Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup
|

Helping Out

Hi, I know someone who needs help covering some stubble and doing subtle day makeup for work. They like the idea of eyeliner, and can kind of get behind some eyeshadow (and has even picked a few colors)! But I want them to feel like themselves. They are stepping into a new gender identity but don't want to put themselves in danger. 

I'm usually a dramatic makeup kind of girl, who never leaves the house without highlighter. I can't really do natural very well. Any help appreciated.

Re: Helping Out

Makeup Forever has great foundation. I have a beard, so I don't know how well it would cover up stubble, but I bet it would do a great job. Also make sure they are color correcting too! Have them use some red on the dark areas they are trying to conceal and then apply either the concealer or foundation!

Sometimes I do like to wear eyeliner for a really subtle "guyliner" I like to use a soft brown. It really fills into the lash line well and isn't harsh. I like to lift my lashes up and go right on the water line. Then I take a small brush and diffuse it. That really helps make it not so harsh. I love the Urban Decay 24-7 Eye Liner!

I also love Benefit's Hoola Matte Bronzer. It's fantastic for some contour and just adding some color back to the skin after foundation.

Makeup Forever also has some beautiful HD Blushes that I would recommend too. They are very pigmented so a little goes a long way, but they can be blended out very easily.

Hopefully that helps! Good luck to your friend!

Re: Helping Out

@GothWife I don't know a ton about men who makeup but i've seen so many of the guys on youtube use the MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation Y225 - Marble for covering stubble so maybe he could check that out!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing