Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

What is your foundation free makeup routine???!✨

I have sensitive skin so I had to stop wearin foundation - I have just been using the fit me concealer under my eyes and a little bit on my chin. I have noticed that powder products look less natural on bare skin(I don’t want to mess with primer, I have tried a lot and they clog my pores) so I want to try more Dewey/ simple products, like milk,nudestix, bite beauty multistix.... I’m just so new to this what do you guys do? Thanks 💕🛍

Anonymous Insider

Re: What is your foundation free makeup routine???!✨

How lovely you are! I'd probably win the award for the "most minimal" makeup routine throughout Sephora. Probably , ever! 

I try diligently to moisturize with SPF (I'm a gardener). I use mascara and some balm on gardening days. If we go out it's; mascara, concealer, (sometimes) foundation, & a touch of eyeshadow.

It's rare for me to apply liner, foundation, shadow, etc. It happens , but not often!

RE: What is your foundation free makeup routine???!✨

Anonymous Insider

I don’t really do much; 1: Wash and clean my face (various products) 2. KVD Lock-it concealer (under my eyes) 3. Lipstick: KVD mainly either her liquid lips or studded kiss in shades Zero, Bow N’ Arrow and Divine. 4. Benefits instant brow pencil to fill in brows. 5. (Sometimes) Eyeshadow E.l.f, Pastel Goth and Milani Everyday Eyes 01 Must have naturals.

I use IT cosmetics bye bye redness neutralizing correcting cream. It can do full coverage, but a little goes a long way, and helps with blemishes but doesn't feel like foundation. It evens out my skin, and makes it look like I have nothing on, plus it is soothing so when I take it off at night, I feel like my skin has ended the day looking even better than when I woke up. 

@jeskayjam Perricone MD has a whole No-makeup-makeup-Line. Liquid bronzer, blush, skin tint, mascara and lip gloss. It’s skin loving makeup with SPF 30 in every product. It would be perfect for you. Also, check out Glossier’s Cloud Paints. Their tints that you can use anywhere on your face. Also, Glossier has their own version of a skin tint that is actually good for you. The most important thing to use is sunscreen. Amore Pacific’s Resort Collection Sun Protection Mist is an absolute must have for me. I take it with me whenever I’m going to be in the sun for long periods of time. Its basically SPF 30 in a spray bottle. You can reapply whenever you want to make sure your skin is protected. I can’t live without it!

Same here - tried tons of drug store and high end foundat...

Same here - tried tons of drug store and high end foundations, BB & CC creams and blur sticks, all caused allergic reactions or severe dryness. But then, I discovered COVER FX CUSTOM DROPS - amazing! I add 1 drop to my usual morning facial lotion and a little unrefined coconut oil and it gives me the perfect, sheer "natural" coverage. It does not make my face dry and itchy or cause an allergic reaction - it is awesome! You can add 2 drops for full coverage. I love it because I can just mix the drops into my own routine face moisturizer. It's $44 a bottle and I've been using it daily for 8 months and am still not even close to out. Put in refridgerator during summer months and feels great chilled! Great color options for those of us who are medium to deep tan!

@jeskayjam what is your skin type? Since you mentioned that powder products look less natural on bare skin, I'm curious if that's because you have dry skin?

On a day to day basis I never wear foundation - I might break it out if I'm going to a super fancy event where I need to look more polished, but otherwise I don't bother.

In the morning after I finish skincare (cleanse, oil, moisturizer, eye cream) I wait a few minutes for everything to soak in and then I will dust a tiny bit of translucent loose powder on my t-zone. I do this for 2 reasons; 1) I have combo oily skin and this helps to keep it from looking greasy and 2) sometimes when applying powder colour cosmetics over bare skin the pigment has a tendency to settle in my pores and make them look spotty. Once I've dusted my t-zone I will dab whatever is left on the brush onto the apples of my cheeks so that when I'm ready for blush it applies smoothly.

After that, I just continue on with the rest of my colour products (lipstick, eyeshadow, etc) and then I'm done. 

Hope that helps!

its very dry with oily nose lol. Thats a good point about the skincare - I am slowly finding things that work for me, but I still haven't found the perfect moisterizer.... Stuff usually irritates my skin, isn't hydrating enough, or clogs the pores on my nose like crazy lol. Plus I'm on a budget so I can't pay a lot. But I'm working on it! Thanks for the advice :)!

Anonymous Insider

Have you tried coconut oil as moisturizer? Jajoba works well too! Remember to MASSAGE whatever you do end up using into face. Make this a daily routine. Get those blood cells moving. Feels good and does good for the skin. 

thats interesting. I always pat moisturizer into my skin, never massage. Maybe that would help. And I use coconut oil to double cleanse my skin- will it clog my pores if I use it as a moisturizer? thank you so muchxx

Maybe I am missing something, but to me a BB cream, especially a thick one like it cosmetics is kinda-sorta the same as foundation. 

On a lazy day, I put on Kypris Heliotropic (moisturizer/spf/primer in one - it gives a slight blur and glow) or sometimes Josh Rosebrook tinted moisturizer with spf (it's kinda hard to spread - sinks in too quickly for a tinted product and looks oilier than Kypris, but not bad overall), use some concealer to cover the dark circles, Hello Fab Multi Stick in Rosé as a highlighting blush, set everything with translucent powder, brows, mascara, tinted lip balm and done. 

THANKYOU that was what I was thinking - bb cream is pretty much the same as foundation.... xx:)

Hello!

I never wear foundation. On occasion I wear Burberry Fresh Glow Base or a bb cream. Do you have a decent skin care routine? I don't find powder products to look less natural on my skin. But that could be because of the brushes used as well. If you have the funds available, give the Burberry a try. I have huge pores and this hasn't clogged mine.

https://www.sephora.com/product/fresh-glow-luminous-fluid-base-P398995?skuId=1754688&icid2=products%...

Because I go for a dewy look, not matte. If all of my skin is dewy except for the blush area it looks weird lol

@jeskayjam Just because your skin look is dewy, using a matte blush isn't going to make it look weird.

I don't wear foundation either so my skin is dewy on a daily basis. I still use matte blush. The natural oils in your skin will still come through as long as you're not caking it on. If it looks powdery, it could be the blush itself or the brush you're using to apply.

If you're still set on a non-matte blush, then go for a cream blush, like Burberry's Lip & Cheek Bloom, or a liquid blush, like NARS. Or find a powder blush with slight shimmer. Or one of the many options that you see if you search for cream blush on Sephora's site - many stick formulas available.

Anonymous Insider

@jeskayjam, for foundation free days, I go with either IT Cosmetics CC cream or IT Cosmetics Beauty fluid SPF 50+ (it's tinted) and concealer for my base makeup; a lippie of some sort, be it a gloss, lipstick or tinted lipbalm, curl my lashes and add mascara and that's it. 

I need sun protection so I go

for Dr. Jart Black Label beauty balm. It’s a B.B. cream with spf 25 and blends well into my fair skin. My only frustration with the product is the lack of colour selection, it’s wildy disappointing with only one available for light to medium skin. I hope to see more selection offered. I like a blush to add some fresh colour into my face, a liquid lip stain or lip gloss (gloss bomb by Fenty is my go to!), a mascara to help my eyes look more awake, and I’ll shape and fill in my brows. 

RE: Re: What is your foundation free makeup routine???!✨

Uggh I know I hate how color ranges are only made for tan “white” people.I really want to try the fenty gloss - as well as the colourpop liquid blotted lips!

Have you tried BB/CC cream? It has skin care benefits and is similar to a foundation but not. 

I think MILK was my go-to brand when working with a little-no makeup routine. I feel like I can throw their products in my bag and go as well and not worry that it will spill or leak. Additionally, I think masking will help skin in general look better than not if sporting the minimal makeup look. 

RE: Re: What is your foundation free makeup routine???!✨

I am really interested in milk makeup, but I heard it has really bad reviews. I really want to try the highlight, cream blush, and illuminating primer. Do you think it’s good? Thanks 🙂
25 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 33 Hearts Given
  • 17 Contributors
Photos1
testing