramp itself up that we have more people worried about the rights of others than a publicity stunt/cash out. But, let’s be real if any of these people had legitimate talents and skills they probably wouldn’t be hustling social media to get noticed so it probably won’t stop. 

Also, I was shocked to learn Tati was only 37!! From the way she dresses, her beauty style and her general composure I thought she was in her mid 40’s, maybe even 50’s. Realizing she’s so much younger kind of ruins it for me. I took her for someone with so much more experience!! Now I question her vitamin line even more- what gosh darn experience does she have with nutrition, human biology and long term health? Also, I don’t think her style fits the current 30’s vibe people are doing, so as someone in her 30’s I’m now turned off. Plus, again you expect better behavior with someone with that sort of life experience and this seems so very juvenile. 

.... and this in general is why I don’t watch YouTube and stopped “being into beauty gurus”. They aren’t “gurus” of anything- they’re just people (often self interested people) pushing products on others to pad their own pockets. I’d much rather come here and see someone post about their actual experience and their commentary than be duped by someone whose being paid to deceive me!!

OMG YES!!! Literally the last year has felt like the "beauty community" is the only group of people to start this much drama! They always say they have had the hardest time to get to where they are and they've had to struggle to "make it." What about every other influencer or celebrity or regular person. We all have our ups and downs but why do beauty gurus feel the needs to tell everyone they've had a hard time. I agree that they probably feed into the drama and tweet and post or make a response video to get attention and views. 

If James Charles pressured men for sex, he should own up to it and the male victims should come forward. Coercive sex is never okay.

I do feel that there is too much drama aired on You tube. Everyday someone seems to have a beef with someone and takes to You Tube to give their side of the situation. Two supposedly adults can't get together to hash things out in private- they have to go on social media to try and gain followers by appearing to be the victim? Everybody's in the wrong for doing that. 

For me her allegations are very damaging against him, but I have to ask myself why she chose to keep all of that to herself and continue to support him, until he took a deal from a brand that competed with her brand. If he hadn’t done that she would still be supporting him, so is she really offended by his actions, or is this really a clever play from her to win supporters and drown him and this other brand. I think the latter tbh. 

I 100% agree! I also don't understand why Jeffree was also in on the drama when it had nothing to do with him. Now all three of them have put a video out explaining what happened and I think James was the only one who addressed everything. Including the fact that Jeffree lied in his texts to James, telling him that his friends were going to be put on camera to tell their side. Tati and Jeffree have both said that they have more to say and the "receipts" to show for it but i guess legally they aren't going to say anything else to the public.

To me, James Charles is a huge meh
To me, he seemed rather entitled and his head started to get a little big.
I think he is really talented and his looks are well done.

Let's remember he is a kid, isn't he like 19?
I mean, bad decisions are to be expected so all that drama coming out is not at all surprising.
So to your question, I think he made a mistake and this drama is a big opportunity to be a real wakeup call for him.

Where I am really disappointed in him, is that to me, he in no way represents men wearing makeup.
First up he is a boy, not a man, he does nothing to de-gender makeup.
If anything, he reinforces the makeup is feminine paradigm, like the opposite of that war paint nonsense marketing but just as extreme and toxic IMHO.
Second, he hasn't done a single thing to teach, encourage, or help to shift the gender paradigm for makeup in a meaningful way considering the platform he had with covergirl.
Wasted opportunity IMHO.

I'm sorry, but if you're using your wealth and celebrity to prey on other people for sexual gain against their will I don't care how old you are that makes you a predator. You do know that he threatened to sue these guys that he went after for slander if they spoke up about him trying to get them in bed right? There is no mandate on how old you have to be in order to be a predator. To use your wealth and power against someone that may be confused about their sexual identity, and then threaten that individual is 1000% wrong. He thrust himself on these kids/men just like any other sexual predator/r@pist would. Think about it in another situation: popular high school senior takes a likening to a freshman girl. He then uses said popularity and what not to get that girl to do things she might not understand/ever done before. Before or after said male student gets what he wants the girl breaks away/breaks down crying afterwards. He then threatens to tell the whole school what a loser and a s1*t that she is if she tells anyone. Now would you not call said senior boy a sexual predator because that's exactly how a predator works and operates: preys on the vulnerable and then uses their power and threatens them with X if they say or do anything about it. You can use the above situation with multiple different scenarios it is does not matter the outcome is the same. What he did was extremely wrong and he needs professional help at the least.

Where did you hear he was going to sue? Tbh sounds like another allegation just like some of the people who claimed he said anything inappropriate to them. I'm not saying that some of the instances weren't true because there's no way to tell whether someones own experience is valid or invalid. I will say that people have already come forward saying that some allegations were exaggerated or just simply made up to be part of a "social experiment" or for people to jump on the bandwagon of cancel culture which is just a fancy name for bullying and harassment. At this point I am only assuming you haven't seen his video, but if you have you would know he addresses the fact that Zara Larsson took to twitter to post a picture of a man asking where he lived, who he was, and how he liked his eggs cooked in the morning which was tolerated because she is a woman, but for James to simply compliment someone in a private message is considered predatory? He even said that if the person told him that it made them uncomfortable he stopped. Regarding the boy that was in his hotel room, Sam gave full consent and even admitted in doing so by posting his own video saying he DMed James first and willingly met up with him. Everything they did or said was 100% consensual on both ends. Either way this is my own opinion lol but thank you for weighing in your thoughts on this subject.

This was very well said and I 100% agree that he did let the idea of himself being a "celebrity" get to his head. I in no way feel that he's a nobody at this point but he does use his fame in a more negative light these days. I have been a supporter of him since the Covergirl shoot and have seen him through all of his other scandals up until the Tati situation. I have his palette and his merch AND will also be seeing him on tour this year, but I'm on the fence a little bit about what's gonna happen next since he still hasn't been on any social media since her video came out. I love James but i don't think his apology was very sincere and it reminded me of Laura Lee's apology last year. With that being said I understand that he's young because he's not even a full year older than I am... I wouldn't know what to do if I were in his position right now haha!

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing