Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The One Palette Challenge

Palette Challenge Photo_Katie and Brenda holding eye palettes showing swatches.jpg

Who convinces themselves they need every palette out thereโ€ฆ Especially when itโ€™s versatile and can be used for both neutral and va-va-VOOM glamazon looks? *raises hand*

Who also has a tendency of buying a new palette, consistently using it for two weeks, and getting distracted by another product, abandoning their new friend OR just gets lazy with their eyeshadow game? *aggressively waves both hands in the air* *starts jumping up and down while waving*

If you can identify with any of the above, we have a challenge for you! We challenge you to dig into your beauty stash and pick out one palette that is extremely versatile. The goal is to use it daily or simply on the days your wear makeupโ€ฆ Up to you and your lifestyle! What we want to see are the different types of looks you can create or descriptions of the looks if youโ€™re short on time or cannot find the right lighting. (A recurring dilemma in my life!)

The looks can be simple or intricate, how you play is up to you! Be sure to leave a comment to share the palette youโ€™re focusing on. As far as updates, please track your progress throughout the week as many times are you're able to. We will try to devote ourselves to one palette for one and, if we arenโ€™t having commitment issues, we can keep the challenge going!

I am going to be using my new obsession, the PAT MCGRATH LABS - Eye Ecstasyโ„ข Eyeshadow & Mascara Kit. The six-pan palette in this kit offers everyday neutral shades, a range of light and dark shimmers, and the kit comes with a gorgeous crystalline pigment for a pop of glam. @BrendaBT will use the beautiful Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette @LexBT will be using CHARLOTTE TILBURY - The Icon Eyeshadow Palette, and @RebeccaBT will be trying the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Metallic Pigment Palette.

Will you join us on this challenge? Which palette will you pick?!

P.S. If you end up hitting pan on your palette don't forget to share your progress on the ever-popular Pan It! Challenge lead by the lovely @ElleElleG here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pan-It-2019-Challenge/m-p/4347876

Tags:

game of thrones! love this look @Indy701

game of thrones! love this look @Indy701

Re: The One Palette Challenge

@Indy701 Beautiful! 

Best,
Rebecca

@KatieBT 

What a great challenge! I have a lot of palettes so I think I will do one palette a week. This week (starting tomorrow) I will focus on using HUDA BEAUTY The New Nude Eyeshadow PaletteStay tuned for the looks! ๐Ÿ™‚

@gonerogue @KatieBT I could do this! one Palette a week f...

@gonerogue @KatieBT I could do this! one Palette a week for sure ๐Ÿ‘

@gonerogue Iโ€™m eyeing on this palette. Pls post looks and mini reviews too ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ

@blackkitty2014  It's a great palette for nude looks! I got mine when it first launched but haven't played around with it much so I figured it'd be a great contender for the challenge ๐Ÿ™‚

PAT MCGRATH LABS - Eye Ecstasyโ„ข Eyeshadow & Mascara Kit

Still keeping this going!  This was last week. I used PMG eye ecstasy, and was able to get dinner good looks from it.  I loved the one I did on Friday which I of course, forgot to take a pic of ๐Ÿคฃ๐ŸคทRepost from WAYWT threadRepost from WAYWT thread

Day 3 & 4Day 3 & 4

@danielledanielle I love these look and love this palette! 

TY, @KatieBT .  Me too, just wore it today and did the angeldust/purple crease look.

Silver-y/pink look.Silver-y/pink look.

Remaining three days: brown smokey eye, pink Halo and gold w/ creaseRemaining three days: brown smokey eye, pink Halo and gold w/ crease

The rest of the last week with Jouer Cosmetics Rose Gold Eyeshadow Palette

@danielledanielle  Loving this look!! 

Thank you... it's all the palette, ๐Ÿคฃ

Thank you... it's all the palette, ๐Ÿคฃ

Look 3: in honor of the 80-degree temps weโ€™re hitting later today, hereโ€™s a peachy/orangey summery look. I could have built up the color more, but I'm not ready for that intense of a look yet ๐Ÿ™‚ Still Shot, Baja, Stranded. Urban Decay Born To Run Eyeshadow Palette 21 x 0.02 oz/ 0.80 g

96161196-B92B-4C04-B88F-4CE595CBD9CF.jpeg

@tastelikewater  the orange shade goes so well with your eye color. 

Great color choices! @tastelikewater 

Urban Decay Born To Run Eyeshadow Palette 21 x 0.02 oz/ 0.80 gLook 2. Trying my least used shades: blues! These babies scare me, but I want to use every shade in the palette. Riff, Radio, Weekender, Big Sky, Blaze.

7E9AA9CA-84FA-46A1-9E65-DBBBEDAF9F84.jpeg

F5AE5CB2-BCB3-43DB-A7D8-EB5EAD6C84BF.jpeg

@tastelikewater I so love this. โ™ฅ๏ธ

you must use these shades @tastelikewater they look so go...

you must use these shades @tastelikewater they look so good on you!

Hi, all!  I've been using the MUFE Let's Gold palette this week. I'm glad I got it on the Spring Sale--it's very disappointing.  The colors are pretty, but they're hard to apply, both getting it out of the pan and then applying layer after layer to get some color to show up.  I don't like returning things, so I'm going to keep it.  I'll also use it for the rest of the week since I haven't tried all the colors yet.

@Titian06 Oh no, Iโ€™m so sorry the palette quality isnโ€™t as expected. I can feel your disappointment.

oh no ๐Ÿ˜ฅ@Titian06! sorry to hear about the disappointment...

oh no ๐Ÿ˜ฅ@Titian06! sorry to hear about the disappointment in the palette. Really sux when that happens ๐Ÿ˜ญ
testing